April 2014 Moms
Options

Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

Re: Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

• Options
    i hate the zillow commercial when the iPhone goes off, i always check my phone thinking it was mine. nope.
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

At what point is it ok to let them sleep on their tummy? Ever? Fussy butt finally took a good nap but it was on her tummy with me laying next to her. I know that's dangerous but she slept so good!

When they can roll over on their own.
  • Options
    I totally agree that cheating isn't so black and whit but she JUST had a baby. I think that's what would make me hate him so much. I've forgiven my ex for cheating on me and took him back the first time but if it was anything like this woman's situation I'd leave the first timw
  • Options

I totally agree that cheating isn't so black and whit but she JUST had a baby. I think that's what would make me hate him so much. I've forgiven my ex for cheating on me and took him back the first time but if it was anything like this woman's situation I'd leave the first timw

It's the bit where he hid the woman's contact info under a different name on his phone that gets me. His reaction to getting caught wasn't a come to Jesus moment, it was to get sneakier.
    I hope it works out for her and her family, but that gives me a bad, bad feeling.
    EXACTLY!!!! He's not even trying to make things right. He's just trying harder to fucking cheat.
  • Options
  • Options
    Today I had my follow up with the surgeon who did my gallbladder surgery. I will be out of work until next Thursday. I am so happy that I get one more week! I need some advice about LO's sleeping arrangement at the sitter's house. Currently she keeps 3 year old twins and when they nap they just sleep in her daughter's bed. At home LO sleeps on me or on the couch during the day and in his rnp at night. He never sleeps in his crib or pnp. I will talk to her about it but I am not sure what to do about him sleeping there. I can take a pnp or rnp but I doubt he would use it since he doesn't here. What would you take for your LO to sleep in?? I have one week to try to get LO to nap in something other than my arms or on his stomach on my couch. Help me ladies?
    I would send the RNP, if someone else puts him down, he will probably sleep in it just fine. 
  • Options
    Tferr02Tferr02 member
    edited May 2014
    @mamrotu73‌ he said that same social outcast thing today too, which I understand. It's just hard not to be jealous and cranky when I'm so sleep deprived. He is always the DD though, he's a strange military guy and doesn't drink at all. So I luckily don't have to worry about that expense!

ETA: if you get Italy, I'll be so jealous! That's our dream spot, but DH doesn't think it will ever happen because I'm EFMP and have crazy medical problems.
  • Options
    So I was feeding B and walking around the house. I reached across the counter and ebded up aqueezing her poor foot into the edge. She screamed bloody murder an now there's a lump/ bruise but she doesn't seem bothered by it when i touch it. I feel awful because I'm convinced something is damaged. I need to relax don't I?
  • Options
    smushismushi member
    @Madbloom I need to figure out how to talk someone at our local theatres into setting this up!

LO and I spent about 30 minutes this morning laughing and smiling together.  Wish I could have taken video.  With the last 48 hours of nonstop fussies, I really needed it.

In total today, I've 'watched' Ratatouille, Brave, and I'm finishing up Love Actually, and not done much else besides keep the LO alive :)
  • Options
    aviola329 said:

MadBloom said:

@P&B715 @smushi‌ the movie thing was awesome. They dimmed the lights halfway so you could easily see things in your bag. Volume was adjusted so it wasn't too loud for LOs ears. They had a changing table at the back and free diapers and wipes! Movie ticket was even discounted! I was pretty impressed!

Seriously i want our local theaters to do this!!! So awesome!
    Look into it!! The bigger chain in the city has, "stars and strollers" which is basically the same thing. Your local theatres might have something like it.
    YCSWU
  • Options
    In other news, just got spit up on so I changed.... 5 minutes later I get spit up on again. Lol oh motherhood!
    YCSWU
  • Options
    soo little dude was screaming and wouldn't settle down. well he puked all over us and now he seems to be feeling better. he got stripped down and is laying naked & sweaty on a foul smelling mommy. i know it is bath night but he didn't need to do that to make sure he got one. soo glamorous :|
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    Won't he over eat from comfort nursing. I get the feeling he comfort nurses a lot.
  • Options

I want some mashed potatoes so bad tonight. LO wants to be held and doesn't want me to cook. I managed to get some Velveeta Shells cooking. I'm getting a major headache tonight, no fun.

95% of me doesn't want to go back to work and 5% of me is excited. I'm ready to settle into our new normal. Anyone else want to go back even a tiny bit?

I do. I want adult interaction again. I want to feel like myself for a little bit and not just a milk machine. If she was sleeping longer at night I would go back at 8 weeks.
  • Options

I want some mashed potatoes so bad tonight. LO wants to be held and doesn't want me to cook. I managed to get some Velveeta Shells cooking. I'm getting a major headache tonight, no fun.

95% of me doesn't want to go back to work and 5% of me is excited. I'm ready to settle into our new normal. Anyone else want to go back even a tiny bit?

I miss my coworkers and I love my job but I really don't want to go back. I keep reminding myself how much I loved it in the hopes of convincing myself I want to go back but it isn't working.
  • Options

Anyone else want to go back even a tiny bit?

Yes. With my first I didn't at all, but with this one I'm not dreading it. We already have a trusted childcare person, which helps a ton. And DS is difficult, so I'm looking forward to having a break!

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Options
    I started my job today (working from home as a journalist) and had a total breakdown by 3 pm after I couldn't get to Merri, who was bawling her eyes out, because I was on a call. 

Damn it. 
    September Siggy Challenge: Singing in the Shower

• Options
    honeyzoo said:

Won't he over eat from comfort nursing. I get the feeling he comfort nurses a lot.

I'm no expert, but I don't hear a ton of swallowing when L comfort nurses. I also use a shield and there is little/milk in it when he does. I think it's mostly just sucking and being close to you.
    That's good to know. I actually felt super flattered the first time I realized he was comfort nursing. Is that weird? I love that he seeks comfort from me.
  • Options

Unless you have a really "easy" breast/let down, comfort sucking isn't strong enough to get much milk out at all. And they figure out how to not get milk, so they don't overeat, if that makes sense.

It makes plenty sense because I kinda figured it was something like that. I do have a somewhat fast let down but that's usually when he's actually eating.
  • Options
    @Vinny424‌ incredible pic!

May the Fourth Be With You: Our 5-4-14 Baby: Andrew Joseph
  • Options

I started my job today (working from home as a journalist) and had a total breakdown by 3 pm after I couldn't get to Merri, who was bawling her eyes out, because I was on a call. 

Damn it. 
    I work from home and will in a few weeks with S at home. If he starts crying I think I'll just ask the person if I can call them back. But that's something I can do with no issues. Would you be able to do that?
    Normally I think so. I was on hold and trying to schedule an interview. Client was checking his calendar so I couldn't hang up that time. Good luck to you! What type of work do you do?
    September Siggy Challenge: Singing in the Shower

• Options
    sking72sking72 member
    On working: I was so happy to get away for six hours and just have my arms free. I was nervous leaving her with dad for the first time, but I think it's extra easy on me because I'm literally about 400 meters from my house and if anything were to happen I know I could leave
    Why do my boobs look so good?image
    Then I peed on a stick...image
  • Options
    snmetz7snmetz7 member
    @Emily041285‌ thanks! You're the first person to say that but I love that you see me in her :D

@p&b715 we have the whole nemo set! Bath towels, wash cloths, tub... I get a little OCD sometimes lol. Good thing you got out of the way in time haha.
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    BFP#2 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14 Birthday : 4/10/14 Adalyn Nanette :)
    BFP#1 6/29/12 LTMC 10/20/12 (20 weeks) induced delivery 10/22/12
    Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"