May 2019 Moms
Options

Favorite Names Thread

Re: Favorite Names Thread

• Options
    πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
  • Options
    @sleepy33 just noticed yesterday a FB friend of mine named her daughter Aubrie. So I guess there are ways? She also named her other Brooke Lynn and I just feel like Brooklyn is sufficient butttt not my kids so whatever I guess!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge does the daughter go by Brooke or Brooke Lynn?Β  Β My name is split kind of like that, but it was because my mom wanted to control how people shortened my name.Β Β 
  • Options
    @fatmonica she goes by Brooke Lynn, I've never heard her called just Brooke. That's a good point though, maybe they did think of that

• Options
    edited November 2018
    I'm probably a weirdo, but I would say "Brooke Lynn" and "Brooklyn" slightly differently... also not sure what other way Brooklyn could be shortened... Brookl?
    kids with flags
  • Options
    I think you could still call a Brooklyn Brooke if you wanted. I do say it differently in my head but the mom says it like Brooklyn. I didn’t know she was a Brooke Lynn until I saw it typed out

• Options
    Having our boy name pretty set in stone, I'm now debating in the potential girl name. I'm revisiting Eliza some my friend didn't use that the last round of babies we had (but it's a pretty popular name, not sure I want that), also in the mix are Juliet, Joanna, and Naomi. I'm thinking Grace for MN for all of those.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Last night I had a dream that the baby was a girl and named and already here, and when I woke up I could shake it. How do we feel about Logan for a girl?? I’m sure we won’t actually go with it, but I don’t know why I’m loving it right now. It also doesn’t go with my other kids names (Gavin and Harper)Β 
  • Options
    @Sketner610 I have a female friend named Logan! Suites her really nicely. And I think it goes with your other names. :)
  • Options
    @Sketner610 I'm personally not a fan of typical boy names for girls, but I think it's cute and I really do think it goes well with the other names.Β 
  • Options
    @Sketner610 I actually love when girls have boyish names that could kind of go either way. I knew a girl named Tyler and thought it was great. Plus, kind of awesome for future resumes. They can't be disregarded for being female! I think Logan would be a cool name for a girl but still hold up over time, I'm pretty sure I've heard of girls called Logan before!

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I never considered the resume thing. No one would know by my first and last name what sex I am. On a resume that might be nice. Overall I've hated it.Β 
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds I've actually always considered your name to easily be both and I think not knowing sex, I would assume female just because I know more females with your name than males. But maybe that's regional...?

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge it might be. But it's also been that way with age too. When I was a kid, I knew no girls with my name, only boys. I was teased tremendously for it. Because while adults knew it was gender neutral or even predominantly female, the kids who see 5 male Jamie's and one female don't know that. But when I did my preceptorship over the summer, there were 4 Jamie's on the floor I worked and all were female.Β 
  • Options
    @Sketner610 my neice’s name is Logan. They normally call her Lo or Lolo. I am a huge fan of ”boy” names for girls. DD1 is named Palmer. We had a lot people unsure about it (mostly older people) but so many people love it.Β 
    Baby #1: Palmer Olivia - October 2014
    Baby #2: Emmeline Grey - August 2016
    Baby #3: BFP 9/7/18Β  |Β  EDD 05/24/19
  • Options
    @haboobjob I hadn’t even considered nicknames but I always did love the nickname Lo. I’m not sure whether we’ll follow through on it, but shockingly, DH seems to really like it. I know that my mom and grandma will be judgey about it.Β 
  • Options
    We have the boy name figured out we are now working on a girl name. Any opinions on Candice Audrey or Ingrid? Middle name will be Joyce after my husbands grandmother.Β 
  • Options
    @jwalters2019 I think Audrey Joyce sounds beautiful. Candice Joyce is too much of the same sound. I personally am not a fan of the name Ingrid but that’s irrelevant because not my baby :) I like Ingrid Joyce better than Candice Joyce but like the name Candice better than Ingrid.Β 

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge Audrey is definitely our top choice.😊
  • Options
    @sketner610 they’ll get over it πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I had people asking if Palmer was short for something or if we were going to call her something else. DH’s grandma even tried calling her β€œLivie” in reference to her middle name Olivia and I shut that down real quick.Β 
    Baby #1: Palmer Olivia - October 2014
    Baby #2: Emmeline Grey - August 2016
    Baby #3: BFP 9/7/18Β  |Β  EDD 05/24/19
  • Options
    Had an awesome conversation with H and we changed things up a little. We have 2 boy and 2 girl names we like and I think we will wait to meet baby before deciding.Β 

We came up withΒ 
    Lawerence Grant
    Samuel GrantΒ 

Kennedy Renea
    Marit Odette

Any weird associations or opinions? Trying to get a good feel for them.Β 
  • Options
    @bumbly_b is Renea pronounced Re-Nay or Ray-nuh? Either way, those names are awesome!
  • Options
    @Sketner610 I am not a fan of Logan for a girl, I really like it for a boy though.
    @jwalters2019 I like Audrey Joyce.
    @bumbly_b I like Samuel Grant and Kennedy Renea.
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• Options
    Have any of you tried to go on the Baby Names board in the specialty section of the communities? The ladies there are brutal. So rude for no real reason. I’m thankful for our group here!Β 
  • Options
    @Sketner610 I avoid other community boards like the plague! We have a good thing going here!
  • Options
    @mrskoz428 Re-Nay. It's my mothers middle name. I have her mother middle name so we kinda of wanted to continue that.Β 
  • Options
    @Sketner610 our group is seriously one of the nicest boards I've ever seen. And I agree the baby name group can be particularly mean.Β 
  • Options
    @bumbly_b that’s sweet! I actually have my mom’s mom’s name, as well. I really like that idea!
  • Options
    @bumbly_b I like Lawerence Grant - it makes me think of Laurence Olivier and Cary Grant, and that's a cool association, at least for me. Although I do prefer the spellings Lawrence or Laurence.

@Sketner610 I'm sorry they were bitchy to you on the name board!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @misskimsue good catch the spelling was supposed to be Lawrence.
  • Options
    @bumbly_b I think the spelling Renea is going to be problematic in the future, as the name is usually spelled either Renae or Renee. It's a beautiful name though!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    @bumbly_b Love both of your boy names. I like Kennedy Renae best of your girl names. Β I wasn’t sure how to pronounce the middle name, but I LOVE the family tradition of passing down the mother’s middle name. ❀️
  • Options
    @sleepy33 I can see that. In fact originally it is a spelling mistake that my great grandmother made. But now my mom and several cousins have it too and its pronounced just fine so I think we'd stick to it.

Β Its honestly my second pick for a girls name. We are already having some pressure on Hs sides (H's parents are divorced and remarried) about who we can and cant name our kid after.

Marit Odette has a family tie but unless you are really into name origins and meanings no one knows.Β 
    Β 

Kinda silly I know as it's really up to us but it's harder than I expected it to be.Β 
  • Options
    My husband and I had the easiest time picking our possible girl name, Clara Evelyn, after both our grandmothers. Boy names aren’t as easy for us, we have decided on Ansel, after the photographer Ansel Adams, but we are having a hard time deciding a middle name. We will find out what we are having on 12/12.Β 
  • Options
    @Bash19 Ansel is totally on our list too! We're nowhere near narrowed down yet, but I definitely like that one!
    kids with flags
  • Options
    So now that we know we arehaving a boy- we are pretty set on Noah. It's been the only boys name we can agree on. DD has DHs grandmother's name as a middle name, so I feel like we should give this LO one of my grandfather's names as a middle name. The choices are:

Noah Robert
    Noah Alfred

Noah Robert is my first choice, but my only hesitation is that my Grandpa Robert Michael was a Jr, my Dad was a III, and my brother IV. The name has been used quite a bit. I was really close with my Grandpa. I barely knew my Grandpa Alfred (he was sick my whole life and died when I was 5), but I KNOW it would mean a lot to my mom as it's her father and she and I are very close.Β 

Any thoughts?

• Options
    I really like Noah RobertΒ Β 
  • Options
    bumbly_b said:
    I really like Noah RobertΒ Β 
    Seconded
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker