September 2016 Moms
Options

Randoms Thread: March Edition!

Re: Randoms Thread: March Edition!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just got caught up on the fb group post drama... didn't even catch it at first that it was for a "friend" just so weird...

@runningisrad I would have totally done the same thing... just bail! I'm glad your hubby got them and you didn't spend the whole night wondering if they were still in the house!
    Me:35, DH 37  ~ Married July 2014
    ttc July 2015 ~ bfp Nov 2015 (cp)
    bfp Dec 2015 ~ (tfmr 17wk, March 2016, genetic disease)
    ttcal May 2016
  • Options
    I have no bump. All blump. I spent forever with just blump with my daughter. I was hoping this pregnancy would be different but not looking promising. 
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I just cried watching Jillian Michaels propose to her partner and my sister was over and totally busted me. I don't even really care for Jillian, but I somehow got sucked into her reality show.

Reality shows are definitely my guilty pleasure. I can't tell you how excited I was to watch the 6 month follow-up of Married at First Sight this week. 
    bfp: 09.22.10   m/c 11.05.10 @ 10w5d
    bfp: 10.02.12  m/c 11.05.12 @ 9w3d
    bfp: 05.15.15  m/c 06.25.15 @ 9w6d
    bfp: 09.22.15  m/c 10.20.15 @ 8w1d

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    @blondie080300 way to go on that run! I had a day this week were I did laundry and cleaned the whole house. It felt like a fog had been lifted! I hope the whole second trimester is like that. 
    Married 6-1-13
    Sebastian 3-11-14
    Simon 5-2-15
    Baby #3 Due 9-29-16
  • Options
    Ladies what are you doing with your pre pregnancy clothes? Boxing them up and hoping they will fit again someday? Getting rid of them? I have a drawer of pants that are only going to last me like another week
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Options
    I'm getting anxious as I had the blood drawn for my Nifty test / NIPT on February 29 so I know that call is coming very soon! We've decided to start sharing the news once we get them - part of me is excited and the other part doesn't feel ready yet. 

I also woke up without a headache and hope desperately that it stays away! I've had one since Sunday and its so hard to concentrate and as someone else mentioned, Tylenol does nothing at all! 

It's almost Friday ladies! Hope you all have a great day  :)
  • Options
    @LizC216 omg, I was so pumped for the 6 month mafs catchup.... but it was a little disappointing right? 
    Vanessa has too many trust issues, trey maybe wasn't ready to marry.
    David just wants to be married to anyone, ashley hates life.
    Sam was too demaculinizing at the start and Neil totally disconnected (they're the only ones I've held out hope for this whole time).
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Also, please tell me you'll watch Bride and Prejudice when it starts?!?!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I envy all you ladies who have started getting energy again!  I know it's in sight but my house and I need it now!   I had a burst of it Sunday morning, but since then it's gone back to normal fatigue.   I'm ready for nesting to set in.  My house will probably sigh with relief when it does, lol.    We're having Easter brunch at our house for Easter, so thankfully, even if the energy fairy doesn't come back by then - there's a huge motivating factor for me to clean the house.
  • Options
    Still waiting on my genetic testing results and losing my mind... 3 weeks and 3 days... I'm on an emotional roller coaster, crying daily and depressed. Just getting by each day is torture. We're both dissociating ourselves from this pregnancy, and are frustrated that we haven't been able to enjoy it at all. At a complete standstill. Let's hope today is the day. 
    Thanks for listening ( end rant) 
    ttcal May 2016
  • Options
    @AmMcc12 With my first, I just left them hung up in my closet. They eventually fit again. I'll do the same this time. I don't think I'd get rid of them until I was fairly certain they were never going to get worn again.

• Options
    @AmMcc12 - I saved all of mine. Went back to work at 10 weeks post partum and was wearing my regular clothes again (some of the more flowy stuff).
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @KarenBeth714 I hope you get good results soon. What an awful feeling. Hang in there.
  • Options
    @KarenBeth714 Hope you hear soon!  Have they given you any indication for the long wait?  (Sorry if you've previously mentioned why the long wait).
  • Options
    @KarenBeth714 - So sorry, that's an extremely long time to wait, especially when each hour can feel like a whole day. I hope the results are in your favor and soon!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @KarenBeth714 I'm sorry you're going through that. I hope you get your results soon.

• Options
    AnnaS930 said:
    @LizC216 omg, I was so pumped for the 6 month mafs catchup.... but it was a little disappointing right? 
    Sam was too demaculinizing at the start and Neil totally disconnected (they're the only ones I've held out hope for this whole time).
    I agree with all of this. I really thought, maybe naively, that Sam and Neil would give it another shot. I could not stand Ashley...why did she even sign up for the show? I was reading a post online where she claims the show just portrayed her badly and she's just shy, but I don't buy it.

I'm tempted by Bride and Prejuidice. It's so easy for me to get sucked in.

• Options
    LizC216 said:
    AnnaS930 said:
    I agree with all of this. I really thought, maybe naively, that Sam and Neil would give it another shot. I could not stand Ashley...why did she even sign up for the show? I was reading a post online where she claims the show just portrayed her badly and she's just shy, but I don't buy it.

I kept thinking about Neil/Sam - just stay married! Give yourselves a shot without the cameras.. who cares if a week later you want the divorce, just try it!  And on the update it did say they're still married... I tried googling for some gossip but couldn't find anything good. Ugh.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @KarenBeth714 I hope this isn't a stupid question, but did you call to follow up? I know my genetic counselor said that if takes longer than the time frame she quoted, it doesn't automatically mean that it's bad. I really hope you get an answer. That is torture.

• Options
    @AmMcc12 I kept all mine. I just pushed them to the side of my closet.

• Options
    Thanks all... sorry for the pity party, but i appreciate your thoughts! I'm really down in the dumps and have found a support group on baby center for this type of stuff (in case anyone has a similar situation I can give you the info) 

@LakeR2014  We found out right before ttc that we are carriers for a very rare genetic disease (Pompe) that neither of us had even heard of before. We have to wait extra time, because the cvs results ( which we got at five days- all normal) have to be sent to another lab to grow in a dish and be tested further for the specific mutation that causes the gene. The counselor promised a call as soon a results are in, but they can't tell us when it will be ready, and estimated no more than 4 weeks. :( But originally, before ttc I was told it would only take 2 weeks after cvs to find out.. then I was told something different the day I got to the hospital. so my general message is that if your insurance covers it, get a genetic screening before just to be safe! ( my opinion - I'm glad at least that I know) 
    ttcal May 2016
  • Options
    AnnaS930 said:
    LizC216 said:
    AnnaS930 said:

I kept thinking about Neil/Sam - just stay married! Give yourselves a shot without the cameras.. who cares if a week later you want the divorce, just try it!  And on the update it did say they're still married... I tried googling for some gossip but couldn't find anything good. Ugh.
    I definitely think there's hope for those two.  Sam has come such a long way.  I was shocked that Tres and Vanessa but I think perhaps they were in such a honeymoon stage for the first 6 weeks of filming that once the cameras left and life got back to normal they realized they were too different? I don't know.  He really didn't seem interested in rekindling and you could tell she still wanted in.  I felt bad for her.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @AmMcc12 - I boxed up all of my summer clothes, since I know I won't be using those for a LONG while and I also boxed up my "snug fitting" clothes that won't likely fit immediately post-partum. I don't have a lot of closet space, so I needed to make room for my new maternity digs!

@KarenBeth714 - I hope you get your results soon! The wait sounds maddening!

• Options
    AnnaS930 said:
    LizC216 said:
    AnnaS930 said:

I definitely think there's hope for those two.  Sam has come such a long way.  I was shocked that Tres and Vanessa but I think perhaps they were in such a honeymoon stage for the first 6 weeks of filming that once the cameras left and life got back to normal they realized they were too different? I don't know.  He really didn't seem interested in rekindling and you could tell she still wanted in.  I felt bad for her.
    I told my sister that I thought they'd break up. I couldn't put my finger on it, but I just had a feeling that something wasn't right. You are probably right about the honeymoon phase. They jumped into it full force. 

I was so impressed with Sam. I kind of hated her in the beginning, but she truly changed. Is it weird that I'm talking about these people like I really know them??

Did you hear two of the experts are leaving next season? Dr. Joseph and Dr. Logan...I think.

• Options
    Ooh @diagonalley another fan! Love it!  I think Vanessa's trust issues are so severe that she's constantly expecting him to screw up - waiting for it, pushing him that way. He still came off as a bit of a playboy to me... might not want to put in the effort required to prove he'll stick around.

