April 2014 Moms
Options

Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

Re: Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    smushi said:

@purespark @celticlullaby Glad to know I'm not crazy... I only seem to share one of the symptoms for anxiety, but I could imagine that's what it is.  I come from a family of worry warts, and I'm sure that could manifest in a greater way due to hormones. 

@deidremaria You and I... same boat :)  

@thomas930 Thank you.  You're probably right, it's time to mention to my doctor.  In the meantime, I'm self medicating with Nutella.  That's a thing, right? 
    I'm really glad @thomas930‌ mentioned her prescription. I've been having these fears since baby was born. I cried the whole way home from the hospital because I was thinking of all the ways I'd fuck it up and hurt him. Now I know to mention it at my 6 week appointment.

• Options
    sking72sking72 member
    My hair hurts. It's been six weeks at least since its been down for more than ten minutes. I think it's going to fall out.

Also tested out size 2 diapers today because we are on the last box of ones. Apparently we should have bumped her up early, the twos fit so much better. Oh well, it will only take her like two days to go through the 70 we have left... Haha
    Why do my boobs look so good?image
    Then I peed on a stick...image
  • Options
    TwirpleTwirple member
    @aviola329 DS loves those glasses.  He is not telling me he needs a mask, pants, shirt and boots to match.  He might have to wait for Halloween.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Options
    edited May 2014
    All he does is make my days shitty. Thinking about leaving hubster for a while. I can't take his anxiety anymore. I feel like shit for feeling this way, but my daughter is more important. Right? Effing Wednesdays

Edited because I used the word can instead of can't and there's a big ass difference there.
    September Siggy Challenge: Singing in the Shower

• Options
    sking72 said:

My hair hurts. It's been six weeks at least since its been down for more than ten minutes. I think it's going to fall out.

Also tested out size 2 diapers today because we are on the last box of ones. Apparently we should have bumped her up early, the twos fit so much better. Oh well, it will only take her like two days to go through the 70 we have left... Haha

Holy shit, E is still rockin NB diapers.
  • Options

When S sleeps for more than an hour during the day I seriously get bored. I don't know what to do with myself anymore.

Same here. It's usually 30 minutes, so i race like a mad woman to get as much done as i can, on the rare occassion she naps longer, i don't know what to do.
  • Options
    @ColleenSwerb‌ A hot shower?? Hugs lady (but no touching..so air high five?) :D, I hate days like that.

@PoppySeedWindsor‌ Do whatever you feel is right. If the thought has crossed your mind, it should probably happen. Trust your gut.
  • Options
    Hello again RTT :) needless to say I've been a tad busy but I'm getting back to some form of normalcy now, so I thought I'd drop by and see how every one is. I need to hang around more to catch some glimpses of the adorable new faces!
  • Options
    I get jealous too! It's crazy if always use the nursing excuse & hover.

@PoppySeedWindsor‌ :( I'm so sorry for everything your going through. Do what's right for you & your daughter. She is number 1 right along with yourself. Your DH needs to get his shit together.
  • Options
    @PoppySeedWindsor I'm so sorry . I went through some really bad depression and anxiety last year and it took my DH telling me that if I didn't get help that he would send the kids to my parents until I was better. That was the kick in the ass that I needed to realize what and impact my issues were having on my family. Maybe if you take some time away it will open his eyes to just how bad things are. Big ((hugs))
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
       Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    deidremariadeidremaria member
    edited May 2014
    @PoppySeedWindsor‌ all the hugs for you and merri. Yes. She is more important. Do what feels right to you. Hopefully you and the baby's absence helps him to work through his anxiety and be more tolerable

Edit because iPhone changed "be more" to "before"
  • Options
    @ColleenSwerb sorry you're having a rough time. Really hope she sleeps for you tonight.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
       Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

One of the children in my class (20 months still nursing) calls his mom "Milk", I fear that this will be what DS calls me with the way he has been attached to me lately.

Maybe I'm too sensitive but my feelings would be so hurt if my kid called me milk. I'd probably find ways to bribe him into calling me mommy or momma
  • Options
    @PoppySeedWindsor‌ so sorry you're going through all this with your husband :(
    From your other posts it sounds like your MIL is very supportive. Maybe give her a call and talk things out a bit?
    YCSWU
  • Options
    P&B715 said:

Fuck this witching hour bullshit...

