March 2016 Moms
Options

*** The Official Random Thread of All Random Threads for March 2016 ***

Re: *** The Official Random Thread of All Random Threads for March 2016 ***

• Options
    Eww, just ew... His pic on the article somehow shows his lack of shame... Eww

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So my boss made an off-handed remark how I have been with this company for a decade (it will be in May).  Holy crapola that makes me feel old. 
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Options

Siggy test.....

I fully planned on shaming my Pomeranian - as every.single.time I do yoga, he poops on my mat immediately afterwards as if to tell me I shouldn't be doing yoga. Mind you, this is literally the only time he has accidents in the house. Maybe sometime this month I will complete my own dog shaming but for now this will do.

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Options
    Bahahahaha your siggy and your story make me giggle
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Options
    skruhmin said:
    Yeah I can't say that's accidentally happened to me and my husband in public as my children look on.  Even in my pregnant state.

This gif will never ever ever ever ever get old. I love Kristen Wiig Target lady so much. 

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Options
    I'd love to shame my dog but I don't think she knows the meaning of the word shame. She's the dog that smiles and proudly wags her tail every time she does something she's not supposed to.

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Options
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Options
    skruhmin said:
    Yeah I can't say that's accidentally happened to me and my husband in public as my children look on.  Even in my pregnant state.

This gif will never ever ever ever ever get old. I love Kristen Wiig Target lady so much. 
    It's so appropriate in so many TB scenarios.  :D
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Options
    Ugh is all I can say about this afternoon...
    February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Mmmm y'all, I just had a bowl of beef stew with a soft, warm, fresh, homemade yeast roll. :)
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • Options
    Love both Sylvia and Eleanor Rose. I wanted names inspired by Shakespeare as well, but hubby shot all of them down. :(

That article is really upsetting. What the hell is wrong with people. I can deal with the concept of getting frisky in public (not admitting anything) but in front of your kids?! That's beyond disgusting.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    A tarantula the size of Gibraltar came running towards me this morning at school.  What did I do?  Haul my pregnant self over a table and several chairs in the opposite direction!

Apparently I've turned into an absolute chicken this pregnancy.  And in reality, the spider was probably a smidge larger than a quarter, but holy bajeezus did it scare me.  Someone else had to go kill it.  At least they had the decency to agree it was huge.
  • Options
    smushi said:

A tarantula the size of Gibraltar came running towards me this morning at school.  What did I do?  Haul my pregnant self over a table and several chairs in the opposite direction!

Apparently I've turned into an absolute chicken this pregnancy.  And in reality, the spider was probably a smidge larger than a quarter, but holy bajeezus did it scare me.  Someone else had to go kill it.  At least they had the decency to agree it was huge.
    Not liking that you had to deal with a spider but because of how descriptive you were. ;)
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • Options

Y'all my husband just tried to die....

Our dinner came with a cookie for each of us, he ate his and then leaned in to take a bite out of mine. I was like WHAT THE F ARE YOU DOING DO YOU WANT TO DIE!?! He starts LAUGHING at me and says "I wasn't really going to bite it I just wanted to watch you get upset" SO YOU TRIED TO UPSET YOUR PREGNANT WIFE BY PRETENDING TO EAT HER COOKIE OKAY YEAH YOU WANT TO DIE

Yeah I don't think that's what he was looking for in all of that :))

Yeah my husband keeps stealing my tater tots at lunch. If I had a metal fork or knife he might be in trouble.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Options
    Thanks for the love guys! @cmerribury adorable! I want to pick out an out fit for the twins but dh wants to go and he is not feeling well enough to go anywhere
  • Options
    Um... Just got around to Bumping today... WTF??? Please tell me this is like the onion? Do you think she is sexual with her husband in front of her kids at home??? I'm disgusted. And it takes a lot to illicit that type of response form me when it comes to anything sexual.
  • Options
    smushi said:

I've begun thinking of lunch time as a challenge instead of a meal, apparently.  I went to Sonic for lunch today, and bought $10 worth of food.  And demolished it all.  I sat there looking at the last cheesy tater tot, in awe and slight discomfort...

I currently work at Sonic and it's really not that hard to order $10, especially since they keep raising the prices.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    SarahFoley725SarahFoley725 member
    edited November 2015
    I feel like this is all of us lately $57 lunch

https://youtu.be/YRM0zoB6LvM
  • Options
    Been eating marshmallows by the handfull, now I want a big pickle. My random moment.
  • Options

Tomorrow marks the first official day of our name bracket. We sent out our top 32 names and friends and family will vote on the ones they like best. Everyday 2 names compete. IT doesn't bother me that people don't like certain names, to each their own. We just think its a fun way to get everyone involved since we live so far away from friends and family. Everyone gets really into it. I need help anyways I have no boy names I really love.

I love the names Eleanor and Madeline. They would have been on the short list of this baby had been a girl.

