November 2020 Moms

Baby Names

Re: Baby Names

• @scatteringashes what middle names were you considering with Marjorie? I was briefly considering it because it's my gram's name and she recently passed away but just feel like it's "too old"
  • Loading the player...
  • My grandfather (who was my father figure) passed away when I was younger and I have always known if I had a boy I would name him after my papa <3 His name was Michael, I am liking Caden as a middle name but not 100% on that. For a girl, MH really likes Lily and it is growing on me. No idea on middle names for a girl.
  • I have two DS, so boy name is easy. If Baby #3 is a boy, his name is Jaxson Patrick. 

Girl names are more difficult. Right now my DH and I like Louisa and calling her Isa. Any ideas for a middle name I’m open for suggestion! I also like Arabella. But hoping more of you post because I want more cute ideas for a girls names!!! 
  • aveyc1986aveyc1986 member
    edited April 2020
    @magdaaaa  I want a little “Lottie” too!!!! (short for Charlotte).  It’s on my list for girl names.... DH isn’t on board, but he wasn’t on board for Harper and that’s what we ended up naming our DD
  • @ksdelong20 I hadn't gotten quite that far, tbh; we didn't have a middle name for AJ until about three days before she was born, lol. I do like a nice old-fashioned name, though.
  • Now that DH finally knows, (he only found out last Friday after returning home from working in Indiana for 2 weeks, leaving home the day I found out!), and I mentioned still really liking the name Kenzie Grace (or Mackenzie, for formalities) for a girl, and he wasn't sure if he was still sold on it, so we downloaded this app just called Baby Name and you each go through and choose the names you like, and at the end, it will compile a list of names you both liked.  I also like Cora (even though my mom HATES  that name), and several other girl names. But regardless her middle name would be Grace. After 3 boys in a row I don't currently have any boy names I love,  except Samuel, which I have  always loved,  but DH has never been a big fan of.  
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • **lurking**

@antsangel1118 I was in the same boat as you! We had 3 boys (Eli, Benjamin and Jack) before baby #4. If we had a boy it was going to be Samuel as well, literally the only other boy name DH and I could agree on!
    We had a girl (Allison) but our other choices were Claire, Anna, Leah, Grace and Elizabeth. I love Cora. Would you use Coraline with the nickname Cora?
  • @bellebaby221 haha I do love the names Eli and Benjamin, but I have a nephew and cousin with those names, though reusing my cousin's name wouldnt be out of the question for me as we don't see each other all that much. But I might consider different variations of Ben like Bentley or Bennett. But Samuel is at the top of my boy list still. I think if Cora would be a winner with DH, I would just want that and not Coraline. I know my mom would whine cause she is very critical of names she doesn't like... she is very open about hating one of my other nephew's names- Oliver... she refuses to ever call him that and will only call him Ollie (which everyone does, anyway). And with my current youngest, Aidan, I knew she wasn't a fan right away, but she doesn't hate it. But I know she hates Cora. "It's an old lady name"... oook. Lol that's what she said about Oliver, too. She thinks it's an old man name. But anywho, luckily I'm not worried about having her approval for a name, but I know she would remind me she hates it if we'd go with that. Lol
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • hedgepighedgepig member
    edited April 2020
    @antsangel1118 Your mom and I are on opposite ends of the spectrum - I love old lady names! And I love Oliver :) and Cora too 😉
    Favorites include: Beatrix, Winifred, Octavia, Cecily, Millicent, Alice, Bernadette, Esther, Harriet, Myrtle, etc.
    Eta: Boys names are so hard for me! I like old fashioned names, but so many seem too much like weird old men. I like: Paul, Henry, Neil, Cary, Bernard, Finnegan, Martin.
    @ksdelong20 @scatteringashes I love Marjorie! I don't necessarily love Marge, but I do like Marjie.
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• krystrist2014krystrist2014 member
    edited April 2020
    @hedgepig I love Octavia!!! MH won’t give for it though. I love girls names that start with less common letters like O, Q, X, and Z. 