Amen.
  • Options
    Ugh looking for a new bigger better car. I Can't wait til we get one but dang the lookingpart is hard work!
  • Options
    sking72sking72 member

sking72 said:

Holy shit, E is still rockin NB diapers.
    We were in ones in the hospital, SO put NB on her just to get rid of our trials (like 4 diapers) and I seriously thought they were going to cut off her circulation. Our ped doesn't do a one month, so she hasn't been weighed since she was two weeks, but discharge weight was 8 lbs 2 oz and in a week she gained a whole pound! I wish I had a scale to weigh her on at home and track her growth better. Does bru sell scales? I have so many gift cards and need nothing from there!
    Why do my boobs look so good?image
    Then I peed on a stick...image
  • Options
    @PoppySeedWindsor‌ I'm so sorry you are going through this, relationship damaging anxiety is so rough, let alone with a new baby in the mix. Has your hubs ever considered anxiety meds? Thoughts and prayers for an outcome that will leave all parties in your sweet little fam healthier, and all the hugs.
  • Options
    Thats what I was gonna say about danis husband. Sounds like the sleep deprived mother. Yesterday my baby girl was sleeping and I was getting to much done in the morning. While I was making breakfast I figured I better hop in the shower real quick before she woke up. I totally left everything on the stove while I showered, luckily it was a quick shower but dang my brain!
  • Options
    @sking72‌ my doctor doesn't do a one month either, and I don't have a scale at all, so I constantly wonder about her weight as well! She is still in nb diapers, but we are almost out, so I think I'm going to see how the ones fit rather than go buy diapers again

Photobucket imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    How often are you guys hanging lo's diaper at night? Every time he/she wakes for a feeding? Or just after a certain amount of time? I hate to wake her if I can avoid it

Photobucket imageimage

• Options
    I change after feedings (he almost always fills a diaper when he eats) and sometimes before the feeding if he needs it. I won't wake him to change a diaper.
  • Options
    I used to feed her, then change her, and then feed on the other side, but now she's a one sided eater, and she usually falls asleep while eating, and I want so badly just to put her back down and go to sleep rather than change her and risk her being awake for another hour, but then I feel guilty that if she is wet, she'll be sitting in it until she gets up again. Maybe I should switch to changing her first and then feeding her?

Photobucket imageimage

• Options

I used to feed her, then change her, and then feed on the other side, but now she's a one sided eater, and she usually falls asleep while eating, and I want so badly just to put her back down and go to sleep rather than change her and risk her being awake for another hour, but then I feel guilty that if she is wet, she'll be sitting in it until she gets up again. Maybe I should switch to changing her first and then feeding her?

Changing her first will probably wake her up enough to eat well, and feeding her will probably put her back to sleep.. I say it sounds like a good plan! My little turd has a hard time going back to sleep with a full diaper, and usually stays sleepy through a change if he has a full tummy so the after bottle change is pretty non negotiable in our house. Plus he shits a million times a day so his little tush is quite unhappy already, we hate to let him sleep in a full diaper if we can help it.
  • Options
    Why does LO sleep sound in the day and as soon as night hits he is grunting and screaming with gas..
    Serious question of anyone has insight
    September Siggy Challenge: What I Sing in the Shower: Little Mermaid "Part Of That World"image

• Options
    P&B715 said:

Fuck this witching hour bullshit...

Yuppppppp

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
    April 14 August Siggy Challenge- "This time last year.."
  • Options
    mamrotu73 said:

Anyone have any experience with milk sharing? Maybe this deserves it's own thread but I don't want a debate. I have been thinking of it as an alternative to formula.

New thread!
    I asked about donating in the breastfeeding thread and got no responses.

Randomly related thought: My mom informed me when she visited that our neighbor breastfeed me and my siblings when she babysat and my mom did the same for her kids (each family has the same number of kids at the same ages). She was just like "Mary was your wetnurse."
    I cannot imagine! How crazy! My friends mom and twin sister nursed each other's kids... I just couldn't imagine having someone else nurse my baby... Yet I think I would nurse someone else's. I also am interested in donating breast milk if my supply doesn't settle down! You should start a new thread... The breastfeeding and pumping threads are so long and overwhelming.

May the Fourth Be With You: Our 5-4-14 Baby: Andrew Joseph
  • Options
    I should be asleep right now!!!! The baby went down at 9:45. Got up about an hour and a half later and was back down twenty minutes later. He's still asleep and I'm wide awake. It's gonna be just my luck that as soon as I fall asleep he wakes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"