September 2016 Moms
Options

Randoms Thread: March Edition!

Re: Randoms Thread: March Edition!

• Options
    jhems776jhems776 member
    edited March 2016
    Yesterday's weather here was so nice.  H and I walked around for miles and ate out.  I don't know if it's the weather or first tri fatigue is starting to go away but I love it.  I am very much looking forward to DST for that extra hour of sunshine in a day.

I know my belly is a bit bigger but besides pants and a few tops that were already tight I'm ok in my normal clothes.  I thought about going maternity shopping but have no idea what my will actually look like when so I'm going to put it off till I notice a more substantial change.  While I was out yesterday I noticed Loft was having a sale and found so many things I wanted to buy but had to resist for the same reasons.  
  • Options
    The weather @jhems776 yes!!  It was low/mid-60s in Maine yesterday, which is WARM for us in March, and with pretty clear skies and sunshine it felt even warmer.  I seriously need the change of seasons here to keep life moving forward.. the winter is wonderful because it comes to an END! and then SPRING!  My flower beds had a lot of growth starting - lillies, tulips, and daffodils all sprouting under the old growth/leaves I cleared off yesterday! Yessss!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @camichael84 - I consider beans a "carb" but definitely NOT a vegetable! what a crock of bull.
  • Options
    I missed one day and there's pages to catch up on!!! This nice weather has me neglecting the bump a little and enjoying the sunshine, today it's gloomy and rainy so I have plenty of time to catch up  ;)

So I've been spotting since Monday, nothing terrible so I've been taking it easy. Since yesterday I've been have some major period like cramps and the spotting has increased some. I called my doctor this morning and I'm having an ultrasound at 4. I'm super nervous but excited about seeing baby, my office usually only does one ultrasound at the anatomy scan. Im just crossing my fingers it's nothing major and I can relax  :|
  • Options
    @mamajen10414 I'll be thinking of you. FX and I hope everything goes well at the ultrasound
  • Options
    @JennM205 I'm in maternity shirts probably 85% of the time now.  

My regular shirts either don't look right because they're so tight across the stomach and nowhere else (t-shirts), they're riding up constantly or just don't fit.

I put one on the other day for the first time since buying them and was amazed how cute my bump looks. :smile: 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Options
    I'm going to have to bust out maternity pants next week. Right now the only regular pants that fit are recently purchased jeans, and next week we'll be interviewing candidates for a new position, so I'll have to look more business-y, which means breaking out all the maternity wear my sister gave me! I'm weirdly excited, but I also feel like it's way to early for this!
  • Options
    Thscary said:
    @mamajen10414 I'll be thinking of you. FX and I hope everything goes well at the ultrasound
    Thank you. 
  • Options
    @Thscary - if we didn't live so far apart, I'd be convinced we had the same OB. I love mine so much - and she would make the exact same comment. She's blunt, she's harsh, and she's one of my favorite people ever.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Will be thinking of you today @mamajen10414
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Options
    @mamajen10414 Thinking of you and sending positive vibes for a great ultrasound.
  • Options
    Thinking of you @mamajen10414
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you everyone! I really appreciate it. I'm trying to stay positive but just waiting around is killing me!
  • Options
    @mamajen10414 Thinking of you! You're in my thoughts and prayers!! 

I can can never keep up with this thread!! Gah! Must. Try. Harder!
  • Options
    Hoping everything goes well today @mamajen10414!

So we're about 7 months into the school year. Why is it that I still have tell my kindergarteners every morning, step by step, what they need to do to get ready? Not once, not twice, but multiple times every single morning. It's so ridiculous. And, I'm trying to get myself ready at the same time. Maybe they'll get it by the time summer vacation rolls around...

• Options
    @mamajen10414 - I hope it goes well for you! Please update us if you feel able!
  • Options
    Best of luck @mamajen10414.  Fingers crossed for good news! 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Options
    Thinking of you @mamajen10414.  Hoping for good news and for the ultrasound to end up being nothing other than a special sneak-peek of your LO!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Even though I officially have a bump, it looks more like an extreme muffin top right now. I just want to be cute pregnant before I have to put on a swimsuit in April.

