November 2020 Moms
Options

Baby Names

Re: Baby Names

• Options
    @jaclyn0405 That’s cool that’s where the name came from. We still don’t know and obviously minds change but my in laws are giving us a hard time about names already. that’s the only reason I thought about changing the spelling a little is then they might not hate it as much. Not that I really care too much what they think as the name isn’t up to them and it’s completely wild or made up. But November is still a long time away!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    crizz13crizz13 member
    I've never thought of "Emerson" as masculine! I've had a few students - girls, who were "Emerson" over the years. :-)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    If we have a girl, Violet Eliza will be her name- that will be easy. 
    But if it’s a boy I have no idea. The only two names we agree on are Silas and Felix and I’m not sure about either. We have nothing at all for a boys middle name. I want a boy, we already have a 4 yr old daughter, but the naming will be a challenge! I don’t like anything trendy, but also nothing too common. He nixed a lot that I do like. It’s hard, ugh. 
  • Options
    name1109name1109 member
    edited May 2020
    @Ecat504 your comment about your little’s suggestion of Elsa made me smile. Our little one wanted to the baby — chocolate. 
  • Options
    name1109name1109 member
    edited May 2020
    @Ecat504 I swear I spend my days on baby name tinder trying to figure out her name. Fourth girl name is ...Quattro? So far we’ve gone through Sloan, Quinn, Evelyn, Vivienne, and I think Paige. I LOVE Paige but it means something like servant to a lord. SO likes Paige but we’re tripped up on the meaning.  We don’t want any M names (already have two), we’d prefer 1-2 syllables as #2 has a short name and #1 and 3 are long. So....name name?
  • Options
    @Ecat504 my DD is Daisy Lane, her middle name being after my Granny who was my absolute best friend. Her maiden name was Lane. 🥰  Does he have a middle name or a nickname you could spin off of? Also, my DD would LOVE the name Elsa! She also wanted to name this baby Moana Miss Katelyn...after the princess and her teacher. 😂 I love the littles suggestions! 
  • Options
    @name1109 My #1 pick for a girl's name was Sloane Paisley. I also love Paige. Some other names I like for girls are: Harper, Jade, Ruby, Violette, Elle (or Eloise), Eve, and Sadie. 
  • Options
    @name1109 DD name is Eleanor Paige. Paige was my best friend that passed away right before I got pregnant, so I’ve always kinda of thought she had a hand in giving us our perfect LO. Eleanor as in Eleanor Woods.. Legally Blonde. I planned to called her Elle, but her current nickname is stinky or Nors 🤦🏼‍♀️. 
    I like all of your girl names though! 

Where are the perfect boy names, that aren’t overly used or someone I know hasn’t used?? 

• Options
    @potofgolden I'm right there with you on the boy names.  We used up the good family names with DS (even though I don't love the combo I like the family meanings) James Charles. 
    DH likes Joshua and Michael - I don't
    I like Kellon (hard no from DH), Gabriel, Samuel and Jude (doesn't flow well with our last name). I came across Caspian on a baby name list, it's a lot different from our "style" but I like it, DH shot it down. 

So we're looking to settle with Gabriel or Samuel unless something else comes up, or we have a girl. 
  • Options
    mimsermimser member
    @ksdelong20 I love both Gabriel and Samuel
  • Options
    @Ecat504 I love names that honor family. We will be using Kennedy as a middle name for either boy or girl to honor MHs Father as that is his last name (hubby wasn’t raised by him so he doesn’t have the same last name).
  • Options
    @ksdelong20 my DS is Gabriel Pierce! We call him Gabe for short. 💜
  • Options
    lindz42lindz42 member
    We found out we are having a boy and I agree that boy names are hard to choose! Middle name is going to be Douglas (family tradition for middle name to be the father's name). As for the first name, we both like the names Raymond and Isaiah. Right now we like the name Raymond more, but not sure how a couple people from my family will feel about it. I had two great uncles named Raymond, and while we wouldn't really be naming our son after them, one of my uncles got into some disagreements with my mom years ago. I guess it's kind of complicated, so will need to figure out if it's worth completely forgetting about the name. So I'm wondering if anyone has advice on this? 
  • Options
    @1MommyRunner that’s a wonderful way to look at it!
  • Options
    @Ecat504 If we have a girl her middle name will be Kathryn (spelled this specific way) after my grandmother. I might be biased but I love it and as a first name you could use Kit as a nickname instead of Katie!
  • Options
    @acdc1109 I love Kit as a nickname! Like Kit from A league of their own!
  • Options
    kelk5kelk5 member
    @ecolton01 I like both Quinn and Sawyer. When I thought of Quinn the first thing that popped into my head was Quinn Marie. No idea why 😆 but I'm curious if my cousin's daughter's middle name is Marie as she's the only Quinn I know.  Also, my brother and SIL have 1 child out of 5 that isn't named after a family member or close friend for first or middle name. They just picked two names they really liked. 
  • Options
    OMG @acdc1109 you just put that back on the table for me.
    I nixed it because SDs MN is "Kate" and i love it, but thought they were to similar. But I never thought of calling her "Kit", I love it! Will proposition SO tonight :):):)
    ECat504
    SO
    SD (11/2010)
    DD1 (09/2014)
    DD2 (10/2015)
    Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)
  • Options
    @Ecat504 glad I could help! Kit was actually my grandma's nickname when she was younger, although I think some of her friends still call her that.

