July 2020 Moms
Options

The Great Question Thread

Re: The Great Question Thread

• Options
    @laurad75 I second the prunes advice! Started with 2 and then down to 1 daily.  It really works.  GL!
  • Options
    These are such great ideas!  Thank you everyone. 
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @MrsTiger123 I would definitely talk to your doctor about that. Pregnancy category C means that Animal reproduction studies have shown an adverse effect on the fetus and there are no adequate and well-controlled studies in humans, but potential benefits may warrant use of the drug in pregnant women despite potential risks. So pretty much if there’s another viable option we wouldn’t use this in a pregnant women. In pharmacy school we are taught to not give it to pregnant women. 
  • Options
    blaf322blaf322 member
    edited December 2019
    DD b/c there was another page in this thread that I didn't see at first and what I said was already discussed :smile:
    Disregard my commentary lol
  • Options
    @laurad75 I hope you can get things "moving" soon lol
  • Options
    @beckylookatherbump in our high risk antepartum unit we give senna after colace  hasn’t been working to all our pregnant mamas. (We don’t generally take patients less than 20ish weeks though) 
  • Options
    Since this is my first pregnancy knowing I have celiacs, I’m not able to do all the pasta, ramen, donuts, etc. that I used to. And I am SO much less constipated than ever before. Usually when I go to a restaurant my best option is a big salad, so also eating wayyy more produce. So I know this is stating the obvious and also aversions are at play, but eat your greens and veggies - medication is not the best option here! Your butthole will thank you!
  • Options
    @Pascal86 "your butthole with thank you" made me legit lol. Thank you - I needed that!
  • Options
    Any ideas on cute ways to tell H's brother/sister we're pregnant? We all live apart and have our online secret santa family gift exchange Wednesday and want to do it then (we'll also all see each other in early January).
  • Options
    Hi everyone, I’m looking for a little announcing advice. We are telling family on Christmas and I know one of our family members is going to be upset. I am trying to decide if I should give her a heads up or not? 

We’ve struggled with infertility for years and** TW have had 5 losses** so I totally understand how much it sucks getting blindsided, but she’s not infertile or anything babywise, she’s just really wanting to get engaged and gets mad at anyone else’s big news...advice? Thanks in advance! 
  • Options
    @mhaack92 I'm with @rachstar18 if it's just jealousy then that's on her. It sucks to not feel like you're getting what you want in life but if she really can't be happy for anyone else, I don't think that should dictate what you do. I do understand, though, because I've had similar concerns about my SIL who has always been kind of a hot mess and wanted a "perfect life" and was always wrapped up in appearances and felt she was being judged by family (she was/is not). I remember when we told her and my in-laws about being pregnant with my daughter a couple of years ago, and her first response was "you're pregnant and I'm not even engaged yet!!" Like, huh? Since then, she has gotten engaged and then married last year, and I know she wants to have a kid but I have not inquired as to the status lol. I think we might tell people Xmas eve, because she's hosting xmas dinner for all of us at her house and so that's my compromise - not announce at the dinner she's hosting. Maybe there's a similar consideration you can give her? But if not, I wouldn't stress too much.
  • Options
    @rachstar18 and @meanjellybean thank you both I really appreciate it. She is immature about this kind of stuff. I think I’m going to take your advice and just announce how we want, but not expect anything from her in regards of a congrats. She’ll probably just ignore it and I’ll have to be fine with that. 
  • Options
    @mhaack92 I’m with everyone else - I have a friend that is soo annoying about life milestones because she totally bitches about being behind or opting out of things or whatever. But even she has it in her to act super excited when people announce fun news. If someone can’t even think outside themselves for a second (and they truly don’t have a personal situation that would make this painful), that’s a them-problem. 
  • Options
    @mhaack92 I agree with everyone else. Screw people who can’t be happy for anyone but themselves. That’s just selfish and you should get to enjoy this happy time in your lives the way you want!
  • Options
    I agree with everyone.  If someone can’t be happy for your happy news, that’s totally on them.  It would be different if she was struggling with infertility and you wanted to give her a heads up (I always appreciated it when friends and family did that for me) but this it totally ridiculous.
  • Options
    I have a question for all the STMs (and TTMs, etc).  When is everyone letting your other children know?  My 4 year old son is begging for a sibling and I am so excited to tell him.