I'm with you. I can tell, my husband can tell, but I just feel like I look thick and fluffy to outside observers. 
    Right there with both you ladies. DH won't dare say more than my boobs are bigger- which in itself is like a joke because they were already big. Today I'm especially blumpy and looking more pregnant than I am I think. Also looking forward to it being more cute obvious bump than "hey guys, I ate McD's for a week and look at me now" lol!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm hoping for a little advice or thoughts from the group . My husband's family has been doing a yearly summer weekend trip. It's only 11 of us and we usually rent a house, play card games, puzzles etc. Very low key. This year the only weekend that works for everyone is the end of August, three weeks before my due date. They offered to have it somewhere less than a hour away for me which was really sweet. I'm just wondering what pregnancy is like those last few weeks. Would I most likely be really uncomfortable physically or would it be nice to be distracted from waiting? I have no idea what it'll be like.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @pdxmamatobe- it is really hard to tell how you will feel at this point. You may feel great and want to get away, you may be miserable and just want to stay home, you may even have a baby!

With DS, I had a healthy pregnancy and I ended up traveling 4 hours away at 37 weeks for a funeral (with my OB's permission). We had to stop a little bit more, but overall I was fine.

If you do decided to go, just make sure that it is something you can easily cancel if needed.

• Options
    @pdxmamatobe There's no way to predict how you'll really feel at that point in your pregnancy.  That being said, if you are feeling well enough, the distraction and time with family may be a great way to spend one of your last kid-free weekends!  :)

Also, most OBs limit travel in the last 4-6 weeks.  My OB didn't want me anywhere over an hour from the hospital.  I attended a wedding about 2 hours away at 36 weeks with her hesitant blessing (I was already dilating at that point) and my understanding, per her warnings, that if I were to go into labor I may end up delivering at a different hospital.  She said if I was ok with that, I could go but if I refused to deliver elsewhere, I was better off staying home.  Not sure if your OB's rules will be the same or different or how you feel about the potential of delivering elsewhere if you're more than an hour from your hospital.

In addition to that, remember that babies can come early!  37 weeks is considered full term.  (Not that baby cares - he/she could come before that, after that, after 40 weeks, who knows!)  Just think about that when making your decision...it's totally possible that you may already have a baby by the time this family weekend rolls around!

If I were you, I'd tentatively make the plans to go but explain to everyone that it may not work out, depending on how you're feeling, how your pregnancy is progressing, etc.  Good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @unwritten12 If it makes you feel any better my 7th graders do the same thing :) I have said too many times recently "we are in MARCH!  You should know this by now!"
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks @JennM205 and @marajay6. I think I'll have a talk with them and make sure they'd be okay if I had to back out at the last minute. Good point about 37 weeks being full term, I wasn't really thinking I could have a baby by then!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @mamajen10414 hope everything goes well!
    Wife to A; Mama to C (2009), N (2011), H (2014) & baby F due 09/16/16
  • Options
    Finally figured out my maternity leave, not as good as I thought....  The good new is if I only take 3 sick or vacation days I will be able to take the whole 12 weeks paid.  But I really wanted to take more like 10 days off to visit home, a friend, and a super short baby moon.  
  • Options
    The ultrasound confirmed today that I lost my baby. This is my first lost and it sucks! I would have been 11weeks on Saturday. Thank you to everyone for your kind words, thoughts and prayers. I really hope I'm the last loss out of the September moms. 
  • Options
    @mamajen10414  I am so sorry for your loss.  My thoughts are with you and your family.
  • Options
    @mamajen10414 hope all is well.
  • Options
    reesaXdenreesaXden member
    edited March 2016
    @mamajen10414  I am so sorry for your loss.  I had an 11 week loss back in September so I can relate.  Please take time for yourself.  Allow yourself to cry, scream, whatever it is you feel. It helps to let it all out and not keep those emotions bottled up.  

You are in my thoughts and prayers.  
  • Options
    @mamajen10414 I am so so sorry for your loss. I hope you find peace and comfort during this time. You are in my thoughts.
  • Options
    @mamajen10414 I am sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts.

• Options
    @mamajen10414 I am so sorry. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @pdxmomtobe - I agree with being sure everyone else is ok with new location knowing you might not make it. My son came at 41weeks+3 days, and I would have felt up to a weekend away up until the day I went into labor. Sounds great and not a huge commitment

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mamajen10414 I am so sorry.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mamajen10414 You are in my thoughts. I hope you can find support and comfort for yourself during this tough time.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @mamajen10414 I am SO sorry to hear this. My heart breaks for you. Best wishes moving forward...I know it's so hard.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @mamajen10414 I am so sorry for your loss

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

July: Patriotic Fails

england independence day 4th of july july 4th