I'm so excited! We've finally narrowed our list down to 3 boy names (we already have a girl name from DS1 and DS2) but we aren't sure what 2 name combo we'll use. They are: David, James, and Thomas. We have a super long Italian last name so short (ish) names are important. 
  • Options
    So I keep thinking of this little guy as Connor Edward. DH is on board with the middle name (it's after his grandfather) but we haven't actually had a real conversation about Connor. 

My only hesitation is that one of my best friends from college has a 5 year old named Conor. We have a group text and we chat on that constantly, but the kids only ever get together a couple of times a year. Is it weird to use the name? 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Also, is anyone else annoyed that the 2019 list of top names hasn't been released? They say it's out of respect for the COVID crisis, but what?!?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @crizz13 I guess it depends how close you and the friend are. I have a group chat with friends from college who I only see once or twice every year or two. I wouldn't hesitate to use one of their names if WE COULD EVER HAVE A BOY (they all have boys lol).
    But, we have close friends who we see a few times a month, and although the kids don't get together super often I wouldn't use their names even though there are a few that I really love.

Also annoyed about the top names are being withheld.
    ECat504
    SO
    SD (11/2010)
    DD1 (09/2014)
    DD2 (10/2015)
    Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)
  • Options
    @crizz13 I’d say with the age difference and the fact that it’s a fairly common name it’s probably not a big deal. Lots of kids share names!
  • Options
    name1109name1109 member
    edited June 2020
    I am LOVING all the names!!!!! I love Kit as a nickname @Ecat504. I hope the discussion went well with your SO. @kelk5 I so wanted Vivienne/Vivian but we’ve decided baby last will be 2 syllables as 2 kids have three syllables and 1 has 2.  A bit nerdy but we don’t want our Zoey to feel like she’s not included (Margaret and Madeline are also M’s so no M names).  

We have sadly struck Paige 😭😭😭 due to the meaning. 

I’m onto Eva or Ava? Both can be pronounced the same. Ava is popular so I’m hoping to get DH onboard for Eva. Zoey means life as does Eva (or Ava for that matter).  I kind of like that symmetry. Haha. I’m such a nerd. 
  • Options
    kelk5kelk5 member
    @potofgolden DH likes to joke that we are naming the twins COVID and Pandemic 😆 I like your V names and am saving them. 
  • Options
    I know a Harrison that goes by Harry. He's now 32 but was called Harry by close friends and family from the get go. 
  • Options
    @thatjess We've been calling Harrison, Harry already - DH is lobbying for Han as a nickname, but I'm not sure about that one.
  • Options
    @potofgolden My niece is Camryn Beverly! We always called her Cam or Camryn, but now that she is a teen she wants to go by Bev. Super cute and it grows well!
  • Options
    Ecat504Ecat504 member
    edited June 2020
    MN are going to kill us. We're pretty set on Madeline, last name sounds like (lawn-j).
    We both like: Madeline Elise, but neither of us *love* it.

I also like:
    • Madeline Beth
    • Madeline Jade
    • Madeline Paige
    Requirements are that it has to be a short, preferably one syllable name. We prefer something elegant and fancy. French preferred but not required. 

I feel like I've read the list of 400 one syllable baby girl names a million times and I just don't *love* anything :(:(:(

ETA - We already have a: Lucille (Lucy) Claire, Sophia Brooke, and Rylin Kate.
    ECat504
    SO
    SD (11/2010)
    DD1 (09/2014)
    DD2 (10/2015)
    Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)
  • Options
    @Ecat504 I’m partial to Paige, because DD is Eleanor Paige, but I really like Jade too.

I also found these on google:
    Madeline Jeanne
    Madeline Margaux (two syllable but super French and super cute)
  • Options
    @potofgolden I've been lobbying hard for my last 2 kids to be Margot's lol XH and SO are not fans.
    ECat504
    SO
    SD (11/2010)
    DD1 (09/2014)
    DD2 (10/2015)
    Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)