April 2014 Moms
Options

Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

Re: Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

• Options

I've literally jumped out of an airplane but am terrified to make a 3 hour round-trip solo to my dad's tomorrow with LO.

He and his wife aren't particularly 'good' with babies, so I'll be there all day fending for myself with fussy-pants. Mind you I do this at home all the time, but for some reason this is giving me massive amounts of anxiety. I think maybe it's the long drive? Which is stupid too because he usually just sleeps.

I'm pretty much forcing myself to do it and just get over it already. I can't live in a bubble!

I'm with you Dani. Not the same sitch at all, but I'm simultaneously hating living in a bubble and nowhere near ready to break out of it.
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have the noisiest sleeping baby. Who knew she could make this much noise sleeping on my chest.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Stace0616 said:

OMG producing milk has kept my appetite and cravings at pregnancy level. All of the sugars! I can't even take a 5hr nap without waking up with a gnawing feeling in my stomach. So much for that post-partum weight loss.

I have given up on PP weight loss. Seems like all the weight I loss right after delivery is all the weight I will lose.
  • Options
    OMG, Irish, I need that book! XD

A14 Siggy Challenge (November): Favorite Fall Smell
  • Options
    B is working on 6 hours of sleep but I'm awake because I needed to pump and I keep checking on her. 6 hours? WTH?
  • Options
    Tferr02Tferr02 member
    @KatieGummow‌ FX everything is ok! My DS1 was born with a small head and by 2 month check up it was off the charts huge. We had to see neurologists and get cat scans, but he is 2 now and just has a crazy massive head. Everything has been fine, we still have to go once a year to make sure, but he is doing great. Hopefully it is the same with your Patrick!
  • Options
    @Tferr02‌ thank you for sharing that with me! It makes me feel much better.

@aviola329‌ thank you :)
    image    image    image    image

• Options
    Well sleep is not happening for this mama. LO woke up around 1:40 to eat, and then would not go back to sleep. She drifted off a little, but every time I put her down, she would wake up screaming within 10 minutes. She is now sound asleep on my chest, but I don't dare attempt to put her down again. Maybe I'll try in like 10-15 minutes, but I'm not holding my breath. At least there is coffee!

Photobucket imageimage

• Options
    Thanks for the love and support from everyone. Last night was rough. Merri decided to hate sleep and be awake from 2 until...uh, just now. Nap time for me? Not even close. I have four interviews to conduct. Also trying to make an appointment with my doc to discuss my own anxiety and depression. Last night was just seriously the worst. Went to deep dark places in my head and I'm afraid I'm just not strong enough for all of this shit. Talked to hubster's mom and she offered a place for me to stay. I mentioned that to hubster though and he lost it. At least I can bury my very tired self into work and being a mom today.

Makes me wonder, what about me? (And does doing so make me selfish?)
    September Siggy Challenge: Singing in the Shower

• Options
    My DH is driving me nuts. Yesterday I was in hell with growth spurt stuff. Spent the whole day on the couch. Texted DH to bring home dinner, which he did. Of course, when he gets home from work, LO is sleeping soundly for the first time all day. He decides to go play in a soccer game, then went out drinking with the guys afterwards (he never told me this, just didn't show up at home for hours). The icing was that he posted something on fb about how great his life is and how he's lucky to be surrounded by such wonderful people.

I took this all way too personally, and I'm resentful as hell. How lovely for him that he gets to leave a screaming baby for hours on end, after a full day of work!!! You know who would like to leave the baby for a fucking hour? I WOULD. And you get to surround yourself with friends and go out drinking for 4 hours? I hate you!

This has been brewing for a while and I need to wait till I can have a rational conversation about it before I bring it up. I feel like he's being selfish and acting like a single guy, and that he needs to do a better job of supporting me. Solidarity in the trenches. I feel like I'm doing it all alone, and it's exhausting. We're in this together, but it doesn't feel like it.

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Options
    @PoppySeedWindsor‌ I'm so sorry you're going through this. I wish you had some support where you are. Hugs!

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Options
    Starting to worry about Luke. 2 months old and only 10lbs 3 oz. he was 5 10 at birth. I just feel like he's such a little dude and so many of your babies are passing him in weight and they are weeks younger than he is. I feel like my BM is bad or something and not doing it's job even though there is plenty of it.

