May 2017 Moms

Randoms and Questions 3.20 - 3.24

How goes it ladies?

Re: Randoms and Questions 3.20 - 3.24

• Loading the player...
  • @fbmandy55 have you had the new iced cinnamon Almond milk macchiato? It's delicious! 
  • @kayemjay2 that's so frustrating about your MIL!

My random, anyone's feet grown quite a bit this pregnancy? I've went from a 6 1/2 to an 8, I literally only can wear flip flops that i bought in that size right now!!! To the point where the bones in my feet are hurting (I assume from the stretching/growing) I'm just hoping they go back down. Last time my feet swelled but went back down, this time I'm nervous. I don't want to have buy all new shoes...  Anyone have this in prior pregnancys? anyone had this weird foot growth this time? I feel like I have hobbit feet at this point!

April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @BeachMommy2B I had to get rid of a lot of shoes after DD. My feet grew about 1/2 size even after all the swelling went away. It's something about how the bones in your feet can separate. 
  • @kayemjay2 That would drive me NUTS that your MIL continues making comments about the baby being a girl. I agree that I would just constantly shoot back about how great 2 boys will be.

I've noticed I started swelling maybe about a week ago. My rings were pretty tight a few times, so I'm definitely keeping an eye on that. I did eat out more than normal this past week, though, so I wouldn't be surprised it that made it worse.
  • @BeachMommy2B agreed w @bacorrea that even after the swelling went down my feet were still about 1/2 size too big for most of my pre-baby shoes. 

@kayemjay2 sorry your ILs are living in a state of denial. We are team green so it's just a lot of guessing over here, but I can imagine how frustrating that would be. On the "you're looking pregnant" comments I agree that i would reply with something to add in baby boy along the lines of what was suggested. 
  • My random, anyone's feet grown quite a bit this pregnancy? I've went from a 6 1/2 to an 8, I literally only can wear flip flops that i bought in that size right now!!! To the point where the bones in my feet are hurting (I assume from the stretching/growing) I'm just hoping they go back down. Last time my feet swelled but went back down, this time I'm nervous. I don't want to have buy all new shoes...  Anyone have this in prior pregnancys? anyone had this weird foot growth this time? I feel like I have hobbit feet at this point!

My feet got terrifying due to swelling last time and settled down to about 1/2 size larger post partum. Frigging relaxin can cause the bones in your feet to spread a little. I ended up getting rid of most of my old shoes in the 2 years after my first kid when I realized that even 10 lbs below my pre-preg weight they weren't going to fit again.

For third tri though I swear by stretchy ballet flat type shoes, they buy you some room and are comfy. Yosi Samra flats were a godsend last time. 

May '17 labor memes
  • @BeachMommy2B - My feet didn't grow until after my son was born, when they swelled hilariously. Apparently, that is normal with IV fluids, but they were gigantic. When we left the hospital, there were 8 inches of snow on the ground, and I had to wear my shower shoes (which were flip flops) because it was all that would fit. They've gone back to normal now though. I've heard of people whose feet permanently grow with pregnancy though, so I think it's totally normal. Pregnancy is so weird. 
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• clebl24clebl24 member
    edited March 2017
    @kayemjay2, your MIL's comments would rub me the wrong way too, especially since you know you're having another boy.  We're team green, but all our family is hoping for a girl.  It annoys me when people ask if I really want a girl. I just respond that I want a healthy baby. Of course I'd be escatic to have a girl, but I'd be just as excited to have another sweet boy.  

I find it amusing how vocal and opinionated people are about us not finding out baby's sex ahead of time.  
  • @kayemjay2 Your MIL sounds like such a peach, I'd be so annoyed with those comments as well. Whenever I get the "your getting bigger" comments I always just respond with "well there is a growing baby in there!" 

@BeachMommy2B I only had some swelling in my feet after all the IV fluids during delivery but mine went back down to regular size after! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • I keep getting the size comments from my brother... I saw him about 2 weeks ago and again the other day and both times he saw me he says "oh my you've gotten bigger since I last saw you" I said to him "well yeah, I'm growing a baby what did you expect?" Like really don't be a dummy, how annoying! 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• SKZWSKZW member
    @kayemjay2
    Your ILs sound... pleasant. You have every right to be annoyed!

I was in denial about my feet after having my son. I told myself my feet didn't really change, and I waited a year before finally shoe shopping a half size up. I needed more comfortable shoes and finally caved!

Happy Spring everyone! Hopefully winter will wrap up soon. Springtimey pregnancy makes me think of baby chicks cheeping, bunnies hopping, birds' nests with little eggs in them, flowers bursting forth through the damp awakening earth, and lots of bright sunshine and warm breezes through open windows. We are truly contributing to the cycle of life and rebirth and the future is wide open for us all.  :)

• @SKZW I'm very excited it's spring! And we will all have Spring babies, because I can't imagine anyone will be going that overdue to the first day of summer! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • KMD1106KMD1106 member
    edited March 2017
    My feet got 1/2-1 size bigger depending on the shoe last time. I did have to buy a lot of new shoes...not that I minded because I love shoes. I was sad to have to stop wearing a couple of my favorites though. I haven't noticed anything this time though. 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• I'm so excited for summer. Lots of birds chirping here and so forth. I'm dreading spring allergies. The eye drops that save me aren't safe for pregnancy and all of the over the counter stuff doesn't help. I'm not sure what I'm going to do besides try to stay inside with windows closed from April-May. 
  • I'm so mad at myself and now stressing. I signed H and I up for infant CPR and we decided my Mom should go. Well...I thought I added her, but I guess not? The class is today and there's no more spots!!! I know she's going to  be super disappointed about not going and H is going to be not thrilled that I apparently messed this up and now I feel like crap about the whole thing.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @RainyDays86 I admire your outlook and am glad to hear you are doing well.

Obviously I love our little girl and I am so happy that she is thriving. However, I keep getting such annoying comments from people. "You finally got your girl" and "Now your family is complete with your girl".

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• @kayemjay2 - Ugh, I'm so sorry you're dealing with those comments from your MIL. I feel like my IL's are disappointed we're having another boy too, but they can't be surprised since there hasn't been a girl born on FIL's side of the family since the 1920's. But of course that doesn't stop the little comments, especially the ones about trying until we get a girl. That would piss me off too about the baby doll, DS has all girls at his daycare so he's used to and sometimes prefers "girl toys". I bought him a doll house at a yard sale last summer and I thought my IL's were going die!

@BeachMommy2B  - My feet grew a size and a half with DS1, so annoying when you have to get rid of your shoes, although buying new ones was pretty fun!

@RainyDays86 - I didn't realize you were in CO too! This weather has been insane! Praying we don't have too many fires this summer. I may have to escape to my parents house in the mountains this summer if this heat continues!  

• @emilyalso That's what I was kind of thinking...I mean, shes 1 extra person and I would imagine someone is bound to no show. Eek. I'm dreading telling her and H.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry