November 2020 Moms
Options

Baby Names

Re: Baby Names

• Options
    @babywiik I love all of those names but especially Johanna. I had a good friend in high school who was a Johanna. I just always thought it was so unique and pretty!
  • Options
    @crystalmir91385 I'm with everyone else, I really like Warren and don't think it is dated! 

@dumbledoredies I LOVE the name Scarlett, before we knew the sex that was my favorite, though my husband wasn't big on it. I think it sounds great with Marie!

@babywiik out of the ones you posted I like Mariell Johanna, Mariell Sofia or Mariell Louise! I think Louise is my favorite of them though :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @babywiik I like Johanna! 
  • Options
    @babywiik +1 for Mariell Johanna! Mariell Sofia would be my 2nd choice!
  • Options
    @babywiik Johanna is my favorite ! Probably because it reminds me of Joanna Gaines. 
  • Options
    @crystalmir91385 my daughters little chapter book (Judie B Jones Loves Warren or something like that) that features a boy named Warren. The book was published in 2016. 
  • Options
    @babywiik I really like Mariell Louise. I really love passing on middle names and such too though. I don't think you'd use her full name day to day enough for people to think it's Mari Eloise ❤ 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    acdc1109acdc1109 member
    edited July 2020
    +1 on the naming kids is difficult! We're hardcore struggling. James is my #1 but DH isn't sure and honestly, I'm not either. It's super popular and while I don't mind that it's getting popular for girls, I just don't love unisex names. We have also been considering Henry and Nathan. We have a long Italian last name that ends in an i so Henry kinda rhymes with the end so I'm not sure how I feel about that and DS2 is Evan so I'm not sure if I want the same ending again with Nathan. (DS1 is Luke). Opinions/suggestions would be great!

ETA: we have decided on David for the middle name.
  • Options
    @acdc1109 We have an Italian last name too that ends in an i.... so I stay away from first names ending in the "eeee" sound. It makes it so hard!!! I like James!

@babywiik I like Mariell Sofia! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @dumbledoredies Scarlett was one of my fav girl names for a really long time! Would you use a non?

@babywiik I love Mariell, and I like it especially with Louise or Johanna,  although Alice is a favorite of mine in general, I just don't kown that it goes with Mariell.

@acdc1109 My sister has a medium length Italian last name that ends in 'i' and her son is James and it's perfect!

@crystalmir91385 I like Warren too! 
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Options
    @babywiik I love Johanna!!

We are also seriously struggling with names! 
  • Options
    @crizz13 @hedgepig Thanks! James does sound good, but unfortunately, it has also been used by other family members which also makes me want to look for alternatives. I honestly don't mind if he has the same name as (moderately distant) relatives but I think that's one reason why DH is hesitant to use it. Today I'm liking Nathan but we'll see how long that lasts! 😆
  • Options
    @acdc1109 Would you call him Nate? That would get around the issue of the two -an end sounds when calling both boys together. 
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• Options
    @hedgepig I thought about Nate or even Nat (because they're both such cute nicknames). The -an ending isn't a deal breaker for me but I'm not sure DH will agree. He can be so picky when it comes to names! 🤦‍♀️
  • Options
    @hedgepig I'm assuming you meant "nn" as in nickname and not "non"? If so, I dont think I would use a nickname! I'm honestly not a huge fan of nicknames but I think it's important to consider what nn's could be used with every name. I purposely chose my son's name because it had no nn's. Do you know what any would be for Scarlett?

@acdc1109 Henry and Nathan are 2 of my favorite boy names! If it were me I would probably go with Nathan though. I think Evan and Nathan sound great together. I avoided all names that end in "er" for DS because our last name ends in "er" and I thought all the names ending in "er" sounded too silly with it lol.
  • Options
    hedgepighedgepig member
    edited July 2020
    @dumbledoredies Haha, yes, stupid autocorrect! I guess I usually figure that someone is going to try to use a nickname for any name, so you might as well think about it. Especially if you don't want people to just call her Scar 😉 Although that could be pretty cool too! I think Lettie or Letta is cute.
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• Options
    @potofgolden I love the name Emmylou!! Jentry and Gentry are both beautiful as well😊
  • Options
    acdc1109acdc1109 member
    edited July 2020
    @1sttimemomma98 I have to agree that Lily Anne sounds too much like Lilian. From your list my favorite is Lily Grace! 

