April 2014 Moms

Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

Re: Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

• mamrotu73 said:
    @celticlullaby‌ I had a dream two nights ago the I was celeb watching in the NYC underground. I staked out a metal staircase under a coffee shop on Broadway. I saw George Clooney and Jude Law. The best was I saw The Doctor dragging an apparently dead Gary Busey up the stairs. When he noticed me watching, he just dropped the body and kept walking. So, my weird brain thinks the world needs The Doctor to save us from Gary Busey who is clearly an evil alien.
    Anything to put an end to the Amazon Fire commercials that run constantly on Hulu!
    September Siggy Challenge: Singing in the Shower

• @ImnAtari‌ - wtf? ordering online makes you a terrorist?? well, then i know a bunch
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @ImnAtari‌ my 6am grass cutting neighbor totally cuts his grass too much. I won't be surprised if he's out there again this evening. At one point I remember him literally cutting it everyday at the same time every evening
  • macgrs said:

Can I just AW the super cute onesie my sister made for O? She made a whole set of French veggies!

I think little lady likes it too
  • thomas930 said:

I love my viscious fleabag, but I want to punch her in the throat. Pretty sure her habit of walking around the house with a mouthful of dog food and randomly depositing it places (only eating 3/4 of each pile) is why we have mice.

My dog does this too! It's a good thing he's cute.

So does mine! Why do they do this?!

Mine too! He always has. Takes a mouthful and brings it to the one nice rug to eat off of. I have to be especially careful when it's a "messy snack" or wet food...and forget a bone... Ugh he always find a nice pillow or clean blanket to eat it on.

May the Fourth Be With You: Our 5-4-14 Baby: Andrew Joseph
  • Just got out of the shower. 

Holy butt zits. Bleh.
    My arms are worse than my face during puberty. White heads and red bumps everywhere!!!!!so gross!

• baileymama3baileymama3 member
    edited May 2014
    So dumb question for Ktan wearers: is there any chance of suffocation? I know it sounds dumb but Andrew is so small (8-7oz) and curls up in it. Was not phased the few time so wore it and then in the grocery store I looked down and I thought he looked blue and freaked out. He was obviously fine but since he curls up and is almost completely covered I started worrying... Am I being irrational?

Edit: also I just saw my avatar changed to generic? Anyone else notice theirs?

• What can i do for this baby acne it's all over his face and ears now a bit on his chest and neck :(
    September Siggy Challenge: What I Sing in the Shower: Little Mermaid "Part Of That World"image

• ImnAtari said:

our neighbor mows his perfect lawn three times a week... lines and all. Its totally unnessicary.

We're convinced he hates his wife.

I kind of hate her too... she told her husband (who told my husband...) she thinks we're terrorists because we order everything online.

This! They got divorced this past winter. He probably does hate his wife

BabyFetus Ticker

• eireyeseireyes member
    DH, LO and I went out to a pizza place for dinner last night, since it was free (pre-opening dry run). Our dinner started at 8, LO was due to go to bed at 8:30. Got him to sleep at 8 in the car seat, and I hoped it would go well.

Wrong. Aiden woke up screaming at 8:15, we finally ate and left at 9:30 (I held and rocked him the whole time so he kinda slept). Aiden screamed the whole trip home, and then took until 11:15 to finally zonk out. He only slept three hours, then two, then two with me holding him, and now he's only napping if I hold him and wanting fed every two hours.

I told DH never again are we going out with Aiden around bedtime.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • At what point do you break out the snot sucker? I can see boogers in DD's nose but she doesn't seem terribly bothered by it. Her breathing does sound a little stuffy though.
  • @purespark‌ chest to chest with froggy. I will try to lean him up more and practice today! His nose isn't on my chest but the fabric covers his face---there's air space but it makes me nervous. And thanks!

• @mrscrcalli Logan is 6 weeks today and his face is just starting to clear up but his chest is still broken out. Not a whole lot can be done for it, it just has to run its course. Putting some breastmilk seemed to help a bit but it could have been coincidence. He's had it since 2 weeks.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
       Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • At what point do you break out the snot sucker? I can see boogers in DD's nose but she doesn't seem terribly bothered by it. Her breathing does sound a little stuffy though.

*Stuck in quote box* Merri is 4 weeks old and I've already done it to her.

• @purespark Thanks for the snot tip regarding nasal sprays and drying them out!

• mamrotu73 said:

lia619 said:

Hi RTT!

Does anyone use the infantino mei tai wrap? How high up does your LO sit on your chest?

I feel like DD is not high enough but I can't get her to sit any higher (big boob problem?). I started doing the feet/legs out position because she HATES froggy suddenly--I wonder if I'm doing that too early.

I have a k'tan, but his head sits level with the top of my boobs. I had to switch to legs out as well because he screams about froggy style now (at 5w).

I have that wrap! Luke hates groggy now and he has such strong legs he pushes himself out(turd) how do you get his legs around you? I feel like Luke is still to little to make that work!

BabyFetus Ticker

• @PoppySeedWindsor‌ I used to get butt zits in high school. Clean and Clear makes a medicated lotion called Dual Action Moisturizer. It really works! I still use it 10 years later. It works on body zits but it never helped my face.
    Oh man thank you! I've NEVER had acne before, like ever. I was the girl who never washed her face, even after running 15 miles in the hot summer months where I'd sweat like a pig. Now though, I can't do ANYTHING to get these monsters under control. It's so embarrassing and occasionally painful. I just bought some stridex pads but I will go get the Dual Action Moisturizer ASAP!

• smushismushi member
    This might sound weird, but is anyone else having horrific nightmares/thoughts about the safety of your LO?  Sometimes I find myself just overcome with seriously scary irrational thoughts, like if we went out on the lake in the boat with LO for Memorial Day, I find myself fearing that he'll roll off the side or imagining him in his car seat sinking, or him somehow breaking his arm while I'm holding him, and the list goes on and on.  I had a horrible nightmare last night where LO was kidnapped right in front of me, and I couldn't stop the guy, and LO wasn't able to get any food and was wasting away... It's making my palms sweat just thinking about it again.  Each time these scenarios just seem to pop up out of the blue, and they make me really frantic and I have to go check LO...  I'm a very happy person and very happy being a mom, but these moments of sheer terror are starting to eat at me.  

Anyone else get any feelings like these?
  • Holy hell, this 6 wk growth spurt is a bitch. I didn't even notice previous growth spurts but this one is awful. He's eaten 13 times already and it's only 1- about 10 times since he woke up at 6. He overate at one point and barfed all over both of us. Oh, and he's not sleeping. So that's neat.

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Woke up from a nap with Merri screaming. I thought she was hungry. Nope. The big cat was on her and she was screaming because she couldn't freaking breathe.

Fuck me I can't ever let her go now. 

Anyone else deal with shitty cats that don't know to not sleep on top of a baby?

• hlm184hlm184 member
    Vacuum cleaner is my new best friend.  Fussy fussy baby, so I put him in the sling and turned on the vacuum - BAM, he's asleep within two minutes!
  • Catching up!
    I'm apparently a terrorist since I do like 90% of my shopping online. I'm only like 45 minutes from major shopping centers in the city but to hell with that!! I even have an organic box delivered every 2 weeks. Fresh, local, and organic fruit and veggies delivered to my door!

And Penny also has baby acne but it's getting better every day. I just rub in any BM that dribbles out on her face. She's 5 weeks tomorrow.
    YCSWU
  • MOTY award goes to me today. Was getting LO out of the car and set his car seat on the ground. Grab my groceries from the car and the bag rips right over his seat. A box of 2 bars of soap hit him square on the head :(. He squealed and then fell back asleep. Poor guy!

I made DD cry hysterically yesterday because I was kissing her cheeks and she moved and I kissed her ear and the kissing sound was loud and scared her. She made the saddest face and cried so much. I felt awful but it was also hilarious.
  • @smushi when I first came home from the hospital I dreamed of babies falling flat on their faces. Whenever I leave baby in the room no matter how safe and secure he is I fear that he'll fall and die. Morbid, I know. I always hear his little body hitting the floor in my head.
  • so, my BF's mom asked me yesterday when we are gonna get DS baptized. umm, i haven't been to church since i was maybe 7? and he hasn't been since he was under 10yo. so it's not happening. we avoided the question and hope it doesn't come up again

****disclaimer : i have nothing against religion, baptism, christening, attending church, not attending church, or whatever you believe in. as long as you are happy, do what works for you****
    CafeMom Tickers
  • @smushi‌ You aren't alone. I was just proscribed Zoloft today for PP anexity and OCD. I have similar thoughts/mental images. I would talk to your care provider.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
  • Me eating chips is the funniest thing in the world to this little dude
  • One month ago today DH was in his accident.
  • Well apparently I look as shitty as I've been feeling lately. Wasn't in my ob's office 5 seconds before the nurse asked me what's wrong and I burst into tears. I really have been miserable lately and I guess I didn't know how much it was effecting me. DH and I have some things to talk over but I think I'm going to be stopping fb and switching to formula. I feel really guilty about it but I think this is what's best for us.
  • Well apparently I look as shitty as I've been feeling lately. Wasn't in my ob's office 5 seconds before the nurse asked me what's wrong and I burst into tears. I really have been miserable lately and I guess I didn't know how much it was effecting me. DH and I have some things to talk over but I think I'm going to be stopping fb and switching to formula. I feel really guilty about it but I think this is what's best for us.

YGPM

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"