November 2020 Moms
Options

Baby Names

Re: Baby Names

• Options
    @jaclyn0405 looove Emerson!
    me 32 | dh 45
    married <3 11.11.17
     mama. epicurean. plant lover. wine enthusiast.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think Arthur is so sweet! That's on my list, too
  • Options
    You and I are on the same page for old names! I also like Mabel, Nell, and Dorothy (call her Dottie), but I'm worried my taste is way too old lady 😆
  • Options
    I worked with a child named Bowen and he went by Bowie. Absolutely precious!
  • Options
    @mamabeario25 my cousin has a daughter named Kaleena - that could be shortened to Kali. I also feel like you could go with full name Calista and shorten that to Callie. 
  • Options
    kelk5kelk5 member
    @mamabeario25 I love honoring family members as well. I like how you are combining your grandparents name for Alerik as a middle name.  I like all your girl's name. Would you be okay with just Callie? I've known several people named Callie/Kali without it being short for anything. I think it's pretty. 
  • Options
    @krystrist2014 I really like Kaleena! That's a pretty name. I may have to add that to the list. I like it a lot better than Calliope.
  • Options
    crizz13crizz13 member
    Stumbled across this and never realized there were actually rules for naming. Haha.
    https://www.thebump.com/a/baby-name-rules?cm_mmc=community_-babynames-_-crazyrules-_-none

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kelk5kelk5 member
    @crizz13 we did the baby name app to help come up with names (like tinder where you swipe left and right then see what you match on).  But I found my son's name by reading a list of German names, it stuck out to me and I couldn't stop thinking about it. I googled baby name lists for all the countries our ancestors came from.  I love the name Edward by the way ❤️
  • Options
    @crizz13 Yes, boy names are hard especially when you've already named 2! We don't know if this baby is a boy or girl yet but we decided not to discuss names until we find out. Mostly because we have a girl name ready to go and only want to discuss boy names if we have to!
  • Options
    @crizz13 Yes I did know that, only recently though! Elon Musk and Grimes named their child a name that California will not recognize legally.  A lawyer said they could appeal, but would likely lose.  And I LOVE the name Edward.  I am also SUCH a sucker for Henry. Lol.
  • Options
    @crizz13 Boy names are soooo hard! I swear, a big part of wanting a girl was that we have a bunch of girls names picked out that I'd be so sad if we didn't get to use 🤣🙄
    Classic but not common/trendy boys names:
    Frankie
    Henry
    Charlie
    Atticus
    Martin
    Paul
    Neil
    Oliver
    Sebastian 
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Options
    @crizz13 wow this is sad that these laws even have to exist. Poor Kids! I do find it weird that a lot of states don’t allow the accents, tilde etc.. ñ é ö I know a few people that use them in their names, but I guess their birth certificates don’t have it.
  • Options
    @Ecat504 I like the Bailey spelling the best. @crizz13 totally agree boy names are so hard. My girl list is super long. Nothing has stuck with the boys or someone we know personally has already used the name.
  • Options
    crizz13crizz13 member
    @jaclyn0405 I love Henry!..... but my parents' dog is Henry - hahaha!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I think we’re back at the drawing board again. I’m loving Paige. Middle name options are Irene, Josephine or Jacqueline. I like Jacqueline but the SO isn’t so keen. I just want to name this baby before she’s born this time. Middle names are in honor of family members who have passed. 
  • Options
    @crizz13 that is exactly why I prefer to name pets names that cannot be people names! Lol. I literally never understood people who name their animals people names - that is probably a UO. My dogs growing up into present day all had non people names - Freckles, Scruffles, Tipper, Buster, Patches, Jeeves, Krypto. Lol. 
  • Options
    KateBeeKateBee member
    @mamabeario25 I have a friend whose son’s name is Quill! He’s a really cute kid.
  • Options
    @laurenmicheley - love that name! We're naming our little guy Hudson Davis bc old school southern tradition is to name a son using his mothers maiden name. Hudson is my maiden name. Also, Davis for family. I love Harrison Davis also!!
    me 32 | dh 45
    married <3 11.11.17
     mama. epicurean. plant lover. wine enthusiast.
  • Options
    @mamabeario25 Quill is a super cute name!
  • Options
    My FIL is Harry and we talked about using it for our son. My husband brought it up again today. I actually like the name and associations (Prince Harry, Harry Potter), but am on the fence because of the obvious synonym. I know one little Harry at my school and I think it’s cute for him. Anyone know and love a Harry? 
  • Options
    crizz13crizz13 member
    @surlyjaneausten I had a 5th grader a few years ago named Harry and he was awesome! Annnnd no crazy jokes from the other kids either. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @crizz13 that’s good to hear! I figure kids will always find something to make fun of and I’ve heard way more crazy names than Harry in my years of teaching, but it’s always kind of a worry. 
  • Options
    We find out in a little over 2 weeks the gender but we have two front runners. 
    If it’s a boy we like Nathan 
    If it’s a girl we like Emersyn 
    we really like kind of gender neutral names for a girl but my in laws hate the idea of a girl with a boyish name
  • Options
    @jzajac06 I’m biased. I love both names. I would name our daughter Emersyn but that’s a niece’s name already.
  • Options
    @jzajac06 I am biased as well as it is the name we have chosen, just different spelling! Emerson Wren <3 
  • Options
    @mamabeario25 I love Quill! I like that I wouldn’t immediately associate it with GOTG but also I freaking love thy franchise and love the connection. 
  • Options
    @jaclyn0405 glad to see someone with similar taste! While we still aren’t sure of the sex I liked it spelled a little different so it would feel a little more ‘feminine’ but Emerson Wren is too cute!! 
  • Options
    @name1109 the name seems to be gaining more popularity so it’s nice to see other girls with the name!
  • Options
    @jzajac06 yes! Funny is while she is named after my favorite author, Ralph Waldo Emerson, and he was obviously a guy, I never took the spelling to be really masculine.  Maybe that's just me, but it seemed like a name that could work for both spelled as is lol.