@potofgolden You're doing better than I am! We are still not any closer to a name for baby boy. Honestly, I've mostly seen it spelled Gentry and I would have issues loving the alternative spelling too (adorable name combo btw), but I think if you really love the name then you'll probably get used to the different spelling. 
  • Options
    @1sttimemomma98 I like Lily Rose, also! Two beautiful flowers!
  • Options
    @acdc1109 its weird that I want to spell it with a G because the only Jentry I know personally was a guy I went to elementary and Jr high with and his is with a J too. G just seems more natural. But I can’t have a little EGS haha. Did I mention I HATE eggs. They are so weird too me, it’s like a phobia 🤣.🤢

@1sttimemomma98 are you opposed to it being like Lillian but Lilly Anne? I think it’s cute. I have a cousin that is Lillyanna for another idea.
     My alternate pick would be Lilly Mae. However they all sound lovely. 
  • Options
    @potofgolden lmao at your aversion to EGS. I don't immediately think eggs, but totally understand. My older brother INTENTIONALLY gave his youngest the initials WTF 😑 yep, I hate it. 

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• Options
    @1sttimemomma98 +1 for Lily Mae! 

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• Options
    @1sttimemomma98 I was wondering why Lily Mae was so familiar when I first read it and finally remembered I have a cousin with that name😁 i really like both names and prefer the spelling Mae over May. 
  • Options
    @1sttimemomma98 another vote for lily mae 💕☀️
    me 32 | dh 45
    married <3 11.11.17
     mama. epicurean. plant lover. wine enthusiast.
  • Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts I was thinking about boy names and using family names... if I use my Grandma and Granny’s Maiden names it would be so cute... Arthur Sloan.... but the initials would be ASS 🤣🤣. Good thing it’s a girl and I can table my boy name ideas for now.
  • Options
    @potofgolden lol darnit! Arthur Sloan is a cute name! Definitely on team DNW ASS initials though :D:D:D

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• Options
    @potofgolden Arthur Sloan is a cute name but I agree, he might not appreciate the initials😅 if you ever have a boy you could always tack on a second middle name to change up the initials a bit!
  • Options
    acdc1109acdc1109 member
    edited July 2020
    @potofgolden To add to the weird initials theme, before my bff got married she told me that there  was a running joke among her friends that it would be so funny if she married a guy with a last name that started with S as her initials were ASK. Well about 5 years ago she did get married and his last name is Stump so her (chosen) initials are now ASS and we all think it's hilarious! 😂😂
  • Options
    @acdc1109 yes, so we also need to see what could happen with our girl initials after marriage. 
    And omg ASStump 😂
  • Options
    So about initials. I only moderately pay attention to them (in monogram format) 😂

but XH sisters name is Brittany M. And she frequently would complain that her initials were BM like bowel movement and xMIL would say like oh at least it’s not like “Sarah B. M. = SBM like a super bowel movement” and that never crossed my mind when I named DD2 and her name is Sophia B. M. And she always laughs and I’m like it’s really not that funny..... 🙃
    ECat504
    SO
    SD (11/2010)
    DD1 (09/2014)
    DD2 (10/2015)
    Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)
  • Options
    @kelk5 Oliver is my favorite boy name, but my husband also vetoed it. 😢 We have no boy names that my husband likes so far.  
  • Options
    @kelk5 @vetgirl2011 Oliver is precious. 

IDK why I have never thought to use the argument that baby gets DH last name, so thats why we can use a family name from my side... I’ll have to remember this if we decide to change her name or if there is another LO.
  • Options
    @kelk5 @vetgirl2011 another vote for Oliver! That was our first boy name but we moved away from it for a reason I don’t recall. Haha! It’s perfect and precious and Ollie is seriously the cutest nickname ever.

i will say that Oliver has gotten hella popular (obviously) but I don’t think that matters.
    me 32 | dh 45
    married <3 11.11.17
     mama. epicurean. plant lover. wine enthusiast.
  • Options
    @vetgirl2011 it's so frustrating when they don't have any names they like. 

@potofgolden I didn't really think about it until he didn't have any family names for DS. I didn't want a middle name that was just something we liked when I wanted the baby's middle name to honor my dad. So I mentioned that the baby would already have his last name to represent his side. I think that cinched it for me 😆

@magdaaaa yeah, it's in the top ten I think. Which I would prefer for it to be less common but I still think it's so cute. 
  • Options
    @magdaaaa I didn’t even think of Ollie as a nn it make my heart melt!
    @kelk5 This is kind of why I’m going back and forth on our MN, Jentry. It doesn’t have any meaning to us and DD1 was named after my BFF.