July 2016 Moms
Options

S#!t just got real

Re: S#!t just got real

• Options
    @theshannondee I was just thinking about you. Thanks for the update! Prayers for you, hoping your BP stays low and pre-e isn't an issue. Hang in there!!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @theshannondee been thinking of you today! Prayers your BP stays low and baby stays put for a little while longer!
  • Options
    Glad all seems ok for now and baby will keep cooking! @theshannondee
  • Options
    I hope your results come back clear and that baby stays put @theshannondee!
  • Options
    My mom and I started planning our annual 4th of July BBQ... I'm due July 5th. It makes it seem so much closer!
  • Options
    rakel88rakel88 member
    Glad to hear baby's staying put @theshannondee ! Obviously hope you don't have pre-e but keep doing what you're doing, stay calm and think good thoughts and hopefully everything's ok!
  • Options
    @theshannondee glad all is quiet for now and docs are on the lookout!

My current real moment:  we are now at the point where I have weekly appointments.  Also my job has agreed to lighten up the physical demand for me, so should start next week.  

Me: 32, DH: 38
    Married 1/14/12
    NTNP Since 12/13, TTC Since 1/15
    BFP: 11/4/15  Found out we were having TWINS 12/9/15 EDD: 7/11/16 Born: 6/29/16
    Team Blue x2!!

cartoon disney funny haters pixar

• Options
    @theshannondee Glad baby's staying in for now. Hope you have good results/a good maintenance plan to help calm things down for you.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @theshannondee  Thoughts and prayers for you and your LO. I hope he stays put a while longer for you and that your BP goes down!

Managed to have my baby shower Sunday and then a dr appt and hospital tour on Monday. Walking those halls nearly had me in tears just thinking how soon my first LO will be arriving. Super excited and super nervous. 
  • Options
    @theshannondee hope things are going ok!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Options
    kim1989kim1989 member
    The fact some Mummies on here have already had their LO's is definitely a s*it got real
    moment. Today I finished off the baby room and made up her bag, I still have to do mine but it's definitely getting real now. 
  • Options
    am0987am0987 member
    I am showing signs of early pre-e so I'm looking at an induction in the next 3-4 weeks...on the way out of my appointment the doctor actually said, "make sure your bag is packed and the car seat is installed!" WHAAAAT. 
  • Options
    @am0987 You're only showing some signs, no formal diagnosis and they're already scheduling an induction!? Holy moly! I'm showing signs too and they haven't jumped to that yet. How far are you?
  • Options
    am0987am0987 member
    @theshannondee I'm 33w 4d and the swelling makes me look like the pillsbury dough boy :-( I don't have an induction scheduled yet but they're telling me that's where I'm headed! I did the 24 urine test and it showed up with elevated protein levels and my blood pressure is creeping up and up...the best part is now I talk with a lisp because my face is swollen! Seriously have a pregnancy-induced speech impediment. 
  • Options
    @am0987 YIKES! Scary stuff...I am lucky no major swelling like that. We have the same due date btw! Fingers crossed it can be handled and baby can continue cooking!
  • Options
    Had our hospital tour today, and while it was great and the maternity unit is amazing, it was a very 'this is really happening' moment. Seeing the bed with the stirrups in real life freaked me out a bit. And then on the way out the nurse was like, see you soon! Agh! 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    LF93LF93 member
    @austinjl How far along are you? I'm 31+2 and I'm thinking it might be a bit early to start washing clothes. Does it really matter when they're washed? Also is everyone washing all the baby clothes that came in packaging. I think I might just to be on the safe side.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • Options
    LF93LF93 member
    Yeah I was thinking about washing all the clothes but I didn't think about the chemicals that might be used. They're definitely getting washed now. Thank you :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • Options
    @LF93 I'm washing everything. 
  • Options
    I know BTDT moms say to hold off on washing a lot of newborn items, but should I go ahead and wash all the 0-3 months and beyond clothing? I got a LOT of those at my work shower, but I have no idea how much is a good amount to have. I'm not doing any laundry until my regular shower which is still a few weeks away.

Yesterday my boss and I sat down and hashed out a plan for me returning to work post-maternity leave! That made everything seem really real!
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Options
    I'm washing everything.  And guess what- all my baby's clothes can be done in two washes- lights and darks.  I'm 33 weeks so I think the newborns and 0-3 month clothes will be good but I'll probably do the 3 months and beyond again once baby is ready to go into those.
  • Options
    I second you, @winnie1122! The hospital tour made it seem REALLY real!! Ours even included a lady far along in her birthing experience that could be heard as we walked the hall. I asked my husband what he thought about us just asking for a C-section!! I was going into this pretty confident but I am suddenly so terrified of the unknown.
  • Options
    @TiffRox81 I'm glad we were there on a quiet day...I didn't hear any terrifying noises! That might have just sent me running... I really wasn't nervous until that tour! 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    @sboston06 Depends on how much seasons change where you live. Baby might fit in his summer clothes in the winter or vice versa. I was due Sept. 1st with DD and someone got her a 6 mo. Halloween sleeper. She was born Sept. 12 and barely in 0-3 month by Halloween.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @TiffRox81 we had something similar happen during our hospital tour. Shortly after we got off the elevator a woman in active labor checked in and all of the women promptly got out of her way while the men all turned ghostly pale. We then heard a second woman laboring further down the hall.