His ped doesn't seemed concerned but I feel like a bad mom.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    for the mommies with the anxiety: you will feel so much better after discussing it with your dr. together you can discuss which type of treatment would be best for you and your family. whether it is medication, therapy, time-outs, or none of the above it is a step in the right direction.

::short backstory::
    i have had issues with depression for almost 20 years. knowing how much better i felt and did overall while on medication and after having a long crying conversation with both my BF & dr, it prompted me to start taking zoloft in december. i was trying to prevent the PPD i knew that would hit and to help the depression that took over me at that time from anxiety & stress. it ended up being the right decision for me and i'm still on it now. 

so my hope is that whatever path of treatment you end up with helps both you and your family. you can't live with the constant fear, anxiety & stress, it's really not good for you. an overall happier mommy is what is best for our babies. please take the steps needed to be those happy mommies!
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    @ColleenSwerb‌ - i didn't realize you were in baltimore til i read the birth certificate thread!! so am i :)
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    The Swerb house is a mess tonight. DH is now frustrated because DD won't stay asleep no matter what, but she won't eat either. It's gonna be a long night. I have a feeling DD is only going to sleep ON me tonight.
    Emma did the EXACT same thing at 3 weeks. Hope the night wasn't too horrible.
  • Options
    @Mamamonzo my DD was and still is little. She has never been above the 20th% for weight and at almost 5 years old is only 35 lbs. She's just made to be little. DS1 is 2 and only 25lbs, he's on the small side too. 

Not sure what Logan fed on because he is huge compared to what his bro and sis were at 1 month = /:)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
  • Options
    Sorry not reading the 500+ posts I have missed....I don't know how you ladies have time to post, I hardly have time to breath most days! 

@michaelad3 our hospital only gives out size one...even for premies, they just fold them down, so I definitely wouldn't bother buying more newborn size. 
    Millions of feeding sessions = mobile bump time. 
  • Options
    Thanks ladies <33

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    How often are you guys hanging lo's diaper at night? Every time he/she wakes for a feeding? Or just after a certain amount of time? I hate to wake her if I can avoid it
    Whenever she wakes up. 
  • Options
    @smushi can I TP your DH for that comment? Please don't listen to him and if you have any thought that you might be dealing with a PP mood disorder, talk to your doctor. I waited way to long to get help and I regret what I put my family through over the last 4 years.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
  • Options
    Trouble in paradise. Starting at 10pm last night someone started screaming and would not stop. He nursed every hour (screaming if he unlatched), was in his swing, vibrating chair, nothing helped...2 hrs of sleep later...he woke up screaming again (instead of his sweet little grumbles) to eat. I call growth spurt and dammmmn they are brutal. That high pitched screaming can make someone lose their mind. He finally is a little relaxed with my mom and I am going to hide in the shower...

May the Fourth Be With You: Our 5-4-14 Baby: Andrew Joseph
  • Options
    @PoppySeedWindsor‌ I don't have much to say that other ladies haven't already said but I hope things get better for you. My DH is bipolar and for the first year of our marriage we really struggled. I can't imagine going through it with a newborn. You're a strong woman and Merri is lucky to have you for a mother!
  • Options
    Craft question: I made salt dough and did hand prints. It said to bake 3 hours at 100 my oven only goes down to 170 so I did that for 3 hours. The dough is still soft. Does it take a few days to fully harden up or did I do something wrong!?

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    snmetz7snmetz7 member
    @mamamonzo our kids are the same age (adjusted) and A is 10.8 lbs today (I just weighed her just for you) so sounds like like is perfect. :)
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    BFP#2 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14 Birthday : 4/10/14 Adalyn Nanette :)
    BFP#1 6/29/12 LTMC 10/20/12 (20 weeks) induced delivery 10/22/12
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    honeyzoo said:
    I'm eating a big bowl of chex trail mix like cereal.. Good morning ladies! Also DS is in his swing fighting the sandman currently.
    Wait. With milk?!
    That was my first question too.
    September Siggy Challenge: Singing in the Shower

• Options
    snmetz7 said:

@mamamonzo our kids are the same age (adjusted) and A is 10.8 lbs today (I just weighed her just for you) so sounds like like is perfect. :)

Thanks mama!!

BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"