Austin Reid. 
    ** Highschool Sweethearts ** 
    Married: February 14, 2009

MC: June 6 2010 @ 18 weeks
    DS: December 19, 2011
    MC: October 2, 2015 @ 14 weeks

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oh, I like Tristan! Was actually considering that for the girl since I like more ambiguous names for the girl like mine  
    Me: 27 | Husband: 30
    Met: September 13, 2008
    Married: September 13, 2016
    Surprise BFP 05/20/16 - EDD 1/31/16

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think that's why I am stuck on Tristan, I see it as an adorable girls name and an ok boys name. 
  • Options
    @ThePax89 that's a badass name. I love it!
  • Options
    @underthesea, I read your comment and fell in love with Juniper. Luckily before I sent my husband a message I remembered June is my estranged MILs middle name, and want nothing remotely close for the baby. Why do stupid people have to ruin good names.

@adorebella, my son was born in August and we picked it for one of his names before I had him. We decided on using it for his middle name. We didn't pick it because it's when he was born, just liked it.  August Rose was actually our girl name when we had him. If you like it, stick with it.

• Options
    So, our sons middle name is August which is when he was born. My husband recently suggested that we make it a thing and use January for this babies middle name. Not sure I like it. Feels lame.
    Thoughts?
  • Options
    @EH112212 personally I would not be a fan. I would not use a month name because that's when they were born. Only if I liked the name. Also if you are due at the beginning/end of a month there's a chance your baby could be born in December or February. How would each of you feel if that happened?
    Baby Boy 3 is on the way! 
    Due 1/21/17
  • Options
    Carly79 said:
    Pretty sure I commented on this before but no idea what I said. I like seeing some of the traditional names @scgirl6113 like Peter and Thomas. They help to inspire me if we need a boys name. My son is Samuel James. I want to stick to traditional for this one and we really struggled with a boys name we liked. Unfortunately we both have a lot of cousins that seem to have a lot of the names we like and I really want to stay away from duplicating family names like that. I am about as clueless on girls names so at this point I really just don't know what we are going to do. I love the name Margaret but we know the middle name (boy or girl) will be Michael. I like Margaret Michael but our last name starts with M too and I feel like it may be a bit of a mouth full. For a nick name I'm leaning toward Greta instead of Maggie but we'll see. I'm sure my husband will have some opinions on it and we don't start talking about it until we know what we have to decide on :)

My sons name is Peter Joseph and if we have a boy we are going with Samuel or Eli with the middle name James. I love the traditional names too. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Samuel Jacob 
    Due 2/16/17

• Options
    @EH112212 I'm not offended by sibling sets, my sister and I have middle names "hope and grace" and we want all of our kids to have a color in their name. My daughters middle name is grey, and the babies first name is olive. If you like the name, do it!!!!!!! 
  • Options
    scgirl6113scgirl6113 member
    edited August 2016
    @Sarah1253 Josiah is the middle name for our Peter!
    I love Joseph that flows well! Also James has been on my short list for each of our boys but DH just doesn't really like it. Sigh. He gave the ok for me to pick it but I couldn't do it knowing he didn't like it.
    ETA because the bump are my post
    Baby Boy 3 is on the way! 
    Due 1/21/17
  • Options
    We just started discussing names.  So far we haven't had too much arguing (but I'm sure the arguments are coming once we know the sex and January approached)

Girls: Teagan, Reaghan, Brianna (or Brianne), Maggie (but DH doesn't want Margaret just her name to be Maggie and I'm not sure about that).

Boys: Jameson, Finnegan, Killian, Callum (neither of us likes Cal as a nickname), Nolan, Griffin (DH hates it but I love the name so it will stay on my list forever)

For a boy I asked that we use the middle name Andrew in honor of my grandmother- who DH told me would give me a baby days before we got our BFP.

I have a feeling this list will change over the next few months and the name we eventually pick isn't even listed yet.  
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• Options
    For boy we're going with Sam, we'll fight about what to make that short for once we know it's a boy. If a girl....I've got a big giant list to narrow down before DH even wants to look at it. He likes Rosalina though.
  • Options
    @EH112212 that's a bummer! I love Juniper so much, but we have a long last name and I don't wait it to be too long. It's still in the running for sure!
  • Options
    We don't have names picked out yet, but for those of you who like traditional boy names, my sister named her son Franklin.  I love that name. They sometimes call him Frankie or Frank for short. (Or "Beans" as in, frank and beans).
    Jan. 2017 Sept. Siggy Challenge - Pumpkin Spice Gone TOO Far!

Pregnancy Ticker

BFP 2/3/16 --> MC 2/13/16
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    JLJ2012 said:

I might have mentioned my top choice name to our 3 year old and he has been calling the baby by the name non stop.  So boy #3 will be baby Emmett.

Love Emmett and Everett. H is a no go on either though. 
  • Options
    stumptownmamastumptownmama member
    edited August 2016
    I'm not one to ask opinions about names but DH and I are considering two middle names. Does anyone else have two middle names? Was it annoying to have a long name or did it not even make a difference? 

The name we love for a girl is Eliz.a Jun.iper Ka.te. Our last name is only two syllables but it is 10 letters. My middle name is Elizabeth and it is a family name, so that is where Eliza comes from. My sister is Kate and I would love to honor her. And we just adore the name Juniper. 
  • Options
    DH and I tend towards traditional names. Charlotte has always been in the running for my other 2 babies. It seems like our top choice right now but I wonder if anyone has any other good ideas. Another name we are considering it Evelyn (Nn Evie).

The middle name we have chosen is Brode (rhymes with Road) because it is a family name that goes back many generations. I am finding it hard to match this name up.... 
  • Options
    @underthesea
    Everyone in my family has 2 middle names and it's never been a big deal. My husband refused to do 2 MN though, so we haven't continued that. 
  • Options
    @underthesea I don't personally have two middle names but I know lots of people who do. Never seemed odd to me. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Options
    According to a couple of states I've lived in, I have two middle names due to the fact that it's two words "Free Bird" I think the only time it has ever been annoying was when filling out one of those forms that has a separate block for every letter when filling out your full name because there's never enough for the middle name with space :) This happens about once every 6 months. And when I say it's annoying, it's not .... at all. You should go with 2 if it's what you want :smiley:  -- Eliza Juniper Kait is a gorgeous name.
  • Options
    My husband likes Cale and I don't like it at all. He wanted to name our first son that and I just couldn't do it. So we picked a different one but this time he still is pushing for it. Help?? Any suggestions close to Cale , I said Cale Justin and I could call him cj but he really doesn't care for that. 
    No cade, Caleb, callen we have these names in the family already. 
    Thanks
  • Options
    @Becid24

I always liked the name Cale, but it reminds me too much of kale salad. What about Cayden, Kellen, or Killian (if you're feeling especially Irish)?
  • Options
    @becid24 How about Cole?
  • Options
    Keller, Case. 
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. @canavara Free Bird is your middle name? That's amazing!  And I agree it is mildly annoying when filling out forms. I took my maiden name as a second middle name and hardly ever include it because forms usually only have one space for middle names. 
  • Options
    If boy Sam, short for something we haven't agreed on yet. Long list for middle names. If girl...my list is at 16 diff ones right now. A long list for middle names too, no narrowing down until we know the gender.
  • Options
    @Becid24 My friend liked Cale but went with Caven
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @Becid24 How about Calvin? For a nickname, he could be Cal, but it's a little more traditional, in my opinion.

• Options
    @marynog we've done that app! I wasn't too impressed with the name choices but it was a fun exercise to see what names we both liked. 
  • Options
    @underthesea you're right, some of the names are super weird!!
  • Options
    We had a girls name picked out, so of course we're having another boy! 

DS was Cole Benjamin before we even knew he was a boy so it's been kind of fun this time around to throw different names around! 

My favorite is John Maddox. We're huge Atlanta Braves fans and have always joked about naming our kids after some of their players. DH isn't sold on it. 

Our top choice right now is Cooper. We also like Miles, Clark and Grant. A bit all over, but I think there's a pretty good chance we will go with Cooper! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    So, we don't know gender yet - find out next Monday. We like traditional names for the most part. My son is Elliott Joseph, daughter Evie Katherine.

My fathers name is Joseph and I'm the youngest of three girls (and he has 3 sisters) so our last name dies with us. If it's a boy this time I was thinking today of possibly Joseph Thomas (Thomas is my husband's middle name). Is it weird hat we already used Joseph as a middle name already for my son? 

other names we like for boys  - Zachary, Sawyer.. But we are looking to add still... 

• Options
    So far I feel like I like a LOT of girl names and hardly any boy names.  Girl: Mackenzie, Kinsley, Mila, Aria ... I could go on forever.  Boy: Oliver (my grandpa's name) and Miles.  We are waiting to find out the sex before getting really serious about the name situation.  Not sure if we'll tell anyone what we end up choosing though.  If so, likely only immediate family.  Are you ladies going to announce name ahead of time?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @kelseyh62  I made the mistake the first time around to share our ideas... Got lots of opinions that bothered me. Since then, have tried to limit until baby is born. It bothers other people not to know, but I say "oh well!"
  • Options
    @kelseyh62 we are team green and I doubt we'll definitively choose a name before the baby is born. I'd like to go to the hospital with 2 or 3 options for each sex though. I've been on the fence about whether to discuss names with anyone at all, but I was in the car with my mom and sisters for a while today and they asked if we have any ideas so I ended up telling them some of the names we've been thinking about. Luckily their feedback was mostly helpful, and they didn't really have anything negative to say. I probably won't discuss names with any other people, though. 

And if we were 100% set on a name I don't think we'd share it at all. I just wouldn't want to risk someone saying something that would make me second guess my decision. 
  • Options

@Becid24 My nephew is Macale and some people call him Cale.

@Bumpingupto3 I've seen that before and don't think it would be bad. My family ran in to a similar problem. My brother ended up having a boy but that's the only person to carry on our family name. One thing that we tossed around with our DS was to incorporate my maiden name in to his name somewhere. We never came up with anything we loved so it didn't happen but depending on the name it could be done.

@kelseyh62 We don't talk much about baby names with anyone until baby is born. We did throw around a few early on with family and it really didn't sway our decision but I think it was more because we were really struggling to come up with something and were looking for a little input. We didn't figure out a name until after DS was born but no one in our family knew the names on our short list (which didn't get used anyways).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @kelseyh62 we will probably not be sharing the name until the baby is here.  For some reason people love to criticize name choices of unborn babies but will keep their mouths shut when presented with a named baby.  When people ask we say we're considering a few options.  At the moment, that is true but we will likely keep saying that even after we have chosen the name.

Jan17 Sept Sig: Pumpkin Spice gone too far
    BabyFruit Ticker