May 2017 Moms

Randoms and Questions 3.20 - 3.24

Re: Randoms and Questions 3.20 - 3.24

• @clebl24 - I already had a chiropractor that I had gone to in the past when I got pregnant. I just asked if he worked with pregnant women and he said yea. I went to him from 6.5 to 8 months pregnant and he took care of my issue so I didn't need him the last month of pregnancy. I highly recommend going to one if you are needing it.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• @nda_roxybabe I know you've gotten plenty of feedback about the pb chili lol but just wanted to say I'm from the Midwest and it is expected you serve cinnamon rolls with your chili and actually eat them simultaneously so peanut butter is actually not so strange to me! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Attempting to make dinner and pack at the same time...dogs are driving me nuts, baby is kicking/moving up a storm, and all I want to do is lay down because my feet hurt...it's gonna be a fun few days! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • @chickyclg so glad the NST went well and the contractions slowed down!  So glad LO is doing great!
  • @chickyclg what a little stinker! I'm glad everything is ok.
  • @chickyclg Good to hear! Babies are so good at causing trouble ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• @chickyclg I'm glad everything turned out ok!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @CarmCeG I have a permanent retainer on my bottom teeth! It's been there since I got my braces off 15yrs ago, although I did have it replaced once because it broke. It is a major pain to floss around and I often think about asking to have it removed, but my dentist says that I clean around it well and he'd rather leave it on. I did have a removable plastic retainer for my top teeth and I wore that for about 5 years. I've since stopped wearing it and haven't noticed any change in my teeth. Sometimes I pop the retainer on just to see if my teeth have stayed the same! Haha 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • So I'm late to the safe convo. Living in an earthquake zone, I've taken some safety preparedness classes. The fire chief who taught one said that fireproof boxes work great - as ovens so your docs get baked to ashes regardless. He recommends having digital copies of everything important. I hope no one ever finds out firsthand!
  • @chickyclg - I'm glad everyone is ok with baby!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Dingaling lol love it
  • hp_momma said:
    @CarmCeG I have a permanent retainer on my bottom teeth! It's been there since I got my braces off 15yrs ago, although I did have it replaced once because it broke. It is a major pain to floss around and I often think about asking to have it removed, but my dentist says that I clean around it well and he'd rather leave it on. I did have a removable plastic retainer for my top teeth and I wore that for about 5 years. I've since stopped wearing it and haven't noticed any change in my teeth. Sometimes I pop the retainer on just to see if my teeth have stayed the same! Haha 
    I have the same. I've had this permanent retainer for 16 years and the dentist still won't remove it... It annoys me because it makes it very hard to brush and floss in that area. 
  • My husband found out this morning that his request to leave work for an hour to come to my last 2-3 appointments was denied. They won't let him. I'm pissed, because I've gone to most of my appointments alone and I told him that I thought he should be at the last few, since they will be important. 

They've also only given him 1 to 2 UNPAID days off when baby is born. Since he works for an international pharmaceutical company, I'm pretty sure FMLA says otherwise. 
  • @fbmandy55 sorry he cant go to the appointments! If it makes you feel better, my husband has only gone to the first appointment (at 7 weeks) and i think one other... I think most husbands probably cant go to many. As for leave after baby, im sorry thats all they gave him :/ i hope he can figure out how to get more!!! I will never understand why dads get such little time off! 
  • Happy Friday, folks. So I called my OBGYN to ask about taking cough drops and if there were any ingredients to avoid (because they weren't specified on the medication list they gave me). The woman I talked to said cough drops are fine, but I thought I'd heard ones with herbal stuff might need to be avoided. Anyone have additional knowledge on the topic? I'm inclined to just trust my OBGYN, but the cough drops we have at home are menthol/herbal, so I'm just a little cautious.
  • Happy Friday, folks. So I called my OBGYN to ask about taking cough drops and if there were any ingredients to avoid (because they weren't specified on the medication list they gave me). The woman I talked to said cough drops are fine, but I thought I'd heard ones with herbal stuff might need to be avoided. Anyone have additional knowledge on the topic? I'm inclined to just trust my OBGYN, but the cough drops we have at home are menthol/herbal, so I'm just a little cautious.
    I looked into this awhile back. I found that Halls regular cough drops are fine. I avoided the ones with anything extra. 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• @fbmandy55 just like @BeachMommy2B stated my last few appointments were very standard and only about 5 minutes long. I'm. Sorry your DH can't be there for them but between the 2, it would be better for him to push for time off after baby is here. Hopefully he can talk with HR and see if FMLA applies.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• SKZWSKZW member
    Cord blood donations. Not sure if it was in this thread or another one, but I wanted clarification for myself before posting. I just had an appt with my OB and she assured me that donation and DCC/delayed cord clamping are not mutually exclusive. She said, "we do both all the time; it's no problem."

