August 2022 Moms

Introductions

Re: Introductions

• @jenkm1110 I’m a runner from Cape Cod too! Hi! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Hello and welcome to the August 2022 BMB!

Introduce yourself: Hi my name is Katie McCracken. 

Due date? August 26th based on the calculator

I found out early because we have been trying so no cute story there. 

I am a stay at home mom of a 3 year old boy named Blake. He is my world, I can't believe it's possible to love someone so much. I am currently going to school online to be a mental health counselor. My husband is a 4th grade math and science teacher.

How are you feeling? I am currently 5 weeks 4 days. I've been a little queazy and my boobs are very sensitive. My first ultrasound is next Tuesday and my anxiety is really high because we had a loss in July. They won't let my husband come and I'm so anxious about there not being a heartbeat and I'll be alone. 

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what your super power would be? I would love to be able to fly.
  • @Katek819 Welcome! I recognize your name from my also short time with March22, and I’m so glad to see you here! 
  • @zzz2022 I am so jealous! Greece sounds like a dream right now. What a life! <3

@Katek819 I totally understand loving your kid so much it feels impossible. I had one kid for 5 years before having our second and that time together was so special. It was hard to imagine our dynamic changing with another baby around. But it's true what they say, your heart expands. Didn't know how that could be possible. I love them both so much it feels like my heart is going to explode sometimes. 
  • @maggiemadeit what a small world! Hello hello!
  • @daffodil_shoe @malloryfrommn I freaked out when I saw your usernames!!!! I’m jumping on the September board!!! HI!!! <3
  • @foreveronyourside hey girl! Congrats on your September babe!
  • Introduce yourself: Hi! I’m Ashley Simek. Living in fort myers, florida.

Due date? August 4th 2022

How did you find out? IVF!

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) first baby, tried for almost 3 years and had successful first embryo transfer. Have a dog, a puggle named Chloe who is our baby girl.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) first appointment was good! Measuring good and heartbeat was 123. I’m so so so anxious and nervous. Next appointment is Thursday so once that one goes good I think I’ll feel more relaxed. Have no major symptoms!

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what your super power would be? Would love to have the ability to talk to my dog hahahah
  • @knottie7a75d92b22f5d75c you should follow
     https://instagram.com/whataboutbunny?utm_medium=copy_link

On insta! This lady local to me has figured out a way to communicate with her dogs. It's pretty fun to watch! Congrats on the successful IVF! 
  • @wigglyicecream I have to have a planned c-section in July too! Because of my classical c-section I had with my 23 weeker, can't go past 36/37 weeks. 
  • @starkette I have to have a planned C section bc ***TW.  of my ectopic that ruptured.end TW ****They had to take a chunk out of my uterus and my OB said depending on the size will determine if I can go to 37 or possibly 38/39 weeks. 
  • Introduce yourself: Hi Everyone! My name is Priscilla, this is my second time on Baby Bump app and hoping for success. Just trying to think positive thoughts. I’m originally from NY, but moved to Nebraska a little over a year ago. It’s a very big change and just trying to build a solid community of friends. 

Due date? 8/4 

How did you find out? I had a feeling I was pregnant again so I took a test and it was positive. 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)
    This will be my first child. I’m currently working for a software company based out of Columbus Ohio and I am completely remote. I live with my partner on a small acreage with our dog. 

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) I’m doing well emotionally, however I’m suffering from waves of morning sickness all day and night and feel exhausted this week. All I want to do is sleep and rest. It’s been a real struggle to find motivation to so my work unfortunately. All I want to do is rest in bed. Haha. 

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what your super power would be? I’d like to be able to possess a super power to heal people,
    animals and plants around the world. 

• @wigglyicecream oh wow, that sounds really rough to go through. Hope everything goes well this time. I understand the anxiety that comes with a previous pregnancy not going as planned.
  • knottieb24bb80ece6957e9 welcome fellow Ohian! I live in the Dayton area! 
  • @daffodil_shoe congrats on your surrogacy, what a beautiful gift!! 
  • Hi Meagan! I had to say hi because we spell our name the same (which I never see!) and we have the same due date! Best of luck this pregnancy! 
  • Hi Meagan! That’s really cool that we have the same name and spelling AND due date! Best wishes on your pregnancy! :) I still need to catch up with intros, but I was curious where you are from? 
  • Introduce yourself: Hello from SC!

Due date? Aug 13

How did you find out? Husband and I decided to make a baby. Within a few days I was fairly sure we were successful, but I waited a couple of weeks to take a test. My intuition was validated.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I was a speech pathologist in a nursing home until covid and my last pregnancy happened. Now I chase my 1-year-old toddler around and teach yoga. I also love to hike and I do a lot of gardening.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) I’ve processed a lot since finding out. At this point I’m excited for what’s to come. Also intermittently nauseous. I have a call scheduled with a midwife to see if we’re a good fit for one another. I go the home birth route and when I had my daughter the midwife didn’t come, so I want to be sure I hire someone I can trust.

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what your super power would be? The power to diffuse anger.
  • @cas060 Hey, friend!  👋🏻 
  • @lovey122 my H thought I was handing him a Covid test as well 🤣
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• edited January 2022
    @calliecraigen I’m a kindergarten teacher as well! I’m trying to stay energized enough and it is not working! Hopefully that isn’t your case. 
  • Hi to all our new moms! We know the bump can be intimidating and we are all excited to get to know you all! 
  • @csardaszz, what do you mean the midwife didn't show up?!  What happened? 😳
  • @goldenmk89 Hello from Cape Cod! Nice to have another Massachusetts Mama joining the group! 👋🏼
  • Introduce yourself: Hello! This will be my first baby. My husband and I got married in 2020 though we were together for a decade prior! I'm 32 yo.

Due date? Based off last period-Aug 17

How did you find out? We were trying and the day before my missed period I has tingling/zinging sensations in my boobs so I jumped out of bed to take a test. 😬

Tell us about yourself. I love to be outdoors! Hiking, skiing, snowmachining, gardening, long walks. Also my lab is my best friend! 

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) Excited and super scared. We planned on trying last April and I got pregnant a month ahead I had a missed MC in May. Baby measured 8 weeks 1 day when I was 8 weeks 3 days. So quite traumatic and confusing to see a baby as I expected but without a heart beat. I then had back to back chemical pregnancies this fall. Underwent all the testing, full karyotype for me and husband, tested for lupus, hormones and all came back normal.  My OB said to chalk it up to bad luck. So I'm trying to be optimistic but trying not to be too hopeful. Symptoms have been mild. Just really hungry and major gag reflex currently.

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what your super power would be? Definitely to be able to communicate with animals!