January 2017 Moms
Options

Names?

Apologies if this has already been asked, but are any of you mamas already picking out names? What are your ideas so far?
BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSave

Re: Names?

• Options
    Our 4 boys all start with J and when the boys and I used to joke about a 5th boy we all decided Jeremiah was a good name :smile: however, baby #5 is a surprise and total threw DH through a loop and he said that since I'm getting my 5th baby he gets to name it! Ha! And he does not want to do another J name...I think that would be so weird! 

Girl name is Naomi Daryne, Daryne is my middle name. I told DH if he wants naming rights to do a non J for a boy then if it's a girl I get to give her Daryne as her first name! ;-)
    BabyGaga
    DS1 - 03/31/2006
    DS2 - 12/31/2008
    DS3 - 06/26/2012
    DS4 - 08/07/2014
  • Options
    nan814nan814 member
    edited May 2016
    @mommywesley we have all J names here too! I'm thinking about changing it up too  :)
    DD1: 6.22.04
    DD2: 9.22.06
    DS1: Born too soon, 19w3d 1.28.14
    DS2: 3.5.15
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    j32444j32444 member
    That's funny. With DS we were also all J names. If it's a boy I really like Nicoli.and we will probably call him Nick. If it's a girl I have no clue! OS is nit sold with Nick.  But we have a while to think about it.
  • Options
    We have our girl name from DS (we were team green) so if this baby is a girl, she'll be Daphne Rose.  I don't know how we're going to pick a boy name.  I adore DS's name and I'm not sure anything will be as good.  We're probably going to go with a "D" name.  DH, DS and I are A, B, and C so it would be fun to have the second be a D.  But only if we can find a good D name.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My husband, me and my daughter all have A names. We didn't do it on purpose. We just loved the name we chose for her. I don't really want to continue that trend. We had such a hard time choosing a name last go around and our other favorites aren't appealing anymore. Looks like we are back to square one. 
  • Options
    Vivi20Vivi20 member
    These are all great names! @asnowsurfer, I agree, I just love to see all the names everyone is considering/choosing! 
    As for ourselves, if this is a boy, his name will be Tristan. And if she's a girl, I have no idea. We struggled with finding and agreeing on a girl's name with our daughter, and it's still hard this time, too. We don't agree on any girl names. I've always loved Russian names, so Ekaterina/Katerina has always been at the top of my list.
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSave
  • Options
    We are pretty set on Marion Elizabeth for a girl. Marion was my grandmother's name, and she was a wonderful woman that I would love for my daughter to take after. For a boy we are not decided but Lukas and Finn are top contenders Lukas because my husband is Polish on his dad's side and Finn is his grandmother's maiden name. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Options
    cjs260cjs260 member
    We've had names picked out for a while, for some reason... Hiram Chamberlain for a boy and Beriah Jean (nn Riah) for a girl. Chamberlain is H's grandfather's middle name, Jean is my middle name, and Beriah is a family name. It actually is historically a boy's name, but I think it works better as a girls name in current time. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• Options
    Jkp7749Jkp7749 member
    edited May 2016
    I absolutely love the name Petunia. My husband has hard core vetoed it though. We love Amelia and Penelope. I'd like to use my mom's name somewhere, which is Susan, and ish if it goes with Amelia or Penelope. I would love to use one of hubbys family names, but for a boy. I feel like if it's a girl she's already getting their last name and I want my family in there somewhere. 

For boy names, we like Crosby and Harvey. Not sure of middle names yet
  • Options
    @asnowsurfer - Evelyn Rose is a beautiful name!  So far we have had a much easier time with girl's names.  Lauren, Hattie, and Andie lead but with our first we didn't go with our original front runner so who knows!  
  • Options
    I think we will just stick with the names that we already had picked.  Paige Elizabeth for a girl and Bennett Matthew for a  boy.  I'm still going to try to get DH on board with Ramona, Bonnie or Evanna for a girl but I'm happy with Paige if I can't get him to agree.  

Our other kids were both last minute changes though so who knows what we will end up with. 
  • Options
    Hi! 
    We like Ryliegh James for a girl.  And right now Levi Allan for a boy.  I'm not a HUGE fan of Allan but it's my husbands middle name. 
  • Options
    When I got married, I had a hard time giving up my maiden name of Ellis, i loved it, and my husband does as well. We decided before we even got pregnant that our first born would be named Ellis, boy or girl, Elle for short if a girl :) But the closer we get to finding out the gender I'm not sure if I like Ellis as much for a boy as for a girl? Guess we should look at some alternative boy's names too!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Vivi20Vivi20 member
    Such great names! @kellybean1988, I LOVE the name Primrose! It's so dainty and feminine sounding!

BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSave
  • Options
    We are thinking Brielle for a girl and either Austin or Jackson for a boy.
  • Options
    Currently it's Adelina Renee for a girl and Aris Jackson for a boy. That being said, we did have a friend that named their boy Aris (that's where we got the name). They don't live in the same state as us anymore but we still feel funny about it since it's such a unique name!
    Me: 34, DH: 33 // Met: 10.21.2007 // Married: 9.18.2015
    BFP: 4.29.2016 // EDD: 1.2.2017 (IT'S A BOY!) Born 12/26/16
    BFP: 2.10.19 // and MC on 3.19.19
    BFP: 7.9.19 // EDD 3.16.20

• Options
    @BriannaE129129 I love Ellis! That's so cute!

@AmyKDuffy do you think your friend will be weird about it? I have a few SILs that fought to the death over Jack and years later it's still a touchy subject even though they ended up with Jack and Jaxon months apart and nobody but them cares- the boys think it's awesome

We're pretty set on Gwendolynn Ainsley for a girl (nn Winnie... My grandma had a grandma Winnie which I always thought was so cute, but hers was short for Winifred which I don't love haha and Ainsley is a play on my maiden) and for a boy we're settled on Bennett William 
  • Options
    We really don't have boy names. Girls my husband likes Adalie ( wants it spelt the way its pronounced to avoid being called Adele "adell") i like paisley but my husband says it reminds him of something you would call a cooking spice "and 1/4th teadpoon paisley" i was like "you are thinking of parsley" he was like "close enough" i like Adalie though its kinda cute :-)
  • Options
    ashanne88 said:
    We have our girl name from DS (we were team green) so if this baby is a girl, she'll be Daphne Rose.  I don't know how we're going to pick a boy name.  I adore DS's name and I'm not sure anything will be as good.  We're probably going to go with a "D" name.  DH, DS and I are A, B, and C so it would be fun to have the second be a D.  But only if we can find a good D name.
    DD was almost Daphne Rose! Its a very pretty name =)

• Options
    For a girl we have settled on Adeline but I have no idea for a boy name. After coming up with 4 boy names, we just cannot agree on anything new. Since we are team green, we will have to get this figured out. We have time.
  • Options
    Currently, it's Atticus Emmett for a boy, and Magnolia Reese for a girl.
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Options
    Naming DS was hard enough!  I'm not looking forward the great name debate in my house.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • Options
    Ellis is my boy cousins name! It's very English! 
  • Options
    KimC85KimC85 member
    Atkins17 said:
    We are thinking Brielle for a girl and either Austin or Jackson for a boy.
    Brielle is my daughter's name! We get lots of compliments,  and a few "that's interesting" from older people. 
  • Options
    @gonetothesea omg I love Magnolia!
  • Options
    @gonetothesea omg I love Magnolia!
    Thanks so much! It's my favorite flower and a nod to my Grandma that passed away.
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Options
    sLass42sLass42 member
    @jkp7749 We were stuck on the same set. Debate was amelia, persephone, penelope. DH said no to penelope and we have a cousin name persephone. So Amelia!

For some reason we decided a while ago...
    Boy= Branson Alexander
    Girl= Amelia Eleanor
    -*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Personal, Frequently Changing Gif Party>>>

• Options
    @gonetothesea magnolia is adorable. I know the cutest little girl named that and she goes by Maggie, which is a cute nickname. 
  • Options
    Girl - Penelope Jane (Poppy or PJ) for short
    Boy - Jasper Kirk

Jane and Kirk are family names. I just really like Penelope, and my husband's home county is Jasper (he moved from his state to mine so I'll make allowances ;) plus I like Jasper)
  • Options
    If baby is a boy he will be Smith. We are undecided on girl name.
    After 15 cycles and 3 rounds of clomid (50mg) we got our BFP.

Lots of luck to my Golden Girls
  • Options
    @sLass42 Amelia Eleanor is beautiful! I really loved Eleanor but DH wasn't a huge fan.

We've decided to go with family names for either boy or girl. For a boy, it'll be Marshall Wayne (both of our father's middle names) and for a girl it'll be Marjorie May (his grandmother's first name + his mom's middle name). Going to have to convince people we didn't name her after the Game of Thrones character :P 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Jan '17 August siggy challenge: Cat fails

• Options
    moonlady-2moonlady-2 member
    edited May 2016
    If it's a boy: it will likely be Isaac...not sure on middle name
    For a girl: considering Lydia and Luna, plus a few others. I love Luna because it pays homage to my maiden name Moon, but worried about the popularity now that John Legend and Chrissy Teigan named their daughter Luna

31 years young
    from Seattle(ish)
    5 years married
    FTM and PGAL
    EDD is 12/23/17
    -- It's a BOY! ---

• Options
    moonlady said:
    If it's a boy: it will likely be Isaac...not sure on middle name
    For a girl: considering Lydia and Luna, plus a few others. I love Luna because it pays homage to my maiden name Moon, but worried about the popularity now that John Legend and Chrissy Teigan named their daughter Luna

I love Luna and it's even better that is relates to your maiden name!  Do it!  I wouldn't worry at all about possible popularity.  I doubt it will be like the Emma, Sophia, Ava type of popularity. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • Options
    Everyone sounds so confident. My sons name is Jayden Alexander and my daughters name is Makenzie Soyla Rose. If its a girl i like Makayla for a boy i am not sure yet. I was thinking Jaxson. Team green so i must be prepared.
  • Options
    Vivi20Vivi20 member
    I don't know about you all, but I worry a lot about what others will think of my name choices :neutral: Which is unusual for me, because I normally could not care less what others think.
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSave