November 2020 Moms
Options

Baby Names

Re: Baby Names

• Options
    Names! I so wish. So it’s been Evelyn, Quinn, Sloan, Paige, Eva, Ava...no dice with DH. 

We’re currently at Audrey vs Aubrey. I like Audrey. He likes Aubrey. 🤬
  • Options
    @name1109 ugh, sorry you guys are having such a hard time with names. I think all those you listed are really pretty! If I had to choose between Aubrey and Audrey I would be on your side and choose Audrey because I feel like it’s stronger and less common these days compared to Aubrey. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are still at a standstill for names. As in DH won't discuss it. I get SO impatient and just love to have the baby named so I can start feeling more connected. I've taken to asking him once a week. He's got to cave at some point. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @name1109 mark the as another Team Audrey. I like both, but I agree Audrey sounds stronger than Aubrey.
  • Options
    @krystrist2014 @Ecat504 @potofgolden...RIGHT! I love Audrey. I feel it will be two days post baby and we will be debating ...
  • Options
    @Ecat504 it’s beautiful! ❤️
  • Options
    @name1109 Team Audrey FTW. (both are lovely, though!)
  • Options
    @name1109 another vote for Audrey! You should create a poll and then show it to DH! 😂
  • Options
    @name1109 Audrey allll the way! It is such a classic and beautiful name! 
  • Options
    I’ve been a lurker on this board for too long. 

We found out we are having a girl this past week! The only girl name we have discussed is Margaret Olivia, with the NN Maggie and/or Mo. I found out that DH’s Momi’s middle name is Margarete which is the German form of Margaret! I’m concerned Olivia is suddenly super popular but it’s only the middle name so...does that matter? 
    Me: 27 DH: 30
    Started dating: 10/2010 ;; Married 10/2017
    Started TTC: 10/2019
    BFP: 12/20/19 ;; MC: 12/24/19
    BFP: 3/5/20 ;; EDD: 11/11/20
  • Options
    @Ecat504 @crizz13
    Oh perfect!! Thank you for yalls input! haha and yes! I’m keeping away from seasoning her name with ‘Ys’ for sure — drives me NUTS. Like I too want to have a sorta unique name for my kid, but not THAT yooneek 😂😂
  • Options
    @Ecat504 and @mama-buckets thanks for y’all’s input! I really like the flow too. Even though it’s a lot of syllables, it rings nicely I think! 

I like Laine better than Lane for the femininity aspect. Also, I like a little uniqueness but nothing too crazy. My first name is spelled the uncommon way and I really enjoy (still to this day) when people call attention to it. 
    Me: 27 DH: 30
    Started dating: 10/2010 ;; Married 10/2017
    Started TTC: 10/2019
    BFP: 12/20/19 ;; MC: 12/24/19
    BFP: 3/5/20 ;; EDD: 11/11/20
  • Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts a friend from HS has a son named Jaxson and I’m just like “you have an extra letter in your made up spelling!” 
    @mama-buckets I think Laine is fine! It differentiates it from the street lane. 

My name isn’t spelled traditionally and I hate it. No one spells it correctly, at Starbucks I just say “yep” to however they guess it’s spelled. While my lovely grandmother in law was alive she spelled it differently on every single birthday card she gave me 😂. It’s kind of a burden.
  • Options
    We are having so much trouble with names. We love a traditional Irish girls first name but I am worried no one will be able to pronounce it. I have a semi-common (now) name but people constantly pronounce it incorrectly even though it is spelled pretty much how it is said. Some people continue to call me it the "other way" even after being corrected. I tend to just let it go after awhile. 

We have no boys names we agree on at all. 
  • Options
    @windywoman what name(s) are you worried people won't be able to pronounce? I personally believe people that intentional mispronounce names after being corrected, are just being intentionally lazy.

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts          Saoirse. It was in our top three for girls names with DS. I have a friend from my A18 group who used it for her little girl. She is from Ireland. I loveit but, I just worry about no one being able to say it correctly. 
  • Options
    @windywoman I agree with @lurvleybunchococonuts regarding people purposefully mispronouncing names. 🙄 What are the names you’re worried about? My sister’s fiancé is Irish and they are getting ready to move to Ireland in September. She’s discussed a few traditional baby names that they have picked (they’re planning on TTC right after getting married next year) and I don’t find any of the names she mentioned difficult to pronounce from the spellings. 
  • Options
    I think people are going to mispronounce names no matter what. I have a Lila (lie-la) and Anna (ann- nuh) and they will occasionally get Lee-la and Ah-nuh (thanks Frozen). 

I love Saoirse and say go for it! I am partial to traditional Irish names and so wish DH could have been on board. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've been looking at this baby name book and it has a lot of alternative (but not off the wall) spellings! 
  • Options
    @crystalmir91385 I think Warren is a really cute name and extra special if he's named after your grandpa. A friend of mine had a baby last fall and named him Warren.
  • Options
    @crystalmir91385 I like Warren. And I like that it’s not a name you hear often. I think I prefer Alexander over Kent. Both are good though.
  • Options
    @crystalmir91385 awww I like Warren Alexander ❤

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    @crystalmir91385 I love warren!
    me 32 | dh 45
    married <3 11.11.17
     mama. epicurean. plant lover. wine enthusiast.
  • Options
    mia80mia80 member
    @crystalmir91385  I like the name Warren too!! 

It seems like a lot of the older names are coming back in fashion now too.  DH and I decided we want to do family names, so our boy is going to be John William (his grandpa and my dad and grandpa's middle name).  They're a little more popular, but still old!  I would love to use a longer name like Alexander... but our last name is already 11 letters long and a crazy Ukranian name that noone can spell, so we wanted to go with a short simple first name! lol
  • Options
    @crystalmir91385 I don’t think it’s dated at all! Love it! Both options are awesome!