September 2016 Moms
Options

Randoms Thread: March Edition!

Re: Randoms Thread: March Edition!

• Options
    I just realized Sunday is Daylight Savings Time. I hate losing an hour, and while DD does pretty well, the following week is going to suck.

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

July: Patriotic Fails

england independence day 4th of july july 4th
  • Options
    @Steephers123 - This will be my son's 2nd Daylight Savings (last time he was 3 months old) we will see how he does this time. Even for a rough week of adjusting I can't wait to have more daylight at the end of the day!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @marajay6 My LO and I have been outside today as well. It's nearly 70 here today! We got a good walk in, and she got to go outside and play with the dog. I can't wait for it to feel this way consistently. 

• Options
    @AnnaS930 that is true! I need to think positively and get over my grumbling. *repeats to self* More daylight!

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

July: Patriotic Fails

england independence day 4th of july july 4th
  • Options
    How creepy is it that some random from April tried to start a fb group for us
    Yeah, that was weird AF.
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I have to admit I never really thought about the female identity and how you see yourself or how your LO would until @JennM205 made the note today.   That being said, I'm really glad she said something.   It'll make me more aware of it going forward.   It also points out to me how some of my own insecurities probably came from my mom, as although she's one of the most caring, loving women I know, her body self-image has always been horrible.  I'm going to start working on mine and really focus on being a positive image and role model for my son/daughter.   Thanks for the heads up Jenn!
  • Options
    That FB thread reminds me of another BMB that had a Catfish. A woman who then came on posing to be her own wife. It was PAGES long of the other members calling her out and pointing out inaccuracies, etc etc. Eventually it came out that she had no kids (was using pics she stole from the internet) and was being both members of the couple. I'm telling you.. it all unrolled sometime right before or after December 14, so either in the time leading up to having my first when we were all getting impatient or right after when we needed some distraction. It. Was. THE BEST!  (and also very scary for those involved)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @runningisrad I get that, and even though my DD is much younger than yours, I feel the same way.

@AnnaS930 I'm with you on DLS. I'll take a week of adjustment with DD in order to have an hour more sunlight in the evening. Although, the time changes haven't much effected her before. I'm actually even hoping she'll go back to sleeping until 8:30 in the mornings because of it. (She's started waking up more 7:45-ish the last month.)

• Options
    @mom2adoodle - I think that's perfectly reasonable. I get the most out of The Bump by growing close to a smaller group of participants (maybe 20?). I like to follow those that I recognize and see their triumphs (or helps with struggles). I like the involvement and input of everyone else but as I've said - I joined the FB group for my entire BMB last time and ended up leaving. It had maybe 100-150 people in it and I couldn't follow, same with a local FB group I'm in - there's so many people in it I feel no connections, they're just internet strangers.

I, too, am hoping a small group stays super active and can form a private group. I don't think it's a "mean girl" action if it isn't spoken of back on The Bump - best if those not involved don't know about it/aren't talked about off of The Bump, I'm all for keeping the two separate.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @AnnaS930 I recall a Catfish on one of the 2014 boards, and thought of it, too! I don't remember details, only that it was huge and the catfish had been on the board for months. Months! I also remember either May14 or Aug14 (can't remember which, but thinking the latter) having their Mod steal a donation that had been raised for a member that had a late loss. Seriously, you never know who people really are going to turn out to be, and that is why I'm not joining some FB group willy-nilly or this early on.

• Options
    We had donations stolen on may14
  • Options
    I believe it was July 14 that had the major catfish thing go down.  I was in June 14 and remember being freaked cause it was sooo close to home.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Guys, I packed a healthy lunch and ate well all day at work - even went for a really brisk 15 minute walk for my lunch. Soon I go home to the land of all things cravings - a pantry I've stocked with chips, cookies and candy (Oh my!)  Going to try so hard to finish off today still healthy, I really need this to feel back in control! I've already texted my husband to ask for his assistance in keeping me on track tonight. Fingers crossed!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm just catching up after being on the road all day.  @JennM205 -- I agree with the others--not a mom fail at all! In fact, I think it's a mom win that you heard her, and you took note.  I think it's so easy to be so busy that we don't even notice those things.  And, I bet that as you change what you say about your body, she'll pick that up even more quickly than she did the negative stuff. Kiddos are little sponges and it's so easy to forget that.  I do more grumbling than I should and really need to start watching it or I'm sure I'm going to start hearing my LO grumble about me before long...
  • Options
    I'm also a huge Harry Potter fan and am embarrassed to admit that my husband has not even read one book. :'( it was almost a deal breaker. He's a book snob. 

I'm usually really understand but yeah that was so weird about that chick coming in from April to make a FB board. I think we can take care of ourselves mom from another board. Thanks for "taking care" of us? 

Also, I was super excited about daylight saving until I remembered how much it messes up the kids sleep schedules. Noooo!! I love having more light in the evenings though. Sigh. 

Also, the round ligament pain is active and real! I was napping a DS woke up crying so I quickly ran up to get him and doubled over in pain.
     Idk if it's because I have had 3 pregnancies in 3 years or what but my belly is so pronounced already. I keep telling my husband we have undiagnosed twins in there. The baby is the size of a prune why is does my belly appear to be housing 70 prunes. It's like the real pregnant hard belly!? I don't know what's happening ladies. Just seems crazy to be legitimately showing at 10 freaking weeks. 
    Married 6-1-13
    Sebastian 3-11-14
    Simon 5-2-15
    Baby #3 Due 9-29-16
  • Options
    Going crazy over here.  I keep thinking I'm feeling flutters, but I don't know if it's gas or the babies.  

I had a distinct feeling like a small fish flopping around on one side a couple days ago, but usually it's like a tapping/popping sensation or like a butterfly inside a glass.

This has been going on for about a week and a half, but it seems kind of early and I don't want to get excited about gas bubbles. :lol: 

Also, I have an ultrasound tomorrow and they said not to pee for an hour beforehand but didn't say I should drink extra water.  Should I?  And if I should, how much?

I'm afraid my bladder won't be full enough if I don't drink at least a little extra, but I've had bad (pain-wise) experiences with a too full bladder and abdominal ultrasounds (once before I got pregnant and once during my FET).
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Options
    MojieJo said:
    Going crazy over here.  I keep thinking I'm feeling flutters, but I don't know if it's gas or the babies.  

I had a distinct feeling like a small fish flopping around on one side a couple days ago, but usually it's like a tapping/popping sensation or like a butterfly inside a glass.

This has been going on for about a week and a half, but it seems kind of early and I don't want to get excited about gas bubbles. 
    Same here. And the more it happens, the more I'm convinced it's flutters. I had the same feelings with DS and DD. I keep looking down at my stomach when it happens and I just want to say "Kick twice it that's you that I feel in there....".

• Options
    @MojieJo -- maybe you'll get lucky and see the babies move on the us and be able to sync it with a feeling! But I think it's possible you're feeling them...

also, I always drank extra water before and u/s and then my bladder would be TOO full and I would have to go use the restroom so my uterus wasn't all squished. So, my advice would be hold it for the 30 minutes, but don't drink extra water. :)
  • Options
    camichael84camichael84 member
    edited March 2016
    @MojieJo My OB's office recommended 32 oz. But that left my bladder so full with my anatomy scan for DD that they told me to drink less for the next one. 18-24 oz would probably suffice.

@lovelylauren86 I knew it was one of those two boards. Sorry you guys went through that.

@TheTamedShrew When I was 24 weeks pregnant for DD, my SIL decided she was getting married when I was going to be 36 weeks, and I was to be a bridesmaid. We went dress shopping when I was 26 weeks along. I hated it. I looked like crap in everything, and then the sales lady said the same thing about going up 2 dress sizes. The wedding was less than 3 months away, and I kept telling her I didn't think I'd need to go that big. She insisted and put down the bigger size, and I almost cried. Another sales girl heard me telling MIL about it and changed it for me. One size up was still too big on the wedding day, and I totally felt vindicated. I did feel pretty on SIL's wedding day, though, and hope you have a good experience at the wedding you'll be in, even if dress shopping was less than stellar.

• Options
    MojieJoMojieJo member
    edited March 2016
    @UnwritteN12 I've had the same thought!  I think I might just chalk it up to flutters since that's more exciting than gas.  It's starting to feel real!

@Sporty1216 Thanks!  I think I will probably just drink my usual amount, especially since they didn't say to drink extra.

That would be awesome if I saw them kick on the u/s and felt them at the same time.  Last time I saw them wiggling around it was too early to feel them.

@camichael84 I usually drink about that much on my own, so hopefully if I don't pee for an hour it'll still be in my bladder and I won't need to drink extra.  I feel like I'm overthinking this.

• Options
    So get this, I was all set to tell my boss I am pregnant today when a colleague (who started on the same day as me) emailed our team and said that his wife is pregnant and due 9/19....that's 5 days after me! LOL. I was all "sonofabitch...!" I was planning on telling her last Friday but we ran out of time in our 1x1 so I had to schedule time to meet with her today. It was so hard keeping a straight face when everyone gushed and congratulated him and asked a bunch of questions. Don't get me wrong, he is the nicest guy and I am so happy for him, but dang it, I wanted my news to seem new and exciting ya know?

