May 2019 Moms
Options

Favorite Names Thread

Re: Favorite Names Thread

• Options
    mrskoz428 said:
    @anonellis yes! I’ve eliminated names based on their popularity regionally! As a teacher, I had two Laeloni’s, two Ella’s, a Johnny and a Johnean last year and it was really hard! One teacher had an Alexis, Elexis, Alexa, Alex, and a Lex all in her room last year! I definitely keep this in mind when picking out names.
    Say what now
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    @sleepy33 pronounced “John-knee-n”. Saying Johnny and Johnean was VERY hard. I thought it would have been pronounced like Janine but I was wrong.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mrskoz428 said:
    @sleepy33 pronounced “John-knee-n”. Saying Johnny and Johnean was VERY hard. I thought it would have been pronounced like Janine but I was wrong.
    Is it a girl or boy?

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    @sleepy33 girl. She also moved to the district with 8 weeks left of school. You know. 🤷🏽‍♀️ I have a long list of “cannot name my child this” because of students. 😂😂
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I feel like naming babies is a good way to figure out how many people you hate 😂 I feel like all the girl names we've liked DH has been like "there's a girl in my class with that name" 🙄 but realistically... They're females in structural engineering classes and one of the girls (Hannah) is smarter than DH (by his own admission) which makes me really lean toward those names. I think of them as strong, brilliant minded women one day. Which is goals, right? 
    #TeamHannah

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    @missmcgonnagal that is an adorable name. It's kind of old timey but in the cutest way, I love it.

• Options
    @willmisspumpkinbeer i think Henry is getting pretty popular and doesn't seem very old fashioned anymore. It's really cute!
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• Options
    @willmisspumpkinbeer seems like a UO but I'm not a big Henry fan. I group it with a lot of old man names like Fred, Norman, George, etc. I think George and Henry are making a comeback, though, so you are not alone in your affection and I don't think you should let any of us (although I think I'm the first naysayer anyways) sway you to not use it. I also don't share names with anyone besides me and DH before birth since I DGAF what other people think so who am I to have an opinion on your name choice. That being said, I like classic/timeless names and thought I was picking one for DD but people my parents generation and a bit older kept telling me they love her name and that it's come back in style (I had no idea it was super popular previously but sounds like it was in my grandparents generation). What might seem "old" to our generation, won't to our children's, especially as Henry is definitely on the upswing.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @misskimsue
    Quentin Everett 

• Options
    @bpietronicco Great idea, but that's DS1's middle name! 😃 I guess I should have mentioned my other kids are Brendan Everett (names inspired by my family) and Antonin Etienne (names from DH's side)- this will be our first freebird baby with whatever names we can come up with. Yes, apparently we have a bizarre fixation on "n"s - oh well!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @misskimsue.  What about Quentin Elijah 
  • Options
    @misskimsue

Quentin Emile
    Quentin Edmund
    Quentin Elijah
    Quentin Ezra
  • Options
    @misskimsue Oooh, I’m liking Elijah and Elliott for middle names! 
  • Options
    @misskimsue Quentin Eric - keeping the french names coming! 
  • Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions, guys! I like to have lots of material before I bring it up with DH because he usually shoots everything down immediately. @ashleaf2018 Edmond (French spelling for DH sake) was actually on my original name list for first names, still considering it for a middle. @eatinwatermelonseeds I have always loved the name Elliot. My old boss had a son with that name, but I don't work there anymore, so I guess I should consider it!
  • Options
    I'll just throw my great-grandfather's name into the ring @misskimsue. Edwin, if you need another contender. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @misskimsue My cousin’s middle name is Emory. I’ve never heard anyone else with that name but Quentin Emory has a nice ring to it in my opinion. 
  • Options
    @Sketner610 I had thought of that also, or maybe spelled as Emery. Couple others I was considering: Quentin Emmanuel (pretty standard French name and flows well with our last name), Quentin Evander (I just think this is a cool and under-used name, but too associated with Evander Holyfield? Maybe I'm just old). Thanks again; you're all very helpful.
  • Options
    @misskimsue Evander Holyfield was the first thing I thought of. 😕
  • Options
    @misskimsue I like Emmanuel- it does flow really nice with Quentin and your other children’s names 
  • Options
    Quentin Earl is coming to mind hahaha

• Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds DD is Hannah! I like it because it’s not as insanely popular as it was 18 years ago, but still classic and well-know .

I do worry that it sounds too cutesy with the name we are going with-Noah. Is Hannah and Noah too cutesy?
  • Options
    megsb615megsb615 member
    edited November 2018
    @misskimsue Evander Holyfield is the first thing I thought of too. Fun fact: His son plays football for the University of Georgia, and no surprise, but he’s huuuge! Shocking I know. 💁🏼‍♀️
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds @megsb615 Well at least I'm not just old! haha

@bpietronicco That is at the top of my list. I think DH's younger brother has Emmanuel as one of his middle names, so it might also be a family name.

@chloe97 I don't think Hannah and Noah is too cutesy; I think they sound like siblings. Both are great names.

• Options
    Gonna vent for a quick second, so skip if you want...
    So a wife of my husband’s friend has always been rude toward me and pretty passive aggressive at times. Well today she puts on Facebook “To anyone I know who might be pregnant: do not name your child any of the following names. I’m claiming them now so there are no theifs” then she went on to post a short list of pretty popular names. A few of which were already on our list. The funny thing is, she’s not even pregnant right now. She’s acting like she owns these names. Also in our circle of friends, I’m the only one pregnant (and she never even congratulated us). I feel like she was trying to direct it at me without calling me out. DH thinks I’m being dramatic. I’m just frustrated because now if we do choose one of the names that were already on our list, she’ll think we stole it when they are very common names. Either way I’m gonna name my child whatever I want and she’ll have to deal. But it just seemed like such a weird post either way. If she was pregnant that would be one thing but she’s not. 
  • Options
    Okay so I'm of the mind that posting on social media is absolutely RIDICULOUS. But when we were ttc DS (which took over a year) we decided on his name about 2 months in. It was the only name we agreed on. My best friend got pregnant 5 months before me (which I was excited for her, but just in my feelings about as it was). We went to lunch one day and she told me if the baby was a boy, her husband really liked the name we chose and they're probably going to use it. I was heart broken. I don't know, maybe I shouldn't have been, but it really hurt. She ended up having a girl, and I got pregnant a month after she found out it was a girl. I was adamant that I wasn't changing my baby name, and I didn't. 
  • Options
    Sketner610Sketner610 member
    edited November 2018
    @misskimsue it took all my strength not to comment on it. I was gonna say something like oh a few of those are already top contenders for us or something, but I decided to just pretend I hadn’t seen it. I’m going to her daughters Birthday party next weekend though and if she says something to me in person I’m totally saying we might use them. And ya I was annoyed DH said that. But I think he lives in this fantasy where me and her will be besties and him and his friend and me and her can all hang out and have fun together. But man that girl really bothers me. Lol