November 2020 Moms

Baby Names

Re: Baby Names

• DD2 Pre-K Class (I'm pretty sure this is both pre-k classes combined lol).

Charlie (x2)
    Ember
    Preston
    Dominic
    Aria
    Dawson
    Isaac
    Hunter
    Rose
    Emorie
    John
    Lila
    Harlan
    Kamille
    Wesley
    Parker
    Lucia
    Landon
    Erika
    Nova
    Atalie (this is not a typo - not supposed to be Natalie).
    Thomas 
    Quinn
    Brooklyn
    Andrew
    Hugh
    Parrish
    Kairi
    ECat504
    SO
    SD (11/2010)
    DD1 (09/2014)
    DD2 (10/2015)
    Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)
  • @Ecat504 really not digging Parrish (what Parrish are you from Parrish) , Nova ( wasn’t that the name of the Ford car they stopped making because it kept blowing up) Lucia aka Lucifer.  I’m going to hell! 🤣 

Harlan, John, Hugh are my favs! All boy names 😬.

• Loading the player...
  • I also notice like none of the top 10 names are listed. @Ecat504
  • pending our 1st and 4th graders class lists!
    ECat504
    SO
    SD (11/2010)
    DD1 (09/2014)
    DD2 (10/2015)
    Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)
  • @Ecat504 and @potofgolden I love the name Lucia! I think it's really pretty.   The Atalia though, that's one I've never heard and side eye a bit.
  • @kelk5 is Lucia pronounced Lousha or Lucya? I guess that would make a difference.
  • @potofgolden  its pronounced loosha (well, the Lucias I know pronounce it that way) :*
    me 32 | dh 45
    married <3 11.11.17
     mama. epicurean. plant lover. wine enthusiast.
  • @potofgolden DH has a cousin named Lucia and they always pronounce it more like lu-chia (if that makes sense). I've never met anyone else with that name so I'm wondering if it's pronounced differently too.
  • @potofgolden I've always heard it as Loo-see-yah, like the Latina version of Lucy.
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• @potofgolden I am with @hedgepig on the pronunciation... that is how I have always read it!
  • DD1s PreK Class (last year)
    Lilah 
    Lila x2
    Wesley 
    Samantha
    Drew x2
    Charlotte 
    Dwij 
    Richie 
    Carson 
    Anne (Annie)
    Abigail 
    Elouise 
    London 
    Axel 
    Austin 
    Jude 

DD2s Toddler Class
    Anna
    Henry
    Hudson
    Hannah
    Vivian
    Myah
    Aahir 
    Everly

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @crizz13 I'm sorry.... Dwij? How is that pronounced? Lol! And lots of Lila/Lilahs, jeez.
  • Ok so more name drama here. What do we think of Sophie vs Sophia?
  • @name1109 I prefer Sophia as a formal name and then nick name Sophie if you like 🤷🏻 

@crizz13 I love the name Elouise but could never bring myself to name a kid that based on the name meaning 😑🙈

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    --------------------------------
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• lurvleybunchococonuts I had to look up the meaning and this is what I found first. Is it the same as you found or is there a different meaning? Also, I've only seen it spelled Eloise so the spelling looks wonky to me!😋
    Meaning
     of the name Elouise
    Of German origin and a variant spelling of Eloise which itself is derived from 'Helewidis', a compound name composed of the elements 'haila' meaning 'hale, hearty, sound' and 'Vid' meaning 'wide'.
  • @name1109

We went back and forth with Sophie/Sophia for DD2 (spoiler: she's Sophia). There was a Sophie in her daycare class for the last few years also though!

I ultimately decided on Sophia because Sophie felt more like a nick name. So I figured if she liked going by Sophie it was fine because it was a nn directly off of Sophia but she always had a name that felt "real" to us also. I think Sophie's can't interchangeably go by Sophia the way Sophia's can with Sophie (though we usually call her Soph, or turkey - lol).

We had similar conversation with DD1 (Who is Lucille, but we call her Lucy). I needed her to have a "real" name or a "whole" name? I guess....

Mostly I wanted something that would be good for an adult and my small child. Sophia and Lucille felt more versatile and like they had options on what they went by through life.
    ECat504
    SO
    SD (11/2010)
    DD1 (09/2014)
    DD2 (10/2015)
    Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)
  • @kelk5 @potofgolden @magdaaaa @bserena @lurvleybunchococonuts

I always say like Latina Lucy (Loo-see-ya).

@babywiik @crizz13 - I adore Eloise <3

I'm now back on the naming train:
    Still Madeline is at the top of our list, but now I'm liking the spelling Madeleine

SO wants to add "Brooklyn" to the table - which I don't hate but
    • DD2 mn is Brooke
    • My dads wife has a granddaughter named Brooklyn (that they have custody of)
    • My best friend of 21 years passed away right before DD2 was born, her name was Brooke (where we got DD2s mn from), so I feel like it's overkill
    • Brooks is our boy name, and I'm holding out hope Maddie comes out with a peen still lol
    ECat504
    SO
    SD (11/2010)
    DD1 (09/2014)
    DD2 (10/2015)
    Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)
  • I love classic boy names and have it narrowed down to two.. Jack Edward and Louis Patrick (Nickname: Louie or Lou). My husband, his dad, and his grandpa all have the middle name Edward. MH doesn’t feel like we have to use it but I kinda do? Patrick is my Dad’s name and I like how that sounds with Louis. Thoughts? 🙂
  • @Ecat504 Two cents from me! I'm a Brooklynite and know a lot of kids named Brooklyn (Hudson and Jackson are probably the close seconds). I happen to like the name, but could never do it since it's a little on the nose and too trendy for my taste. I think, ultimately, it's your child and if you both love the name then who cares if there are other kids you are close to with the same one!
  • @lalarose22 I like Jack Edward
    ECat504
    SO
    SD (11/2010)
    DD1 (09/2014)
    DD2 (10/2015)
    Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)
  • I LOVE Eloise but it was a hard no for both girls from my husband. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lurvleybunchococonuts @Ecat504 I agree that Sophie sounds like a nickname of Sophia. Frustrating. We’re trying to stick to two syllables since we have two kids with three and one with two syllables.  We both still LOVE Paige but are frustrated by its definition (servant to a lord 😤). 
  • We can’t 100% agree on a name.

We are close to agreeing on Harrison. My big worry though is that Harrison is one of our really good friends grandfather’s names and his wife is due to have a baby in September and I’m worried if they have a boy that’s what they will use. But, if I can remember from last time that Harrison wasn’t one of their boys names so 🤞 

I think we are still on Saoirse for a girl but I don’t know if I still love it. But I don’t have any other contenders. 🤦‍♀️
  • @windywoman I love Harrison! Our last name ends in “son” so it would be kind of a mouthful for us to use, but it’s definitely a favorite of mine. So cute!
  • @windywoman I particularly LOVE Harrison since that's the name we chose for our LO. Good taste!!!!
  • @windywoman we’re at the still no idea for baby girl. So frustrating. 

@Ecat504 for Madeline pronounced Mad a lynn over 7 years we’ve had two people ask to spell it Madeleine and one Madelyn. Not sure if that’s helpful or not.  Of late she wants to go by Maddie anyway. 
  • @kelk5 I totally understand! We're having our 3rd boy and each time before this we went to the hospital with 1 name per gender (team green). So this time we actually know we're having a boy and we've got nothing! We had agreed on James but DH changed his mind so now who knows what we'll end up with!
  • We still don’t have a name either. She’s going to have Baby 2 on her birth certificate at this pace. 

We didn’t share the name with anyone with DD1.  This time my mom keeps wanting to brainstorm names with me and I’m like, no, we’re not gonna do this. Gah, why is this so hard??
  • @1sttimemomma98 I love both names! Mae was on my potential girl name list for a middle name, but I think we have settled on Lynn.

Sorry your mom spilled the beans, I would be bummed too!
  • @reirei84 Jack is my #1 right now 🙂
  • With DD we shared hernher about a month beforehand. I had wanted the name for my daughter since I was in 7th grade so everyone in my family and close friends were waiting to see if I won. With DS I had mentioned the name when pregnant with DD as a name I liked as a boy when visiting DH's family  (they didn't know gender yet even though we did). One of my BILs made fun of the name Everett. I was super annoyed because I was serious about if we had a boy wanting that name. I don't know if he remembers making fun of the name or not now that it's his nephew's name but I remember. With DS we didn't tell anyone until he was born, I don't think we even said what two names we were down to going to the hospital. 
  • I should know by now not to share name ideas with my family. I get the uh huh that’s a name kind of response. I am really liking Audrey. But honestly, given our track record baby girl will have her name on the second day post birth.