Other names I love that MH won’t go for: Ophelia, Qinn, Quincy, Zinnia, Selah, Solana, Xiomara, Galilea, Maeve. 

• moody_mommymoody_mommy member
    edited April 2020
    The names I like right now are Clark and Gloriana. Clark is the name of my husband's late uncle. But  l will likely change my mind many times in the next 8 months. I love Tilly, but my husband's cousin just named her baby Tilly Mae which is the same middle name I would have used as well! 
  • @moody_mommy Clark is a super cool boy name! And Tilly is adorbs too, I had a cabbage patch baby and her name was Tilly.
  • Right now we are we like Judge for a boy, but most likely as a middle name. We like Waylon and Wyatt for a first name, but I’m worried they are both getting way too popular.
    For a girl we like Emmylou as a first name, but we aren’t sure what a good middle name would be. But I definitely would want a middle name and not Lou.
  • Ecat504Ecat504 member
    edited April 2020
    @potofgolden

so, my name is Emily. When I was 3 I met a little boy named Mark (and to this day, he’s my very best friend). We went to school together our whole lives and probably in kindergarten he learned that song “check yes or no” by George Strait and he has called me Emmylou ever since 😂 so I absolutely love it! 

Emmylou Mae
    Emmylou Jane
    Emmylou Grace

ETA: literally to this day, 20+ years later he still exclusively calles me that 
    ECat504
    SO
    SD (11/2010)
    DD1 (09/2014)
    DD2 (10/2015)
    Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)
  • @Ecat504  I do like Grace and Mae! I’m considering Hayes... but that may be a little to  much like the song hahah.
  • @potofgolden I almost suggested it but didn’t. I think it’s, personally. 
    ECat504
    SO
    SD (11/2010)
    DD1 (09/2014)
    DD2 (10/2015)
    Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)
  • I haven't even started thinking of names! We were team green the first time and we wanted to have 3 boy and 3 girl names picked out at the time of birth. Picking out names was the worst lol
  • I think it’s harder the second time around because now I have to think of what goes nicely with our son’s name. We didn’t decide on his name until the day he was born. We are team green again this time so we still have our girls name. 
  • @1MommyRunner Lena is on my list! I think it's beautiful 
  • kelk5kelk5 member
    @1MommyRunner and @mimser I also love Lena, it's just beautiful. I also found out it's my great great grandma's name. Sadly DH isn't a fan and vetoed it with DD.
  • @1MommyRunner and @mimser my sister in law is having her baby in July and naming her Lena Jean. It’s a beautiful name, she is naming her after her sister Celena. Or it could be spelled Selena.
  • @mimser it is such a beautiful name! 

@kelk5 @potofgolden I love the family name aspect! My grandfather’s sister’s name was Lena too. 💜
  • @KateBee I love Theodore! 😍 
  • @name1109 I love Sloan, it’s actually a family last name and another family (first) name I found is Zadie. Which would go perfect with your 2 M’s and 1 Z! I’ve been searching through my tree for cool names.
  • @name1109 I like both Sloane and Quinn!
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• @lurvleybunchococonuts Those are nice names! How did you decide do easily? Are you and YH just on the same page? Or are they family names?
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• @lurvleybunchococonuts So much great family history there! I love it!
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• We have decided on Henry for a boy with both our fathers names for the middle names (Peter James). My husband has two middles names as well so we thought it would be nice to carry on the tradition. If we have a girl though we haven't decided yet. Top picks are Isabelle, Claire or Vivenne so far. We have an Evelyn already so we definitely lean towards more classic names :)
  • @rosebud33343 Henry was one of our choices for a boy the first time that we didnt end up using! I love it. I also really adore the name Evelyn. We must have similar name tastes.
  • naumernaumer member
    For girls we already have a Myla (my-luh) and Hayden. If this one is a girl, we will name her Blake or Lukah. 

Boy: we love Bowen or Boden :) 
  • kelk5kelk5 member
    @jaclyn0405 Emerson is beautiful!
  • @kelk5 thanks love! ❤️