August 2022 Moms

Introductions

Re: Introductions

• @lmaplejc yay for NJ! Are you north or south Jersey? 

@geshem love the idea of making a little dress for the babe, I’ve definitely been busy making holiday gifts as well. I actually made a playmat for one of my friends who recently had a baby so I think I’ll make one for me, and also maybe thy to sew some tiny stuffed animals ☺️

@paytonpedro  that sound so cute! I love embroidery and I’ve never been good at it. If you start a shop on Etsy definitely share so we can check it out!

also so sorry the user name is so long!! I’m working on changing it and I went and did it on the app, but I don’t know why it hasn’t updated, I read the notes about how to do it but just haven’t had luck 🤷‍♀️

• @wisewitch222 omg are you serious!! Too funny! Well welcome! That's so awesome. Our kiddos are similar ages too, sorta. Mine will be 3 and 5 next month. 
  • Loading the player...
  • elliespenelliespen member
    edited December 2021

Introduce yourself: I’m Elisabeth from Cape Cod, MA.

Due date? 8/15ish

How did you find out? Feeling out of sorts, late period, voilà. A surprise 4th baby. 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) We are a very busy family of 5. My oldest girls are from a previous marriage (12 and 10). Our son is 3. I co-founded a SAAS company three years ago and We are pretty non-stop busy with it and the kids. Love yoga, cooking/baking with my girls and anything where I’m learning something new.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) I’m scared. So is my husband. My stress can be very high and I worry of the implications. I’m also 38. First appt will be just after Christmas. 

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what your super power would be? Hmmm, make myself in to multiples so I can have more time? Isn’t that what most mamas would say? 
  • @paytonpedro thank you! I logged out and back in and it worked!
  • *Lurking*

@coco2787 eeeeek! Congratulations! I am so happy for you. 
  • @coco2787 ahh I miss Wisconsin at times. Loved growing up there! Congratulations!
  • @elliespen I'm on Cape Cod too! 
  • Welcome, friends! So happy to have everyone here! 
  • Gah, @maggiemadeit.. can’t tell you how happy that makes me. Did you grow up here? 
  • @elliespen Me too, nice to see someone local! I didn’t grow up here but my husband did. We moved back a few years ago to be closer to my in-laws. My husband is still commuting to Boston! 
  • @anniemarie887 Yay! Yay! Yay! So happy to see you here! I hope your ob gets back to you quickly so you can get them labs and hopefully some peace of mind!
  • @paytonpedro hi ttgp friend!! She put the order in at 4.45 today, which all the labs around us close at 3, so I’ll be going first thing tomorrow morning 🤞🏼
  • @brittasher That's an excellent superpower! Third time mom here, also with random cramping. It seems scary, but if it's not extreme pain and if there's no blood, it's perfectly normal. We're here for support while it's still too early for the doctors to do anything :smiley:
  •  brittasher said:
    Introduce yourself: I’m Brittney. I’m 29 and live in Monterey, CA until Saturday when I’ll then be moving to GA. Very cautious at the moment.

Due date? Aug 9-13.

How did you find out? My period was even later than usual so I took a test. We’d been trying for a few months and we’re ready to pause on trying until Spring. I’m also a runner and the week before I tested, I could not catch my breath. That was my first symptom.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) No kids yet. One dog that’s about 9. I love to run and workout, although it’s been difficult lately. I work remotely for a nonprofit. Been married for a little over a year and husb and I have been together for 4.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) I’m ok. I’m frustrated that doctors basically leave you out to dry until you cross so many weeks. I have so many questions and feel lost. Random cramping too, which is scary sometimes. Sore breasts. Fatigue. No morning sickness yet.

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what your super power would be? I would have the power of persuasion.
    Don’t hesitate to call and ask questions. Ask them if they use my chart and if they do, get the app. I call and after hours ask questions on there and they answer the next day. Congrats!!!
  • Hi @knottie0ada8ed690e6862d please change your username and profile photo, otherwise absolutely no one will know who you are, and it’s difficult to tag you. You may have to log out and log back in for it to show up after you make changes.
  • smnthkrznwsksmnthkrznwsk member
    edited December 2021
    Introduce yourself: I’m Samantha and I’m from the suburbs of Chicago, Illinois :)

Due date? Around august 12th

How did you find out? We have been TTC since around June/July. Really didn’t think it was going to happen this month due to testing I did showing my progesterone levels were lower than they should be… staying hopeful!

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) DH and I got married in November 2020. We have two GSP pups at home but this will be a first baby. I work as a School Counselor (formerly elementary teacher)

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) I’m SO nervous. I’ve always had very regular cycles and LH surges. But after months of trying I decided to buy progesterone testing strips which scored my ovulation not too well :( yet- here I am! I’m scheduled to see the Dr. on the 27th so for now I’m just trying to ease my anxiety and nerves of all things miscarriage, ectopic, or chemical.

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what your super power would be? I would love to teleport. I can run late to things and I’m so bad at adding in my travel times
  • @brittasher welcome and good luck with your move! What @linnie128 said, and if you have non-medical questions, there is also the Great Big Question thread.

@ced45 welcome! I'm from the DC area as well! I know, 8 weeks does seem really far away, but it'll come!
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Introduce yourself: Hi I’m Lauren from MO 

Due date? August 6th

How did you find out? Was 3 days late and felt pregnant so I took a test. We had retried for 4 years and gave up. 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I have two boys, 8 & 5. My husband is praying for a girl. 

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) super emotional and a little nauseous. 

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what your super power would be? Invisibility 
  • @birdieboogidgiegoo welcome! I have a 5.5 year old girl (6 in may) too and also in TX! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • @bearmomma1 thank you for sharing that with us. I am so sorry for your loss. I am happy you're here. 
  • @bearmomma1 hello fellow july18 bumpie! I’m so sorry about your traumatic loss. You are incredibly strong ❤️
  • @bearmomma1 I’m so sorry for your loss. Happy to have you joining here!
  • @bearmomma1 - I'm so so so happy for you!  Would you mind if I shared an update with the D20 moms?
  • @luckypenny11 Hi Yes!! I wanted to somehow update y'all but wasn't sure how. Thank you <3 I'm so happy you're here too!
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• @birdieboogidgiegoo love this whole post. Especially “peeing on all the sticks”. Same girlfriend. I’ve also been looking for a copywriter with just your level of sass if you ever do side work. Our company’s brand is supposed to be sassy and approachable, but having a hard time to find someone who can write that way.