November 2020 Moms

Baby Names

1234568»

Re: Baby Names

• @name1109 I’ve been leaning toward Audrey as well lately but who knows where we’ll end up. Even last time when we had the first name picked out months in advance, the middle name wasn’t confirmed till after she was born
  • Anyone else team green? 
    If it is a....
    Boy: Aiden
    Girl: Cassidy
  • Loading the player...
  • @bundleofjoy4iluvu i have an Aidan or my own, and Cassandra (Cassie), though not quite the same as yours, was on my girl list. So I like your name choices! 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are having a hard time naming this baby. Part of the reason I was hoping for a girl, cause with 3 boys in a row, my boy name list is very limited. 😆 My frontrunner was Emmett Thomas because I like the meaning, which is a big deal to me. I can't use a name if I don't like the meaning... but DH doesn't love it, but also offers no real suggestions. My oldest really likes Owen, and she asks me pretty much every day if we can use Owen or if I've thought of anything else. We were watching the Three Musketeers the other day and I joked that we could name him Dartanion. DH said he'd totally do that....
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @antsangel1118 I really like Emmett! 
  • @bserena I'm still hoping to persuade him. Our first 2 kids, girl then boy, we had picked out before we were even married or pregnant, and the last 2 boys I came up with the names and got my way. So I'm hoping I do again, or he offers something really great. 
  • @antsangel1118 I really like the name Emmett Thomas! It has a nice flow to it. Too bad I already have a nephew with the name Emmett so no using that one for any of my babies🙄😉
  • @babywiik thanks! Haha totally off limits now for you! Lol I know there's people that side eye the "name stealing" mentality, but I wouldn't be able to use my nephew's name either. I have tons of cousins who all have kids, so duplicating a name there wouldn't bother me as much, but I couldn't "take" my nieces' or nephews' names. 
  • I also like Emmett! It's a nice name. I agree that I couldn't use a name that was already my niece or nephew but cousin's kids I think are removed enough, especially in big families. Connor is all we have that DH agrees with and I have a cousin with a Connor but he's in college. So I don't think he'll care 😆

My aunt "stole" the name my parents had for me and my mom was pissed. Apparently, my aunt said they already had a different girl's name picked out and convinced my mom to tell her what they were planning. My cousin was born a few months before me and was announced with the name my mom had confided in my aunt. My aunt claims my mom told her a different name. My dad didn't care too much because he said he was having second thoughts on the name (it was the girl's name they had picked out since my oldest brother). 
  • @kelk5 :-o that would make me so mad! What was your name supposed to be? And college age Connor might be flattered, if he cares at all lol
  • @kelk5 oh wow! Yeah, I would be mad too! My sister is due 5 weeks before me so I had her send me a list of names she's considering plus some randoms to make sure the one name MH and I agree on so far isn't on her list. Thankfully it was all good👌 I really don't know what I'd do if we had to find a new name for this baby because we've already been calling her by her name (just MH and I. It'll be a secret until birth) and it's just her name.