September 2016 Moms
Options

Randoms Thread: March Edition!

1293031323335»

Re: Randoms Thread: March Edition!

• Options
    @AmMcc12 oh no! That doesn't sound fun.

My youngest kicked off April Fools day by throwing up. I might have to get my husband to stay home with her because this is literally a day I cannot miss. Sigh.
    Wife to A; Mama to C (2009), N (2011), H (2014) & baby F due 09/16/16
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Morning everyone!
    Congrats on the couple of you who made it to the gym, I'm finishing up my legs/arms challenges I did for March today (I got off by a day and was having major round ligament pain last night with my jump squats and realized that a day late is something I can still be proud of).

I absolutely hate April Fool's Day.. I've just always felt like the joke is on me and that's my worst fear. Hoping to make it through today unscathed.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just snuck into our bathroom at work while it was still closed for cleaning. Was fully prepared to use the "I'm pregnant, can't wait" excuse but nobody was in there. Whew!
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @AnnaS930 -- I'm with you! I HATE April fools day. And my son barely missed being born on it. I was in labor all day with him on 4/1 and my husband just kept telling me we had to wait until after midnight. Haha. Not the thing a pregnant lady in labor wants to hear, but in the end we had to do an unplanned c-section, so making it to 4/2 was no problem. ;)
  • Options
    @AmMcc12 oh no! Sorry about your eye!  And what do you do with foster parents? 
    ***********************************************************************************************
    #1 born 8/21/14, #2 & 3 (identical) due 9/27/16

• Options
    I've never pulled a prank.  I won't do it but I think it would be funny if I posted on H's fb "Hey honey, we need to talk, I'm pregnant!"  We already announced on fb so I think only I would think it's funny. 
  • Options
    PSUBecky23PSUBecky23 member
    edited April 2016
    Anxiously awaiting all the fake pregnancy announcements on FB today. Because that's super cool in light of all the people who have dealt with infertility/losses.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @AmMcc12 oh no! Sorry about your eye!  And what do you do with foster parents? 
    Yeah I'm calling the doctor when they open this morning to make sure it's nothing seriours. It just looks creepy. I work in child welfare and most of my kiddos are in foster care. 
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Options
    Anxiously awaiting all the fake pregnancy announcements on FB today. Because that's super cool in light of all the people who have dealt with infertility/loses.
    WORD. 
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @PSUBecky23 - I've seen SO many posts this year leading up to today about thinking twice about fake pregnancy posts. I really like the awareness it's bringing to say "Hey, you think this is funny.. but consider how someone else reading it is feeling"  I'm hoping not to see any, and with my group of friends (possibly because a lot of them are moms and totally understand the struggles of infertility and losses) I don't think I will this year.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    AnnaS930 said:
    @PSUBecky23 - I've seen SO many posts this year leading up to today about thinking twice about fake pregnancy posts. I really like the awareness it's bringing to say "Hey, you think this is funny.. but consider how someone else reading it is feeling"  I'm hoping not to see any, and with my group of friends (possibly because a lot of them are moms and totally understand the struggles of infertility and losses) I don't think I will this year.
    This. I don't think I've seen fake pregnancy announcements the last couple of years because of people posting awareness about how it isn't funny.

However, I still see a copy and paste fake out status around Christmas that has something to do with "expecting" Santa that I'd love to never see again.

• Options
    Anxiously awaiting all the fake pregnancy announcements on FB today. Because that's super cool in light of all the people who have dealt with infertility/losses.
    People do that??  :o
  • Options
    I'm happy to see people posting speaking out against doing this. I fell for it a couple years ago and congratulated the couple only to have them say it was an April Fool's joke. It was shortly after my first loss and I was so angry. People need to use their brains.

Add me to the list of people that hate April Fool's day. 
    bfp: 09.22.10   m/c 11.05.10 @ 10w5d
    bfp: 10.02.12  m/c 11.05.12 @ 9w3d
    bfp: 05.15.15  m/c 06.25.15 @ 9w6d
    bfp: 09.22.15  m/c 10.20.15 @ 8w1d

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    AnnaS930 said:
    @camichael84 - I got SO excited when I saw you were the most recent poster on the "baby sex" pinned post (I think I accidentally fooled someone in here by leaving a comment on there), even though I had JUST read your post that you got a peek at the baby but couldn't determine sex. There are a handful of posters (basically everyone who posts regularly in here) that I am SO excited to find out the sex!!!  Actually.. I like reading anyone's news even if I've never seen their name before.
    Haha...I also thought @camichael84 was announcing. And I think I was the one who got fooled when @AnnaS930 posted in the sex thread. I always get excited when I see regulars commenting on the thread. Speaking of which, lately there are so many names in that thread that I just don't recognize.
    bfp: 09.22.10   m/c 11.05.10 @ 10w5d
    bfp: 10.02.12  m/c 11.05.12 @ 9w3d
    bfp: 05.15.15  m/c 06.25.15 @ 9w6d
    bfp: 09.22.15  m/c 10.20.15 @ 8w1d

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    ugh...this morning I went to get some meet out of our deep freezer and everything was starting to thaw. My ancient hand-me-down deep freezer was destined to fail someday....Most of the meat in the bottom was still pretty well frozen, but I still had to throw away quite a bit of stuff. I managed to pack everything in the refrigerator freezers (we have 2 fridges) and now DH is online shopping for a replacement. Any tips for getting a good deal on a freezer?

• Options
    @Steephers123 I'm not gonna lie, I did the same thing! I don't even know where it's from. I was deciding between a few gifs but decided you all should see the beauty that is those men. Happy Friday! 
  • Options
    Alright- so were we moving to weekly Randoms? I was planning on starting the April Randoms thread but remembered we might have decided to do weekly? Does anyone remember the consensus? 
  • Options

Good plan, @jhems776. I still like monthly but that's just me.

Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm all about the monthly randoms still, so let's start there. We can rework it next week if needed (i'm hoping not)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I check in this thread every day/other day just to catch up and "love" posts. If I'm way behind I just settle in and start where I left off!

Unrelated complaint: My SIL (who is a postpartum nurse, very recently graduated from nursing school) constantly bringing up all the scary things that could happen in birth. I was talking about how relatively easy this pregnancy has been and she interjected that having high platelets isn't easy (which now I regret telling her about.) My hematologist thinks it's reactive due to my mild anemia and iron pills should do the trick. My SIL said "Not to scare you but..." and then listed all the issues that could happen. Honestly I'm an educated woman and I know what could happen even if you're seemingly healthy. I'll definitely keep my mouth shut next time about anything health wise going on with me since I'm over the lectures. 
  • Options
    @AmMcc12 nice! I used to do child welfare and now I'm in outpatient therapy. 
    ***********************************************************************************************
    #1 born 8/21/14, #2 & 3 (identical) due 9/27/16

• Options
    I just got up and filled my Tervis (24ounces) with water.. then walked by a friend's desk and chatted. Got back to my desk and realized I drank my whole water. I'm thirsty, but I literally JUST sat back down after a good half hour of filling water/chatting/doing nothing.  I'm so thirsty.. I think I've filled my Tervis 3 or 4 times today, so yay for lots of water.

I'm suddenly realizing how desperately thirsty I was for all of my last pregnancy, and everyone warned me how thirsty I would be while breastfeeding.  I seriously considered wearing my camelbak while nursing because it would make me SO parched.  Gearing up for it all over again :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    OR, we could just do a random thread that spans our entire pregnancies! ;)
    My first BMB did that. It was HUGE and broke the bump a couple of times. 
  • Options
    @Sporty1216 - we did the same thing in December14 and it got really really wonky when the thread would get too long
    Pregnancy Ticker