July 2016 Moms
Options

S#!t just got real

Re: S#!t just got real

• Options
    (STM) I put together the double-stroller and used it at a festival this weekend with DD's cousins. Turns out it doesn't fit in my trunk. Whoops! I guess we'll be taking DH's SUV anytime we need to use it. LOL
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was just coming post the same thing @Natinat6
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • Options
    Well, shoot. All I have is a little stockpile of diapers/wipes, some clothes, and a bouncer. My shower isn't til the end of the month and I've been trying to wait until after that to see what we get. But we only have 77 days left... and DH will be gone for a couple weeks in June for Army stuff. I feel like I should probably at least get a hospital bag packed in case something happens!

We still don't have a name picked out. And I *just* scheduled our hospital tour for next week!
  • Options
    Busy weekend so I was gone for a few days, come back and there's a birth announcement. Talk about shit getting real!
  • Options
    I'm nesting hard core but running out of ways to near as we haven't fully turned our office into the nursery yet.. Ahh feeling overwhelmed how soon I'll be a mom! 

Right?! Me too. Trying not too stress too much about everything I need to do in the next few months. Assuming she stays in there that long! 
  • Options
    At my doctors appointment they told me I was measuring 4 weeks ahead based on belly size. I know there are a lot of factors that influence how you measure day to day but hearing my DD could even have a small remote possibility to be cut down by a third was a little shocking. 
  • Options
    I have been reworking some project plan timelines the last few days and realized I have 8 weeks to get all of my projects done to ensure they are finished in case I go into labor a couple of weeks early (DD 7/1). Eight weeks feels so much shorter than 10!
  • Options
    I accidentally started stalking...I went on to look at something and say gifts were bought. Then I started checking everyday! I forced myself to stop now though lol. I'm waiting for my husband to get home so we can open it together. I think the delivery of actual baby stuff freaked him out a little bit lol
  • Options
    I checked my registry a few times last pregnancy and sometimes knew who was buying certain gifts because of the timing. Then I felt guilty ruining their surprise and stopped checking...for a while at least. We waited on big stuff and I may have checked which of those things were still needed closer to the shower.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kellz14 said:
    @lolomommy1 Right!! I had a 3D scan for the first time yesterday too.  I'm 26 weeks. Baby had his hand over his face the whole time so I can see only part of it.  But his face was still so distinct - I could tell 100% that he has the same exact nose as my dad!  Wow!!!
    yup. It tripped me out, he looks just like my son!  I mean considering they are brothers it only makes sense, but it really hit me hard seeing those cute little features...this baby will be here really soon!
  • Options
    Tomorrow starts third trimester for me. Makes it feel so much closer suddenly. I feel like I need to make a list of things to get done to be ready, but in reality, I don't think we have as much to do second time around. Moving the crib back to our room and installing the car seat are the two big ones and we do have some time for that yet.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    DH and I have started the process of buying life insurance and a nurse is coming to the house this morning to do our paramed exams. Planning for what happens if something happens to either of us makes this shit feel real real 
  • Options
    @MollyH1987 yes to everything you said. I just had an ultrasound this morning to check baby's growth because I measured on the small side at my last appt. Getting our first glimpse of his sweet little face actually looking like a human baby was definitely a "holy sh!t" moment for me. While I hope he stays in there and keeps cooking for the next 10 weeks, I'm that much more excited to meet him now!
  • Options
    TM14TM14 member
    @blissylissy86 I'm already scheduled to go on June 28th. It feels so soon! And the doc said he might even try to come earlier. 
  • Options
    @megstervt my DH was weirdly obsessed with checking out the contraction monitor during my labor with DD#1. I was induced so it took some time for our excitement to begin. I think it was a good distraction for him. Haha
  • Options
    @quartz02 I made watching the monitor DH's job so he could tell me when to be ready and when to start relaxing again. That was mostly the only talking he was allowed.
    Pregnancy Ticker