*TW* I’ve had several early losses but now that we’ve seen the heartbeat, my husband and I are dying to tell him.  

I have another follow up ultrasound on Christmas Eve, and if everything looks ok, we wanted to let him open a gift that night and it would be a big brother shirt.  I want to do this so much since it would be so special, but am I testing fate?  I’d be 9 1/2 weeks.  Is that just to risky?
  • Options
    @mischief-managed I think that’s totally up to you, you know him best. Worst case scenario, how does he react to difficult news? Also, are you ready to tell the world? Could he keep it to himself once he knows?

I’m tentatively planning on waiting until the end of the first trimester to let my kids know (well, the 3 year old - the 1 year old won’t understand). Now that I’ve had an ultrasound I feel good about things working out, so I can wait - I just want to tell her before everyone else knows, because I want to make sure I’m the one that gets to share the news!
  • Options
    @mischief-managed we told our 4 year old as soon as I had an ultrasound picture to show him. He now has decided he is also growing a baby. It’s cute how excited they get. TW * we had a loss this summer and he knew about it and when I had to tell him the baby died it was awful so we wanted to make sure things were looking good this time. 
  • Options
    @mischief-managed we were waiting to tell our 5 and 3 year old once we had our 8 week ultrasound but then I had a big scare the day before and was nervous to tell them however, my oldest spotted the ultrasound pics and said you’re having a baby?!?! I want it to be a boy 😂 I thought well now they know. I agree with others, I think it’s just whenever you’re comfortable. We had to tell ours about our last loss and it was tough. Now I’m wondering who else will find out earlier than planned but I’m also ok with that. I feel like with how sick I’ve been feeling and tired it might be nice to have some more support and for others to understand why I’m not myself lately. All this to say, like @Pascal86 said, as long as you’re ok and feel comfortable with those things then I’d say go for it! 

• Options
    @mhaack92 that’s so cute! My youngest keeps saying I’m going to rock her and hold her. Then our oldest will chime in... can I hold him too? One wants a brother and one wants another sister so they decided there must just have to be one of each in there 😂 nope just one and you get what God gives you lol it’s so sweet though to hear them get excited but my oldest had a huge meltdown about having to share a room with her sister soon 😬 yikes! Not looking forward to crossing that bridge! 

• Options
    @mischief-managed we waited until we were ready for the world to know before we told DD. I would, at a minimum, wait that long.
  • Options
    @mischief-managed we waited last time, with our then 3-year-old, until we were ready for the world to know, which was around 12-13 weeks. We didn't actually announce until a couple weeks later, but we doubted she could keep her mouth shut, and we hadn't even told MH's family before that.

This time, we have a 5-year-old and a 1-year-old. We'll probably do the same as last time, wait until close to the end of 1st tri. The older one is better about keeping secrets now, but there's a chance she'll let something slip without thinking. The little one won't understand, she's 15 months. We'll at least wait until MH feels OK telling his family. We stopped telling them early because of losses (they aren't super sympathetic or thoughtful people much of the time, it wasn't helpful for them to know).
    2/13 Blighted ovum, D&C -- 6/13 MC -- 8/14 DD born -- 3/17 MC -- 9/18 DD2 born
    Expecting again -- EDD 7/27/20
  • Options
    Somewhere in the depths of a thread. People were suggesting maternity jeans/pants. If someone could point me in that direction. Or have suggestions? That’s be great!
    I’m only 8.5 weeks. But the bloat is making my jeans too uncomfortable, and apparently all my leggings have tiny waistbands that like to dig in to the extra fluff going on. So I’m contemplating buying some maternity clothing a bit early on (longer to wear means I get more for my money’s worth, right? 😂) 
  • Options
    @nursejenn5 no shame. I have seriously been wearing maternity pants since like 5.5 weeks mostly because my regular pants make me extra nauseous. I think some people were suggesting HM on here. I get most of my stuff from old navy mostly because it’s cheap but also it’s pretty comfortable.
  • Options
    I found a lot of cute comfy things at old navy last time too. I didn’t even know they had maternity clothes with my first and they’re really reasonable! 

• Options
    Old Navy had some great stuff during my first pregnancy that wasn’t even necessarily maternity. Comfy leggings and long cardigans/sweaters/tops. I lived in various combinations of that the whole winter. I was in my third trimester during the winter last time. 
  • Options
    +1 for ON maternity. I wish I had known they had maternity with my last pregnancy. 

Also, no judgement! You've gotta be comfortable @nursejenn5

• Options
    Just throwing it out there.  Do we want a thread specifically for maternity clothes recommendations/discussions?  I didn't see it on the product spotlight, but we could either just make a thread or add it in there.  
  • Options
    Adding a thumbs up to Old Navy maternity! They have some great things, and always some type of sale going on. 

I also enjoy GAP maternity, but my only beef, and maybe it’s only gap Canada, but they never have my size in stock, especially for jeans or bottoms, I need to check out the site daily to see if any restock has been done.

• Options
    I mostly live in yoga pants. With my first (4 years ago) I purchased 2 pair of jeans from Destination Maternity. They were like $50 each, Jessica Simpson brand. I’ve worn them several times a week for nearly 4 year straight and they are in such good shape. So definitely invest in a good pair of jeans, especially if you plan on doing it again
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    Motherhood Maternity has inexpensive, very comfortable legging.  They are a bit on the thin side, but work great with longer tops & sweaters.  I have already gotten mine back out, I find them much more comfortable than my regular non-maternity leggings.  
  • Options
    Another thumbs up for Old Navy and Gap maternity! I got jeans from Motherhood Maternity that are kinda nerdy but I will def be wearing them again this time. Also, if you want to spend a little more, I got work pants from Pea in the Pod. I also got a dress for a wedding there too. Good quality and cute stuff, but don't buy more than a couple things there.
  • Options
    I 100% live in jeans but could not stand any maternity jeans ever. Gearing up for another long season of leggings - and will probably look for some cute maxi dresses this time around too, since I have to deal with summer pregnancy this time. 
  • Options
    I have two august birthday kids, and I remember I lived in Old Navy maternity clothes. For my youngest I wore dresses almost every day at the end. I just hated the belly constriction- I've never liked the full panel, but I loved the Old Navy low panel. This was my 38 week bump in August 2012. I found walmart and target cheapie dresses worked just as well as anything maternity! 

• Options
    @modoodles I hate low panel or belly bands. Full panel is the only type I could stand. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    @modoodles I didn't know about low front panel maternity jeans with my first and I feel like I was missing out! 
  • Options
    @modoodles cute dress! I just wore dresses and long skirts a lot with my last two in the warmer months as well. That’s a good idea to look at Walmart. I don’t know why I never think to just get bigger sizes. I’m going to try that this time! 

• Options
    I feel like I’ll be a full panel kind of person. (I enjoy my high waisted leggings and my favorite jeans are high waisted as well) but I guess I need to head out to old navy and try some things on here soon! 
  • Options
    +1 for Gap and Old Navy maternity clothes. I also got a few things last time from Loft that I liked. I am SO looking forward to living in dresses come spring and summer! I remember the production that was trying to get pants on my body at 40 weeks. The worst. :neutral:

@nursejenn5 I could be wrong, but I *think* they stopped carrying the maternity clothes in stores for ON and switched to online only.