Options

Randoms Thread: March Edition!

I guess I'll start thisss

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Anniversary       

Re: Randoms Thread: March Edition!

• Options
    So I'm trying to figure out how to get out of the house with my flu baby. We need groceries and I need to vote. DH doesn't normally get home until 6:30 and nobody wants to babysit a child with a contagious viral sickness.
    Anniversary       

• Options
    So I'm trying to figure out how to get out of the house with my flu baby. We need groceries and I need to vote. DH doesn't normally get home until 6:30 and nobody wants to babysit a child with a contagious viral sickness.
    Is patient zero small enough to wear?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't worn her since she was 16 months old. She's 2.5 and about 32 lbs now. Maybe I could try it with the Ergo? That's the only carrier I have right now.
    Anniversary       

• Options
    Give the Ergo a try for sure. My little man is only 1 and about 23-24 pounds but I've used it recently and was comfortable!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't worn her since she was 16 months old. She's 2.5 and about 32 lbs now. Maybe I could try it with the Ergo? That's the only carrier I have right now.
    If you can manage a back carry that may work best
  • Options
    HAHAHA! @TheTamedShrew let the notification brigade begin!  And thanks for starting the thread. :)
  • Options
    @TheTamedShrew that would drive me insane - I mean I only get notifications online but I'd just ignore them all and miss shout outs from other tags.  Also, any excuse for a Jim Halpert gif and I'm in!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    AnnaS930 said:
    I have a left over gift card to Panera. I'm having tomato soup and a caesar salad for lunch. They used pasteurized eggs in their dressing - so I'm ordering extra dressing. Booyeah.

Side eye me all you want other pregnant chick in my office.. i'm picking up some soup for you and welcome your judgement.
    I love their Caesar salad sandwich. I've had it at least 4 times since BFP.
    Anniversary       

• Options
    PSUBecky23PSUBecky23 member
    edited March 2016
    @thetamedshrew I still wear my daughter in the Ergo when she lets me. She doesn't weigh as much as your daughter but she's pretty tall (38ish inches) and fits well.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @TheTamedShrew - you can edit your settings so that you don't get notifications from those who comment on a thread you started, but still get notifications from those who tag you...

• Options

Finding out baby's sex tonight and I am so excited!!! We did early genetic testing and got the results back last week (all clear!) but we wanted to find out the sex together. I went to OB over lunch and got our test results in an envelope and stopped by my fave bakery. I thought I could just have them pick out something blue or pink that was pre-made, but they ran in the back and decorated some cupcakes for us. So incredibly sweet of them to do this on the fly, and I can't wait to open the box. It's in my car in the work parking garage...so tempting...

Ahhh! The suspense! That is so exciting. You have more patience than I do!
    Wife to A; Mama to C (2009), N (2011), H (2014) & baby F due 09/16/16
  • Options
    @nativetexan512 - Yay!! So exciting! That's was definitely awesome for them to do that. Hope those cupcakes are amazing too! :) 

I've been craving fruit lately. Grapes (seedless, red globe grapes!), cantaloupe and now navel oranges!! One night my dinner was two huge navel oranges and I couldn't have been happier! The only problem is that all that fruit is wreaking havoc on my blood sugar. :( My insulin requirements are going to be constantly changing anyway since I'm pregnant but my fruit craving is not helping! 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    @nativetexan512 We are finding out the sex sometime this week!! Today the genetic counselor called and I almost had a heart attack but she didn't have results just a random question. Grrrr. 
  • Options
    AnnaS930AnnaS930 member
    edited March 2016
    @LakeR2014 and @Themaritimemama - carrying over your comments from February thread. I haven't read the book but I try to read whatever books are being made into movies.  This past year I read Room, The Martian, The Fifth Wave (among others). I'll have to check out Me Before You was it?  I'll go hunt down the preview, then search for the book! Thanks for the recommendation!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Themaritimemama I've kind of shocked myself that I haven't peeked yet. I normally have zero willpower about surprises.

AnnaS930 thank you! I know, I was just touched by how excited they were and eager to help. I'll def post a photo.

UnwritteN12 let's be honest, I am probably just as excited to find out the sex as I am to eat cupcakes right now. :)

mom2adoodle my results took 7 business days - I thought that was a long time. Hope you find out soon!!

• Options
    UMMM... HELLO!?!?! That movies looks great!  Daenerys in a growing love with Finnick and some random role, maybe a father figure of Mr. Bates!??  (hope people follow my really random actress/actor references here).

That looks great. I will hunt for the book.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Tuesday FFC: I am very sad for my little girl having to battle the flu, but I have to admit that having an excuse to sit around watching Disney movies all day instead of housework and grocery shopping makes for an ideal rainy Tuesday. 