So I did still tell my boss and she was super nice and seemed happy and excited for me. This is my first and it is my colleague's second so she was sweet to say I should still do a company announcement with the Munchkins as I was planning. She asked if I wanted to share the news today but that just felt like I'd be stealing my co-worker's thunder so I said I would wait (plus I feel like his news already stole my thunder, haha). She suggested Thursday to tell the team then and to do donuts for the office on Friday. But what do you think? Is that enough time to go by so my news isn't stealing away from his news? He didn't do a company announcement and just told us via email today. I don't think he is planning on doing anything else but then again, I didn't ask since I am still keeping my news a secret. What would you do? I don't mean to sound like an AW but I just started this job at the end of June and am still trying to fit in and it sucks feeling like my colleague already has the leg up in a few other ways so that is where this is coming from. I am just trying to figure out the best way to share this exciting news now that I am ready! :)
    Married: 3/21/15
    First time mom to a human but have been a puppy mamma for over 12 years :)

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    So get this, I was all set to tell my boss I am pregnant today when a colleague (who started on the same day as me) emailed our team and said that his wife is pregnant and due 9/19....that's 5 days after me! LOL. I was all "sonofabitch...!" I was planning on telling her last Friday but we ran out of time in our 1x1 so I had to schedule time to meet with her today. It was so hard keeping a straight face when everyone gushed and congratulated him and asked a bunch of questions. Don't get me wrong, he is the nicest guy and I am so happy for him, but dang it, I wanted my news to seem new and exciting ya know?

So I did still tell my boss and she was super nice and seemed happy and excited for me. This is my first and it is my colleague's second so she was sweet to say I should still do a company announcement with the Munchkins as I was planning. She asked if I wanted to share the news today but that just felt like I'd be stealing my co-worker's thunder so I said I would wait (plus I feel like his news already stole my thunder, haha). She suggested Thursday to tell the team then and to do donuts for the office on Friday. But what do you think? Is that enough time to go by so my news isn't stealing away from his news? He didn't do a company announcement and just told us via email today. I don't think he is planning on doing anything else but then again, I didn't ask since I am still keeping my news a secret. What would you do? I don't mean to sound like an AW but I just started this job at the end of June and am still trying to fit in and it sucks feeling like my colleague already has the leg up in a few other ways so that is where this is coming from. I am just trying to figure out the best way to share this exciting news now that I am ready! :)
    I think it's super considerate of you to put so much thought into it :) I think Thursday is just fine. Plus, who doesn't like a donut with a baby announcement :)
    Wife to A; Mama to C (2009), N (2011), H (2014) & baby F due 09/16/16
  • Options
    @blondie080300 do it thursday. I'm pretty confident your male colleague announced and that's all you'll hear of it unless you ask more until the big day for them. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MojieJo I always load up my bladder. Easier to empty than fill if needed. I have had the tech say "go half empty your bladder and we will see if baby moves to a better position" ....half empty my bladder? Here we go pelvic floor... let's do this!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @AnnaS930 I've tried doing the half-empty thing and it did not work.  At all.  I wish I had the control to stop things midway but realistically, that's just not happening, even when I'm not pregnant. 

I guess maybe I'll have an extra glass or two of water and hope for the best.  I'm really hoping I'm overthinking this whole thing and it's going to be fine.  Hopefully they get me in on time and don't keep me waiting forever.  They did mention they're very busy at the office I'm going to, so I'm dreading having to hold my pee for longer than necessary.

• Options
    Anyone else dealing with sciatic nerve pain? I remember having it with my son, but not this early. Any tips or tricks for dealing with it?
  • Options
    Thanks camichael84 and @Thscary . That makes me feel better.
    Anniversary       

• Options
    @Sporty1216 Also dealing with sciatic nerve pain here. :( This has been going on for about 2 weeks. It has eased up a bit so it is not quite as painful to walk but it does zing me now and then and I can feel it when I walk (despite it not hurting so bad). Sorry I don't have tips to help but I can say that trying to twist to crack your own back to help just makes it hurt worse. #themoreyouknow :neutral: 
    Married: 3/21/15
    First time mom to a human but have been a puppy mamma for over 12 years :)

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @blondie080300 -- thanks for the heads up regarding back cracking! I won't do that! Right now it hurts so bad no matter how I stand/sit/lie. I'm hoping a good night's sleep will help?