March 2016 Moms
Options

*** The Official Random Thread of All Random Threads for March 2016 ***

Re: *** The Official Random Thread of All Random Threads for March 2016 ***

• Options
    @labacker Let's see if this works, I've never uploaded a picture from my phone before.
    CUTE!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Now that the crying has stopped for now, I feel the need to be a bitch.  That is all.

February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @charley15 gook luck I hope they figure out something for you
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @soxfan9968 lol yes he did get my permission. My only request was that he didn't put my face or name :\">
    I have actually looked into having the largest ones removed after this pregnancy since it is for sure our last but I'll wait and see just how much they fade. Like my husband so sweetly pointed out "it doesn't bother me at all but if they bother you too much I'll happily do whatever it takes to make you feel comfortable". It's not like I'm modeling or anything lol.
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • Options
    Yay, @red3ye and @labacker!! So glad! @labacker, I had partial placenta previa with my first. It moved enough for a vaginal delivery, but I'm with you, whatever gets them here! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    red3ye said:
    Just got back from u/s.. it's a boy and a girl, just as I had hoped. They are healthy and growing right on track. Yay for healthy babies! @kynbar5 I know how you feel. Both of my legs have them. @PinkSunglasses16 good for you! I am hoping to find one cheep to. I have dealt with the audio only ones and they are just not the same. So much more resuring to see your sleeping baby than to just hear a white noise.
    If you want to go cheap, go with a webcam and get an app for your phone.  We're talking like $50 compared with $200. 
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Options
    Has anyone else heard of how people can hack the feed on your video baby monitors? We were going to install some awhile back but I started hearing about that and quickly changed my mind. Do the webcams work the same way? As in, do you think people can somehow see everything?
  • Options
    I saw a news report on that. Gross creeps hacking into baby monitors and spying or a$$hole$ using baby monitors to scan homes for possible theft. :( which is why I was wondering the same thing about webcams... how easy are they to hack?

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Options
    That's why you have to use secure channel and make sure your network is secure.  People can hack those video baby monitors too.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Options
    @skruhmin thanks :) I'll be looking back into that. We definitely keep our network secure.
  • Options
    @skruhmin So would using a secure wifi network work to deter that type of activity? Or do you need to setup something more?

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Options
    skruhmin said:

Do you ever wonder how many lurkers vs regulars vs drive-bys we have on this board?  I swear I see so many people I don't recognize posting on the same annoying threads that keep popping up.  And it's daily.

I can only speak for myself but I mainly lurk with sporadic posting. I would love to be a more active member of the community, however, I tend to avoid posting in conversation threads as I don't know when I'd be able to return to them.

• Options
    @soxfan9968 this article might help answer your questions.  You absolutely have to secure your network.  And yes, it can be scary, but it's very easy to secure it.  https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2015/04/24/how-to-secure-your-baby-monitor/
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Options
    @skruhmin Ooooh so helpful! Thanks!!

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Options
    It feels so good to be HOME!!! My back was a little achy so as soon as I walked in I laid on the bed. My hips hurt more than anything...carrying around all this extra weight and sitting all day long is taking a toll on my hips.
    February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Soooo...having Braxton Hicks this time around. Didn't have them before, so it totally freaked me out at first.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    23 weeks today and totally forgot. Picked up a bad cold last few days and have been having a ton of anxiety over this 1 year old dog that they expect me to potty train in a week who was doing perfectly and then just gave up and peed while I wasn't looking. On top of that I'm being forced to work more with another potty training dog that I've told the owners what to do and they just don't want to and "aren't satisfied" I'm sorry you can't just throw money at me and expect me to completely change your dog and now he will be getting a free week stay with me. Ugh this plus my cold plus hormones basically made me feel like I was coughing up a lung. I seriously couldn't breath like when I had whooping cough a couple years ago. And just broke down into tears and coughing. Felt so bad for my kicking little guy. I probably was disrupting his sleep with all the coughing. Feeling better today thank god but just want to relax... of course now the dog finally knows how to tell me it wants to go outside to get a treat and wants me to do it over and over and over. Ok rant over thanks
    Welcome to potty training toddlers....remember this experience when it comes time for your kids....they will frustrate the crap out of you.  Feel better!
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Options
    So that post was a little late... lol. @kynbar5 sounds like you have a keeper :). I dont really remember the smaller contractions from ds. It was pretty much nothing and then suddenly horrible pain. I never had Braxton hicks with him. Yesterday, I might have been feeling some. Some pain in lower stomach, all over tightening, come and go in spurts. Went away though after about 15 minutes
  • Options
    @red3ye that would be BH.  Dealt with way too many of them with DS2 and knocked me in L&D a few times.  So far this nugget has been kind to mommy and they've been few and far between.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Options
    Thought so :) best of luck to you sweetie
  • Options
    What a nice hubby, @kynbar5!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    skruhmin said:
    Thinking about going as a smoker for Halloween.  I've got the coughing sound of COPD down pat.  Now if only Halloween wasn't last week ;)
    I've finally started getting some relief between round two of antibiotics and taking Robitussin Maximum Strength Nightime Cough DM.  Mine had become a cyclical cough (irritation leads to mucus leads to coughing leads to more irritation).  I'm still hacking from time to time but it's not the wheezing 10 minute ordeals I was having a few days ago; much more productive.  That, plus poise pads lol, le sigh.  
    For first time moms, I highly recommend if you splurge on nothing more for the pregnancy, to get a video monitor system.  There's nothing better than being able to see just what he's doing/how he's sleeping.  It was extra helpful when he started flipping onto his tummy to sleep, and even better when he has little nighttime crying spells now (is he sitting up? or is he lying down?).  
  • Options
    Grr. Just found out hubby will be traveling internationally every week this month except for Thanksgiving. Ask, he's going to my most favorite place in the world without me. Jealous. Boo to corporate travel!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    smushi said:
    skruhmin said:
    Thinking about going as a smoker for Halloween.  I've got the coughing sound of COPD down pat.  Now if only Halloween wasn't last week ;)
    I've finally started getting some relief between round two of antibiotics and taking Robitussin Maximum Strength Nightime Cough DM.  Mine had become a cyclical cough (irritation leads to mucus leads to coughing leads to more irritation).  I'm still hacking from time to time but it's not the wheezing 10 minute ordeals I was having a few days ago; much more productive.  That, plus poise pads lol, le sigh.  
    For first time moms, I highly recommend if you splurge on nothing more for the pregnancy, to get a video monitor system.  There's nothing better than being able to see just what he's doing/how he's sleeping.  It was extra helpful when he started flipping onto his tummy to sleep, and even better when he has little nighttime crying spells now (is he sitting up? or is he lying down?).  
    Yay for feeling better.  Mine is way worse at night when I'm laying down.  I finally broke down and bought Mucinex today...hopefully it will help tonight.  I'm just so sick of the damn coughing...and peeing...and coughing...and peeing.  Robutussin is hardly doing anything but I'm taking it for good measure in case it's the one time it does work.  I'm just thinking how can I do 2-4 more weeks of this stupid cough?!?  I'm going to go broke buying pantyliners!!  And all the dirty looks I'm getting from people around me thinking I'm contagious...don't mind me, you won't catch anything from me I promise.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Options
    @skruhmin you might try the Robitussin my DH found.  My other stuff (Delsym and another Robitussin) wasn't touching it, but with the antihistamine in this one, I'm actually getting some sleep and not wetting the bed profusely.  I couldn't even lay on my left side without starting to cough last week.
  • Options
    I just feel bad for my poor hubby.  4:30am is when the bad coughing fits happen.  I hear him sigh every time I cough.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Options
    This time change is screwing with me!! Ugh!! I hate it! It's dark out so my body thinks it's time for me to go to bed and I'm up at 5am... Grr...

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Options
    @soxfan9968 ME TOO! Every morning I've been waking up around 5:30 and I don't ha e to be up until 6:30. My body usually adjusts really quickly so I will just go ahead and attribute this to pregnancy lol.

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Options

This time change is screwing with me!! Ugh!! I hate it! It's dark out so my body thinks it's time for me to go to bed and I'm up at 5am... Grr...

I don't mind it in the morning since I get up before six anyway but the evenings? Man, it sucks. I just want to not do anything after like 5pm because it feels like it's 10pm and bedtime!

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    As scared as I was about the time change, DS has been going to bed earlier and actually *waking up later*.  Pretty amazing.  

Gotta hand it to Grey's Anatomy.  Tonight they had a cover of Nsync's Gone.  It was unrecognizable; I actually had to google the lyrics lol. 
  • Options
    Glad I'm not the only one! Lol

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage