April 2014 Moms
Options

Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

Re: Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

• Options
    mamrotu73 said:

Tried taking a shower earlier but A woke up hungry about 2 mins in. Solution: I started to fill the tub, stripped A down, and fed him while the tub filled. Afterward he was a content, calm, floaty baby while I just supported his head and shoulders so he could lay on his back in the water. Winning!

I'm thinking about doing that soon! Penny enjoys showering with me but isn't a fan of a bath by herself. Maybe she'd like the big bath filled up and some company :)
    YCSWU
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I want some mashed potatoes so bad tonight. LO wants to be held and doesn't want me to cook. I managed to get some Velveeta Shells cooking. I'm getting a major headache tonight, no fun.

95% of me doesn't want to go back to work and 5% of me is excited. I'm ready to settle into our new normal. Anyone else want to go back even a tiny bit?

I hate to admit it cause I'm supposed to want to stay home with kiddo forever, but I can't stinking wait to go back to work.
  • Options
    aviola329 said:

MadBloom said:

mamrotu73 said:

Tried taking a shower earlier but A woke up hungry about 2 mins in. Solution: I started to fill the tub, stripped A down, and fed him while the tub filled. Afterward he was a content, calm, floaty baby while I just supported his head and shoulders so he could lay on his back in the water. Winning!

I'm thinking about doing that soon! Penny enjoys showering with me but isn't a fan of a bath by herself. Maybe she'd like the big bath filled up and some company :)

I did a bath with Tommy during our massive heatwave, made the water just cool enough to take the edge off the heat without being to cold, he seemed to like it a lot

Yes! Such a good idea. We are lacking in the AC department... And with a southern exposure it gets pretty freaking hot in the house!
    YCSWU
  • Options
    @3crazykitties‌ sorry you're having a rough night :(
    I'm currently comfort nursing too but it's not even 11 yet so there's still hope for me.
    YCSWU
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    @3crazykitties‌ I'm also sorry to hear the babe is having sleep issues. And your poor boobies! I'll be here all night with you...

Edited: I'll be here because Merri can't poop. I feel like I needed to add that in so my post didn't sound so creeptastic.
    September Siggy Challenge: Singing in the Shower

• Options
    TwirpleTwirple member
    @3crazykitties I am really sorry that your DS is refusing sleep.  I hope he finally sleeps so you can get some rest.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Options
    DD doesn't comfort nurse. I feel like usually when she's mad my boobs are the last thing she wants, even though she moves her mouth like she wants to nurse. It makes me kind of sad. Today, she is like a different child. She used to sleep almost all day easily in her rnp or swing, but today she was much more alert than usual, and she will pretty much only sleep when she is being held. I put her down and within minutes her eyes are wide open again. I am not holding my breath for a restful night.

Photobucket imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hugs to you ladies whose kids won't sleep.. We upped Sullivan's formula dosage per feeding again, hoping that will keep him fuller longer so he will sleep longer. A mom can dream!
  • Options

DD doesn't comfort nurse. I feel like usually when she's mad my boobs are the last thing she wants, even though she moves her mouth like she wants to nurse. It makes me kind of sad. Today, she is like a different child. She used to sleep almost all day easily in her rnp or swing, but today she was much more alert than usual, and she will pretty much only sleep when she is being held. I put her down and within minutes her eyes are wide open again. I am not holding my breath for a restful night.

Welcome to the late night club! It's reassuring to me to hear how your LO acts at your boobs. Mine does the same thing and I'm wondering why she won't eat/if she's experiencing nipple confusion/if my boob all of a sudden tastes like ass...but it seems like pretty typical infant behavior. Wishing you some sleep!

• Options
    @PoppySeedWindsor‌ I question all those things as well. It seems like it happens pretty much every evening when she gets upset, but I think she's just tired because it's usually resolved by falling asleep. It's just frustrating because DH tries to help, but always says she is hungry since she tries to eat his arm, but she refuses to latch. She eats fine during nighttime feedings and most of the day. I guess it's just one of the adventures in newborns!

Photobucket imageimage

• Options

@PoppySeedWindsor‌ I question all those things as well. It seems like it happens pretty much every evening when she gets upset, but I think she's just tired because it's usually resolved by falling asleep. It's just frustrating because DH tries to help, but always says she is hungry since she tries to eat his arm, but she refuses to latch. She eats fine during nighttime feedings and most of the day. I guess it's just one of the adventures in newborns!

This is EXACTLY what Merri does. She's totally awesome during the day and in the morning but a PITA when she's tired. Go figure. Also, hubster is exactly the same. He'll have her for me to give me a break only to say, "Hey mom I think we're still hungry." I know he means well but I could punch him for that sometimes.

• Options
    This is currently the only way she'll sleep...so that's fun for mom.

• Options
    @poru‌ for my LO, she was sleeping most of the day and still behaving this way in the evening. She just is not happy to be awake. We usually just hold her and rock her, bounce her, whatever it takes to get her to sleep, but she fights it. She isn't usually awake for very long

Photobucket imageimage

• Options
    @poru She sacked out at 8:15 after nursing but woke up after 20 minutes with gas and having to poop. Usually we start the bedtime process of bathing, feeding and changing around 730 and finish around 830/9.

• Options
    @poru now that you mentioned bedroom i do realize we had a bunch going on tonight so it wasn't as calm and quiet as usual for her (I say "as usual" like I know what I'm talking about...pshhhh. She's 4 weeks old...I able no idea!).

• Options
    mrscrcallimrscrcalli member
    edited May 2014
    Someone please explain how DS can sleep sound in the day and even once his bedtime hits he's still stealth like but the 2am-6am hour he grunts like a mad man!? Why?
    September Siggy Challenge: What I Sing in the Shower: Little Mermaid "Part Of That World"image

• Options
    I'm so fucking annoyed with my bf. I totally appreciate him getting up with the baby and I in the middle of the night but he seems to think that makes it play time and he insists on talking to the kid in his big playful voice. I get do sick of asking him not to stimulate the baby at night but he won't listen. If the baby refuses to fall asleep I'm locking myself in the other room and leaving then to their own devices.
  • Options
    TwirpleTwirple member
    @deidremaria that would seriously piss me off!  Maybe if you do lock yourself in the other room and leave your BF to deal with the aftermath, he will realize why you don't want your LO to be overstimulated at night and knock it off.  Good luck.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Options
    @deidremaria‌ hubster does the same thing. I wonder why guys just don't get it sometimes.

• Options
    Thanks girls. He managed to knock it off and put the baby down but I'm sure it'll be the same fight again tonight.
  • Options
    Of course I'm still awake drone our 5am feeding, baby is working my boobs, bf is snoring and my neighbor started his lawn mower promptly at 6am. Fuck my entire life!
  • Options
    LO got up at 2:30 to eat, and then decided it was time to be wide awake. Finally almost fully asleep again an hour later, but I'm afraid to move her.

Photobucket imageimage

• Options
    Really hubster? I just wake up to nurse her after sleeping just two hours total last night and you HAVE to know where a CD is? You HAVE TO HAVE IT RIGHT NOW? No "Good morning, how are you?" or "How did the night go?" Just, "Where did YOU put that CD?"

Awesome. Loooooooove starting the day off with a fight. Eff you Wednesday.

• Options
    Took DH to work this morning and on the way back home I came within inches of hitting a deer that decided it wanted to bolt out of the woods. Can we say instant heart attack! It took me a year to not panick every time I saw a deer on the side of the road after my accident just last year and I still avoid the road that it happened on. I swear they are plotting against me.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
       Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @mamrotu73‌ we fall under the latter. It's hot here ALL THE TIME unless it's raining or dark and even then sometimes it's humid and gross.

@celticlullaby‌ that sounds bad ass. I'm totally fantasizing about it now
  • Options
    @celticlullaby‌ - i had a crazy dream the other morning that my sister and i moved back home with all our kids. i was sleeping in my old room and when i woke up it was covered in spiders, like over 2000 of them bitches. freaked me the hell out!!! so no, i don't think the crazy dreams are just for pregnancy!

@deidremaria‌ - my BF likes to do the same thing, start playing around, turns on all the lights, and then wonders why i get pissed off. i made him start taking middle of the night wake ups
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    hlm184hlm184 member
    Can I go back on vacation?  DS was better behaved - when he's fussy all he wants is to be carried and MOVING.  At home, I get bored as heck pacing the room, but on vacation we were always going somewhere so he was happy!
  • Options

I love my viscious fleabag, but I want to punch her in the throat. Pretty sure her habit of walking around the house with a mouthful of dog food and randomly depositing it places (only eating 3/4 of each pile) is why we have mice.

My dog does this too! It's a good thing he's cute.

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Options
    I love my viscious fleabag, but I want to punch her in the throat. Pretty sure her habit of walking around the house with a mouthful of dog food and randomly depositing it places (only eating 3/4 of each pile) is why we have mice.
    My dog does this too! It's a good thing he's cute.

So does mine! Why do they do this?!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
  • Options
    February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3
  • Options
    Just got out of the shower. 

Holy butt zits. Bleh.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"