We practiced a back carry in the Ergo after all the recommendations and I was having a really hard time getting all the straps adjusted for her weight + my growing bump. She also lost patience with the whole ordeal pretty quickly. Guess I'm gonna have to make a mad dash to the store and the voting booth when DH gets home. 
    Anniversary       

• Options
    Two things: 
    1. Confession: I was worried that hearing everyone else find out the sex would make me cave since this is my first attempt being team green. Instead, I have some kind of smug pride about doing the NIPT and not finding out the sex this time around which is ridiculous because I *loved* being team pink the first two times.  I'm living vicariously through those of you finding out in the next few months.
    2. Super Tuesday thoughts: I live in PA. Why don't I get to vote until April 26th? Is PA not as important as Iowa? I don't get it.  I'm not well versed in political science.  I plan to ask my husband when he comes home tonight, but maybe you ladies can fill me in.  
    DD1 6.2011 
    DD2 4.2013 - vbac
    DS1 9.2016 - vbac, team green
    Baby #4 due 9.2018
  • Options
    Tuesday FFC: I am very sad for my little girl having to battle the flu, but I have to admit that having an excuse to sit around watching Disney movies all day instead of housework and grocery shopping makes for an ideal rainy Tuesday. 
    Poor kiddo. Disney movies, lots of snuggles and rest are all good outcomes of having a sick munchkin. I hope she feels better soon though!

• Options
    @nativetexan512 That's so fun! I'm not big on big gender reveal parties, but I've always loved the idea of having the sex written down for later so that it's just the expecting parents together when they find out. Can't wait to see the photo of the cupcakes!

• Options
    camichael84camichael84 member
    edited March 2016
    @AnnaS930 You had me at Daenerys and Finnick. I'm hunting up the preview now.

• Options
    @AnnaS930 @camichael84 I didn't want to spoil the surprise when you saw the preview and say BTW Finnick is in it and he looks HOT! But yea, he's there and so gorgeous!   When i saw the preview I told me husband we were going to see it, thankfully my best friend piped up afterwards and said she wanted to.   I definitely would not be able to hold my drooling during 'You Before Me', so very happy only my BFF has to witness it. :)
  • Options

camichael84 Right there with you, don't want a big party but we did want to do it together.

Ok Me Before You - has anyone read the book?? I have sooo much to say but I won't spoil. There's also a sequel I believe.

• Options
    For the Me Before You crowd: just be prepared for a LOT of crying.  I'm not sure I could handle it with pregnancy hormones!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Now I want a cupcake.

Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Jabreen - Oy!  That's what I'm worried about!  I really want to see it have a happy ending but totally think it's not and I will lose it.   I'll still read/see it though...I mean the guy in the movie is just too hot and he'll now be who I picture in the role when reading it.
  • Options
    @crispy11 I'm the opposite. I was also team pink with my first two. I was so proud of getting my genetic screen results and not asking about the sex. Now every time someone finds out, I feel like I am missing out and need to know. It's definitely getting a little tougher to resist finding out now that others are finding out. I'll need to focus on something else.
    bfp: 09.22.10   m/c 11.05.10 @ 10w5d
    bfp: 10.02.12  m/c 11.05.12 @ 9w3d
    bfp: 05.15.15  m/c 06.25.15 @ 9w6d
    bfp: 09.22.15  m/c 10.20.15 @ 8w1d

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    @AmMcc12  I got my bellaband last week and love it!!! I'm still pretty slow re-adjusting it after a restroom break but getting faster.  I don't know if it's a FTM thing but I just cannot bring myself to shop in the maternity section yet.  I only have one more pair of pants I can button without pain. I think I have enough shirts to last a month or two, I hope...
  • Options
    @nativetexan512 oh my! That sounds wonderful! I would love to do something like that... we're finding out at our anatomy scan but now you've got me thinking. It sounds so nice to be able to share that private exciting moment with DH  <3
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I'm with you @jhems776 - I just cannot bring myself to get into maternity clothes yet! I bought a new pair of pants over the weekend - not quite maternity, just a size up from what I normally wear and considerably more "stretchy." I think a bella band is next!
  • Options
    @AmMcc12 - Biggest benefit of being due in December last time was wearing stretchy jeans at Thanksgiving and not being judged. A-MAAAAA-ZING. Although I was a good 38+ weeks and felt half full before even taking a bite of food.. damn you baby.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @crispy11 I feel you. Pa girl here too and I feel like by the time we vote the nominee is chosen already. Wtf?
  • Options
    @crispy11 I'm in Maine - we're late on the voting too.  I know some of the pull for my neighbor, New Hampshire, to vote early is they've always said that it's a state where politicians really have to be on the ground meeting voters in order to do well. That bodes well for early in the campaign.  Unfortunately this year Trump was in and out of there and never spent a night in the state, and even my man Bernie didn't spend much time in NH (disappointing).  So they might lose some of that argument, but they'll fight to stay early for voting because it sets them apart.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    LizC216 said:
    @crispy11 I'm the opposite. I was also team pink with my first two. I was so proud of getting my genetic screen results and not asking about the sex. Now every time someone finds out, I feel like I am missing out and need to know. It's definitely getting a little tougher to resist finding out now that others are finding out. I'll need to focus on something else.

Eek! I hope this doesn't happen to me next week. I just got the results yesterday. We're so similar. Concentrate on it being a win either way. 3 girls? Awesome!  Two girls and a boy? Awesome! 
    DD1 6.2011 
    DD2 4.2013 - vbac
    DS1 9.2016 - vbac, team green
    Baby #4 due 9.2018