Also... they scan thousands of people for this show.. I don't know who watched last season but that was an even bigger trainwreck. These matchmakers.. I just don't know.  The only couple I've really liked is Courtney and Jason from season 1. Jamie and Doug just drive me insane...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @AnnaS930 I didn't see the first season. I started with the second season and seriously what a mess! Although...I did hold out some hope for Jaclyn (sp?) and Ryan.

When I was looking for gossip on this season, I came across Jaclyn's Instagram account. Her and the other two girls are like besties now and post tons of pics of them living the single life. Makes you wonder if they really wanted marriage? In one of her most recent posts, Ashley was with them and yikes did she look different. 

• Options
    @LizC216 that's awesome. I held out hope for her and Ryan as well - I actually REALLY liked them. Until the final episode when everything exploded so I googled and it basically said that they only spent a few nights together over the entire 6 weeks. Damn those tricky reality shows, cutting footage to play out the story they want you to believe!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @AmMcc12 Definitely don't get rid of them!  I was in my pre-pregnancy shirts right away after DD was born.  My pre-pregnancy pants came later...but not because they didn't fit, I just wasn't ready to give up the comfort of maternity jeans, haha!

Speaking of clothes - has anyone started wearing maternity tops yet?  I busted out the maternity pants ages ago (my regular pants were putting pressure on the blump and making me sick.)  But tops are a different story - I wear them here and there around the house but not in public yet.  Part of me wants to (so comfy and I don't have to worry about how the bump 'lays' beneath them) but also hesitates because, to me, that makes it so real!  Haha.  I don't know...there's just something about those cinched-side shirts (which I love) that screams, "If you weren't sure whether or not I was pregnant or just gaining weight, here's your definite indicator of pregnancy!"  Lol.  Tell me I'm not alone in the 'I want to wear 100% maternity clothes at only 15 weeks' camp.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    This may be silly, but it has been something that's been irritating me for a while, and I saw it again today... I hate that Bush's is trying to claim their baked beans as a veggie in a commercial. Beans are a protein, not a vegetable, and to top it off, baked beans are basically candied beans. If you want to give them to your kids, that's fine, just don't think it's the equivalent of them eating broccoli or carrots.

• Options
    @JennM205 err....I never stopped wearing the cinched t-shirts because they're so darn comfy.  For the most part I wear them around the house, but if I wear them out it's with a cardigan over so you don't see the cinched part.  I haven't broken out anything I packed up yet though.  Probably soon!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'd say beans are a protein-rich vegetable but that's probably splitting hairs.  I agree that baked beans, while a side dish, are a "healthy veggie addition" in the way candied yams or French fries are...that is to say, any benefit from the vegetable's vitamins, etc, is way overshadowed by sugar or fats!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @JennM205 I have loved maternity pants since my first pregnancy -- I wore them after birth until they wouldn't stay up. And a few tunic-y tops never left my rotation. I can't wait to clear out the getting tighter stuff and embrace all maternity clothes!  But I've been holding off onwearing them outside of the house, too, it feels a little too much like announcing my pregnancy to the world. Soon, soon all my clothes will be stretchy comfy...
  • Options
    @JennM205 I want to be in all maternity now, too. It's so comfy that I've been dying to get back into it since I switched back to regular clothes after DD. My SIL gave me part of my maternity clothes back this weekend (apparently she found the rest on Monday, so I'll get those next weekend, hopefully). I put them on to go to Target yesterday then switched right back to regular. I don't know is how to explain it, but I felt like I just wasn't there yet. It'd be a different story if my regular clothes didn't fit, but they're fine for now. Granted, I'm still only 13 weeks. Maybe (hopefully) it'll be different at 15 weeks.

• Options
    I wear maternity tops on certain days because I like the length of them. Also - I wear pretty form fitting tops when not pregnant that are not allowing much stretch room at this point - or look obviously stretched which is not flattering either.  I'm not 100% convinced to wear maternity and some of my shirts from last time are way too big - but the better fitting stuff makes my body look better and when I look better I feel a lot better.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @KarenBeth714 I'm so sorry you've had to go through the wait if the initial test and now the longer one.   I'm glad you've found a support group you feel connected with and feel comfortable sharing here as well.   We're there for you no matter what happens.   Keep us updated and let us know if there's anything you need.   Will be thinking of you and hoping you get the best results soon!