This is actually pretty cool, but I wouldNT trust my friends and family to help with naming our child.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Options
    CecilB93 said:
    I've begun thinking of lunch time as a challenge instead of a meal, apparently.  I went to Sonic for lunch today, and bought $10 worth of food.  And demolished it all.  I sat there looking at the last cheesy tater tot, in awe and slight discomfort...
    I currently work at Sonic and it's really not that hard to order $10, especially since they keep raising the prices.
    It's usually hard for me to do that :) But man, it was a LOT of food.  A big coke, one of those new enormous chicken sandwiches, and a medium order of cheese tater tots.  That's a massive lunch.  I'm still not sure where I put it all.
  • Options

Tomorrow marks the first official day of our name bracket. We sent out our top 32 names and friends and family will vote on the ones they like best. Everyday 2 names compete. IT doesn't bother me that people don't like certain names, to each their own. We just think its a fun way to get everyone involved since we live so far away from friends and family. Everyone gets really into it. I need help anyways I have no boy names I really love.

I love the names Eleanor and Madeline. They would have been on the short list of this baby had been a girl.

Super fun idea! Are they allowed write in suggestions since you don't have a boy name you love? I find that boy names are so much harder. I had so many little girl names (both of those were on my list, too!) but our boy lists were always 2-3 names long. It took us forever to find Desmond for our first son. And even longer to settle on Malcolm for this one. Have fun with the bracket!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    smushi said:

CecilB93 said:

smushi said:

It's usually hard for me to do that :) But man, it was a LOT of food.  A big coke, one of those new enormous chicken sandwiches, and a medium order of cheese tater tots.  That's a massive lunch.  I'm still not sure where I put it all.

Well those new chicken sandwiches are about $6-7 by themselves rather than about $4-5 like any other sandwich. I think it's ridiculous how expensive they are, but they are a better quality of meat than the classic chicken sandwich! Plus I love the brioche buns, haha.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    We also have problems with boy names. We've had this problem ever since I was pregnant with our first, and luckily we had 2 girls and never had to deal with the boy name issue. DH likes the name John, but that's my dad's name and he's a jerk. So I'm not naming my son after him. He also likes the name Ernesto, but I hate it.

So we've finally decided to name the baby after DH, so baby will be Gustavo [Middlename] [Lastname] III. I'm not super thrilled with the name, honestly. Mostly because I really don't like the middle name. But DH was named after his father despite being the second born son, and then his brother had a stroke at age 10 and most likely won't ever have kids, so it seems like the right thing to continue the family legacy.

A couple of friends asked if we have a name when we told them we're having a boy, so I told them the story and no one said a thing. I guess silence is better than criticism, but still it kinda stung.
  • Options
    CecilB93 said:
    CecilB93 said:
    Well those new chicken sandwiches are about $6-7 by themselves rather than about $4-5 like any other sandwich. I think it's ridiculous how expensive they are, but they are a better quality of meat than the classic chicken sandwich! Plus I love the brioche buns, haha.
    Yeah, it was 5.99 I was surprised!  But McDonald's buttermilk chicken sandwich was the same price (and it was horrible).
  • Options
    @blueeyedrose86 That's exactly what I was thinking I'd call him as a baby, especially if he is a little chunkster like my other two were.

As he gets older we'll probably call him either Tavo or Tre (for tres).  
  • Options
    Boy names are so hard! I could name a hundred girls! Eleanor and Rose are both on our list! And Gus (for Angus) too! Nobody (family-wise) has like any of our kids' names with any of the pregnancies (or the names we ended up choosing), but IDGAF. I thought no this time we won't share name options with our parents. My mom is still upset we didn't find out the sex.
    Those 3D/4D scans don't bug me at all, but I really think you've gotta be like 30-32w before they are actually "cute." Otherwise there just isn't enough fat in the baby's cheeks and the face looks very skull/alien-like.
    So I went to Olive Garden yesterday. I finally got a slice of pumpkin cheesecake! Omg so freaking delicious. And talk about a lot of food. Before tip it was 36 and change! (Granted that was with a kid's meal too, but still.) I walked out of there looking completely full-term.

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • Options

This is actually pretty cool, but I wouldNT trust my friends and family to help with naming our child.
    Lol in fairness we tell everyone at the beginning that we take their perspectives into account, but will ultimately decide on the name. It is helpful sometimes to see how other people see different names.

On another note today is officially 7 days since Ds last ate a morsel of food. I am honestly having a really hard time holding it together. I want my happy energetic little boy back. I am so sick with worry I have been crying off and in all day. he has zero apetite. Says he wants nothing, he doesn't like any food anymore. I have tried every food he normally loves nothing! We saw the doctor yesterday and while he has lost almost 3 pounds (he will be 3 on Monday and is now 25lbs) all his labs came back normal, so she said to give it until Monday and bring him back. I just don't know what to do anymore.
  • Options
    @Stormiewinter sorry you're so stressed! Your poor LO, hope he is back to normal soon!! Hugs!!

@oceanchild you have to post that tshirt on every Ramzi thread haha

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker