April 2014 Moms
Options

Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

Re: Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

• Options
    Mamamonzo said:

Craft question: I made salt dough and did hand prints. It said to bake 3 hours at 100 my oven only goes down to 170 so I did that for 3 hours. The dough is still soft. Does it take a few days to fully harden up or did I do something wrong!?

I would bake it another 30 min, and check again and bake another 30 still. It will harden, but you want it to be a fully cooked as possible so it doesn't mold or anything!
    I made paw print ornaments for Christmas one year and had to cook them forever! But they turned out really well and lasted! Good luck!

May the Fourth Be With You: Our 5-4-14 Baby: Andrew Joseph
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My son hates the swing and bouncer and his pacifier. Whyyyyyyyyyyyy :((
    September Siggy Challenge: What I Sing in the Shower: Little Mermaid "Part Of That World"image

• Options
    *empathy love tits
    image    image    image    image

• Options

T got circumsized this afternoon. I think I cried more than he did.

Ditto. It suuuucked. But at least you never have to go through it again, and he won't remember!

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Options

AW: I was able to get LO to sleep long enough for me to take a 2 mile walk this morning..my longest PP walk yet! Starting to feel like myself again.
    Also, GO DUCKS!

Porter has this shirt!
    Yell-O!!
    September Siggy Challenge: What I Sing in the Shower: Little Mermaid "Part Of That World"image

• Options
    eireyeseireyes member
    Mamamonzo said:
    Starting to worry about Luke. 2 months old and only 10lbs 3 oz. he was 5 10 at birth. I just feel like he's such a little dude and so many of your babies are passing him in weight and they are weeks younger than he is. I feel like my BM is bad or something and not doing it's job even though there is plenty of it. His ped doesn't seemed concerned but I feel like a bad mom.
    I'm right there with you @mamamonzo! I'm pretty sure Aiden is similar sized to Luke (5 10 at birth) and he's somewhere around 9 right now at six weeks. I worry like crazy too, mostly because he's just so darned small! I know birth size is no indicator of adult size (I was the same size at birth), but it doesn't make me feel any better!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Watching Grey's Anatomy reruns and one of the docs suggested a dad dip the bottle nipple in sugar water to get the baby to take a bottle. I know that's a bad idea, but.......
    Everything I know about taking care of babies I learned from Grey's Anatomy.  Skin to skin helps calm them down, sugar nipples...

(Dang that's only two. I was really hoping for more. Regardless, <3s to you for still watching Grey's)
    September Siggy Challenge: Singing in the Shower

• Options
    Mamamonzo said:

Starting to worry about Luke. 2 months old and only 10lbs 3 oz. he was 5 10 at birth. I just feel like he's such a little dude and so many of your babies are passing him in weight and they are weeks younger than he is. I feel like my BM is bad or something and not doing it's job even though there is plenty of it.

His ped doesn't seemed concerned but I feel like a bad mom.

My baby took almost 3 weeks to get back to birth weight. Everyone is going to grow differently. I'm sure your milk is fine as long as you see poop and pee from LO.

• Options
    mrscrcallimrscrcalli member
    edited May 2014

I hate when people say "I know, right?" After everything! STFU

• Options
    My dr apt was supposed to be almost 2 hours ago.
    He's still not even here and there someone ahead of me.
    Fuck. You.

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
    April 14 August Siggy Challenge- "This time last year.."
  • Options
    pineconey said:

My dr apt was supposed to be almost 2 hours ago.
    He's still not even here and there someone ahead of me.
    Fuck. You.

That's crap. Is there anyone else you can see? I think I remember you saying its a long way from home so you probably don't want to reschedule.

Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Options
    pineconey said:

I hate when people say "I know, right?" After everything! STFU

... I know, right?!
    :D
    Or, even worse, when they just say, "riiiiiiiight?"

• Options

My attempt at taking a bath, using @pineconey‌ method of boppy snuggle trickery in the bassinet ..
    So far it's working!

Boppy cover twins!!!

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
  • Options
    This kind of makes me feel like a lunatic....but, today we went to the dr for Truman's circ and I asked several other questions I had about breast feeding, etc. The male dr (first time I've seen this guy) suggested we start T on a bottle a day ASAP to get him used to it. He's 18 days old! I had previously heard wait until 4 wks. I am literally JUST coming out of the hard stage of breast feeding and now I feel irrationally sad about sharing feeding time with SO who can give him a bottle. I guess I'm being selfish. I want that special time with T to be just mommy & T time for a little longer. Is that super crazy? From what I gather most other people rejoice once daddies can help feed. A week ago when I was in the throws of mastitis I wouldn't have felt this way....but now that it's getting better, I don't know....I guess I can't expect him to only BF forever - but it's so soon! :(
  • Options
    smushismushi member
    edited May 2014
    Little guy won't take a nap long enough to let me get dressed, hence the robe. Poor guy...This first leap is a bitch.
    :( Ours started Sunday night and just last night he finally let me put him back to sleep in the crib, and gifted me with a good crib nap this afternoon. There's a light at the end of each long clingy screaming tunnel :)

ETA @rockstarlaw You're not crazy.  I felt exactly the same way, and still do.  I'm dreading when my MIL visits and finds out I can pump a bottle for him. She'll think she can just take him anytime then... and my mommy lizard brain doesn't like that idae.
  • Options
    Bluebird2318Bluebird2318 member
    edited May 2014
    Mamamonzo said:
    Starting to worry about Luke. 2 months old and only 10lbs 3 oz. he was 5 10 at birth. I just feel like he's such a little dude and so many of your babies are passing him in weight and they are weeks younger than he is. I feel like my BM is bad or something and not doing it's job even though there is plenty of it. His ped doesn't seemed concerned but I feel like a bad mom.
    @mamamonzoDon't worry! Smaller doesn't necessarily mean undernourished. I understand the frustration though. My DD was a preemie and she was behind on the weight charts for a long time. Even now she's only 10th percentile for weight (50th for height, 75th for head circumference), but her pediatricians have never been unhappy with her weight. I think it's way more about an individual baby's progress than it is about how they compare to other babies. It doesn't matter if at 8 weeks your baby is 10th percentile for weight and your friend's baby is 75th percentile for weight; that doesn't mean much. On the other hand if your baby was 75th percentile for weight at one appointment and then dropped to 10th percentile at their next appointment that could be a problem, know what I mean? 
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DD is all scheduled to see the rheumatologist in July. They wanted to see her in next month but there weren't any openings.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
  • Options

Having an Aha!/Duh moment. If (as they say) colostrum (which acts as a laxative to get meconium and jaundice out) running out is the reason kiddos start to poop less often/get gassy... then tapping into my freezer stash once in a while should, in theory, help things move along.

Going to experiment with this every week or so...

What kind of stash are you workin with? Our LOs are the same age and I have 5 4oz bags, are my boobs just sub par?

• Options

Having an Aha!/Duh moment. If (as they say) colostrum (which acts as a laxative to get meconium and jaundice out) running out is the reason kiddos start to poop less often/get gassy... then tapping into my freezer stash once in a while should, in theory, help things move along.

Going to experiment with this every week or so...

I had the same thought and tried it... Didn't seem to make a difference!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    sking72sking72 member
    pineconey said:

Anyone else's kid drooling already? I thought that didn't happen until teething...

We're all drooly over here. If I put her on my chest before she's tired she just slobbers and runs her head all around in it.

Why do my boobs look so good?image
    Then I peed on a stick...image
  • Options
    Holy! I made a post on my local moms networking facebook page asking what time the noise curfew was. The woman who's husband was making the noise is apparently a member and flipped out on me. Not only did she publicly admit that they were the ones making noise, but then she called me immature for saying anything on facebook without going out to talk to them first. 
    Cue in my defence from several other neigbours who were also up with awake kids due to the noise.... I think I just started a neighbourhood war somehow! 
    All I did was mention the neighbourhood name after someone else asked if they were hearing the same thing and it all went to shit. I had no idea who it was to begin with and now I really don't care to know them. 
    YCSWU
  • Options
    I feel like a jerk- I just disappeared from A14, I know. Things are hard here. 
    I try to read RTT to see what you guys are up to though.
    I've been really depressed lately.  I guess that's all.  I'll try to catch up more with RTT. 

• Options

DH is great with LO but he's failing at getting beer I like. We need to have a come to Jesus chat...

It's Oberon season...

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
  • Options
    @rockstarlaw‌ I didn't give DS a bottle til he was 6 weeks he had no issues taking it at all and has only had 1 since then. I didn't want to give up our bond yet I don't blame you.

@ColleenSwerb‌ Chase didn't get baby acne til 4 weeks and he still has it at almost 8 :( I want his pretty baby skin back!
  • Options
    Mamamonzo said:

snmetz7 said:

@mamamonzo our kids are the same age (adjusted) and A is 10.8 lbs today (I just weighed her just for you) so sounds like like is perfect. :)

Thanks mama!!
    Mines only 2 weeks younger and is 9.4. I wouldn't stress!
  • Options
    @jellysparkles‌ I may not have gone far enough back in date. I was told it starts to run out around 6 weeks. I just grabbed my very first frozen bag. I'll keep you posted.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    We've had a busy day. I feel better. LO and I went to Target and spent $90 (ooooops sorry/notsorry), had my 6 wk pp checkup and ran a bunch of errands. He slept the whole time. There are some heavy storms rolling though the Denver metro area so that's fun-we're far enough west that they've missed us.

• Options

DD is starting to get baby acne. I had thought she mostly missed it since she's 3w. Boo.

Mine didn't get it til just the other day - and she's almost 4 weeks! :( I was so mad because I want to take cute one-month pics of her tomorrow and now I'm thinking I'll have to photoshop precious baby pics.. Which seems wrong lol!
    Mine got at 4weeks too :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"