Also, I read that if for some reason the blood can't be banked after they type it, the program I'll donate to then uses the cord and stem cells in research for HIV, diabetes, and immune function, so it's a no-cost, no-brainer decision for me personally to donate that which would otherwise be waste.
  • If your OB/provider waits until the cord stops pulsing there's a negligible amount of blood left in it. If they only wait 1-3 minutes and there's still a strong pulse, as is more common, @SKZW is right in saying that there is likely going to be enough blood to collect. Practice styles vary - it may be good to clarify your preferences and what is done at your birthing location. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Random: Just signed us up for a bunch of baby classes...better late than never, right?! Not really late, but to me it feels like its getting a little late...

• fbmandy55 said:
    hp_momma said:
    @CarmCeG I have a permanent retainer on my bottom teeth! It's been there since I got my braces off 15yrs ago, although I did have it replaced once because it broke. It is a major pain to floss around and I often think about asking to have it removed, but my dentist says that I clean around it well and he'd rather leave it on. I did have a removable plastic retainer for my top teeth and I wore that for about 5 years. I've since stopped wearing it and haven't noticed any change in my teeth. Sometimes I pop the retainer on just to see if my teeth have stayed the same! Haha 
    I have the same. I've had this permanent retainer for 16 years and the dentist still won't remove it... It annoys me because it makes it very hard to brush and floss in that area. 
    I've also had one for 18 years now. It's a pain to floss around, but my teeth would shift w/o it.  Every few years a section will pop off and I have to get it reattached.  
  • @fbmandy55, my husband only goes to ultrasound appointments.  Like previous posters have mentioned, he really isn't missing much. And once they start checking you, he is essentially watching your doc finger you, which I always thought would be a little akward anyway.  

Any time DH takes off after baby will be vacation days. He gets zero paid parernity leave.  
  • clebl24 said:
    fbmandy55 said:
    hp_momma said:
    I've also had one for 18 years now. It's a pain to floss around, but my teeth would shift w/o it.  Every few years a section will pop off and I have to get it reattached.  
    well now I feel old because i've also had mine for over 15 years! I have the bar on top and bottom. I love it because my teeth wont move, however its basically impossible to floss under the top
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

• Does anyone know or have experience with Rodan + Fields? I have finally reached the point where I am too uncomfortable to get my lash extensions done so I am going to try the at home lash booster but it says to consult with physician before use. Wondering if it's ok to use or not. 
  • @fbmandy55 & @hp_momma That's what I was thinking, my bottom teeth were really crooked (lol), and I think the perm retainer would be great to make sure they don't shift, but we'll see! I imagine it requires about the same maintenance as my braces do now.

23 y/o;
    First time mommy <3 [05/06/17]

90% of the way there :D

Pregnancy Ticker

• edited March 2017
    my husband also does not come to many appointments. With my last, I was forcing him to come until I realized that there was no point unless something was going on. I see a midwife and they don't routinely check for dilation unless you request it toward the end. I had a membrane sweep last time at 40 weeks and it was nice to have him there for that because that was pretty unpleasant!
  • @SWE2  I generally boycott all MLM, so I have no experience with R&F.  I really love the Benefit They're Real lengthening mascara though.

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • @schnitz9 ive been dealing with that since thanksgiving. It has just gotten worse and worse. I use perineal ice packs I had left over from my son's delivery at night but otherwise staying off my feet has helped alot, they just removed me from one of the rotations we do as xray techs where we have to bring the xray machine to the patient and we do that all day so it was practically a day of standing constantly with about 
  • @BabyMC517 I took a baby class at 29 weeks and I was one of the earliest. Most women were around 32 weeks +. I feel like a lot of people wait til the end. 
  • @BabyMC517 I took a baby class at 29 weeks and I was one of the earliest. Most women were around 32 weeks +. I feel like a lot of people wait til the end. 
    That makes me feel better! We've been wanting to but nothing fit our schedules or we didn't have the money at the time with all of the drama with the house. I'll be 32+ a few days when we start the Lamaze classes. The rest are a breastfeeding and cpr class. H is doing one for dads only which I think is so cute! 

• PSA: This book looks amazing and I'm definitely pre-ordering it right now.

https://www.amazon.com/She-Persisted-Chelsea-Clinton/dp/1524741728/
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• @RainyDays86 I had been feeling pretty chipper and energetic, up until this past week. I've been exhausted, too, but I'm not sure if it's third tri or my cold.