July 2016 Moms
Options

S#!t just got real

Re: S#!t just got real

• Options
    @sboston06 yes, the next day. It almost felt like a hangover. It was awful. I was fine by the evening but it took awhile for the migraine to fully go away. I haven't gotten my results but I pray that I don't have to do the next level of testing. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    At my appointment the doc asked how I planned to deliver the baby (DD was an emergency c/s). Said that if I chose c/s again, it would be done around 39 weeks. I'm going to try for a VBAC. Here's to hoping my cervix softens this time around. From the sounds of it, the less intervention, the better my odds for a VBAC. 
    July BMB 2016 July siggy challenge

• Options
    I just made all of the rest of my appts for the entire pregnancy. Shiiiiiiiiit. 
  • Options
    Our two and a half year old has gone into a big bed and the crib has been put back to the top. Nursery is painted and the few tiny baby clothes are away. They're so small I can't even believe my other two were ever that little! 
  • Options
    @jlmartinez517 oh man.. I'm so excited for my shower (next weekend) but THAT I am not looking forward to. Especially because we just moved and our place is so awesome and cute and stylish and clean/uncluttered.
  • Options
    Exactly @rakel88 I mean, I tried to pick things in our house color scheme (grays, whites, tans...basically neutral farmhouse) but it still is just going to be too cluttered for my liking!
  • Options
    @givemepenguinss I guess that means my baby gets nothing until 2017! Haha jk but I agree - the downstairs of your home is what most people see and should be kept relatively clutter free if you can help it.
  • Options
    @Lindsayleigh1989  AH I am jealous, ours is closed to tours until end of May due to flu season. Did you learn any secret important tips or anything?
  • Options
    I HATE clutter and accidentally offended my MIL last pregnancy without even speaking to her. I think she was hunting for some larger items to buy for us and DH was telling her we really didn't want them (a big swing, a pack 'n play, a jumper or exersaucer, etc.). I didn't know the conversation occurred until she said something in front of mutual friends about not knowing if she was allowed to buy things for the baby. That being said, I've accepted some clutter for practicality's sake. DD's room is tiny since we live in a townhouse, plus if I ever want to get laundry, dishes, or cooking done, I need her downstairs so our living room is also a playroom. Several of our friends with one year olds have living rooms with glass vases, burning candles, no gates by the stairs. It's pretty, but I don't understand how they have any personal time. Our house is obviously a house with kids and I'm okay with it now. DD is very good at cleaning up her own toys at least and knowing where they go.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @pandaferh I have the same birth plan!
  • Options
    I just started thinking about how much it's going to cost to have two kids in daycare....ahhhhh the lowest I've found in the area is $405/week for two kids.  I think that comes out to about $21k A YEAR wtf! I guess I need to look into in-home daycare now.
  • Options
    rnyland1 said:
    I just started thinking about how much it's going to cost to have two kids in daycare....ahhhhh the lowest I've found in the area is $405/week for two kids.  I think that comes out to about $21k A YEAR wtf! I guess I need to look into in-home daycare now.
    OMG! Here I was stressing about $940/month for two kids in our area. 
  • Options
    @TattoosandLace we actually had to pay over 1k/month for one kid when my son was only an infant....seriously it's nuts around here.  I feel like my DS is doing great in daycare and learning so much, I'm really disappointed to have to take him out :(
  • Options
    @rnyland1 goodness! It's crazy how different the costs of things are in different areas of the country. 
    For LO it will be $125/week and DD is 1yo so she'll be $115/week. 
    The job I applied for is an administrative assistant job, so DH and I just wanted to make sure we wouldn't only be paying for fuel and daycare with my paycheck. 
    I understand that we want quality people watching our kids and that they have to make a living, but at the same time our family needs to be able to function financially too. 
  • Options
    @TattoosandLace It's generally around $190 a week here for infants. It hurts. So. BAD.
  • Options
    For full time daycare I'm looking at $1000-$1700 a month. We thankfully have a year to figure it out but the current plan is daycare three days a week to cut back the cost
  • Options
    @Lindsayleigh1989 sounds like a great hospital!
  • Options
    The average by me is about $180/weekly=$720/monthly. I've checked various daycare websites and we've toured a few. I also particularly viewed care.com to check other facilities and viewing these fees of only $120/week. They advertise the lower rate first but it's for older children usually ages 1-3.
    DH and I both work full time and he's starting his PT job tonight to get some extra income in. I'm SO looking forward to tax time for LO next year since ALL of that is going to his daycare FO' SHO! ;)  
    jodi
    whitehall, pa
    every adventure requires a first step- C.C.

• Options
    We'll be paying $240 a week for full time infant care.  Goes down to $215 when he moves out of the infant room (usually around age 1).  Goodbye morning coffee runs and lunches out during the work week.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • Options
    IB113IB113 member
    I'm reading this and feeling pretty jealous. In my area, daycare is 2600-3200/month. And the low-end places are pretty dingy.
  • Options
    When DD was an infant, we paid $330/week at a center. Now we're paying $175 for in-home. Found a center closer to the house that would take DD for $225/week which we're considering because I'm not much a fan of the in-home lady.
    July BMB 2016 July siggy challenge

• Options
    Cheapest place I've found with an opening is $380/week. Freaking out.
  • Options
    The center by my house is $300 a week for babies. I need to figure out my employment situation to try to find a cheaper in home solution. 
  • Options
    My moment is because we found our daycare provider for baby girl when I go back to work, and have scheduled an appointment to meet and greet with the pediatrician's office. 
  • Options
    The cheapest day cares here are $1250 a month for infants and you don't want your baby there. Decent places are $1400-$1500. I know because I used to work day care. My income was not worth putting my own kids in day care, so I'm happy to SAH now. Good luck to mamas that need to go back to work! Hope you find good care for your LOs.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I when into pre-term labour on Sunday at 26weeks. Shit got real when they admitted me to hospital and I had no stuff,  I hadn't even thought about a hospital bag phone charger etc and because they stopped the labour my other half was sent home so I stayed in on my own. Shit is very real!
  • Options
    @clairesmithtoy That is way too real!  I hope you don't have to go through that again till your babe has baked for longer
  • Options
    @clairesmithtoy woah! Glad they were able to stop it!!

• Options
    pandamonium20pandamonium20 member
    edited May 2016