March 2016 Moms
Options

*** The Official Random Thread of All Random Threads for March 2016 ***

Re: *** The Official Random Thread of All Random Threads for March 2016 ***

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kitteh81 congratulations!!!!! :)

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kitteh81 congrats on a healthy baby and welcome to team blue! :)
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    soxfan9968- Thanks! My mom sent me a picture of the flowers. They don't quite look blurple to me. (first picture is what I ordered and the second picture is what my mom got). I guess I didn't quite think one of my gifts through. Blue nuts... whoops. 
    kynbar5-Thank you! I was a little annoyed at first. I just keep reminding myself my mother knows we are having a boy and she has beauty flowers to enjoy. If I had known what she would have gotten when I ordered it, I would have gone with something else. 
    ecwk- Thank you!

• Options
    @kitteh81 welcome to team blue!

@Stormiewinter my little man loves pure sugar too...goes crazy whenever I have sweets. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

soxfan9968- Thanks! My mom sent me a picture of the flowers. They don't quite look blurple to me. (first picture is what I ordered and the second picture is what my mom got). I guess I didn't quite think one of my gifts through. Blue nuts... whoops. 

kynbar5-Thank you! I was a little annoyed at first. I just keep reminding myself my mother knows we are having a boy and she has beauty flowers to enjoy. If I had known what she would have gotten when I ordered it, I would have gone with something else. 
    ecwk- Thank you!

I'm only going to say this because I was a florist- I would still be annoyed. Those square glass vases come in many colors. The picture you picked for the arrangement, well, the blue vase is very much that obvious blue color. The vase they made the arrangement in is a purple one. The part that's aggravating to me is that if that florist didn't have the blue vase (which, sometimes they don't) they're suppose to call the person that made the order and ask if there's another color they would prefer. That is suppose to be done specifically for these reasons. You never know what someone is sending flowers for (unless it's on the card and obvious) so making sure the customer/s get what they pay for is important because flowers aren't cheap. Ok, lol I'm done. :)
  • Options
    kynbar5 said:
    Yay Friday and yay level 2 violation for NOT cussing. I guess when you quote people back to themselves but use their own words to prove them wrong (without name calling) it's somehow against the TOU. I'm really loving the way this site works! :-w
    Fight it... 

LFAF- Best Olympic Moments...  Jackie Joyner-Kersee

• Options
    @MrsLeanMeanClean I sent them 2 messages about it this morning because that one was seriously some bs. So hopefully they'll figure it out soon. I really would understand if I did something wrong but honestly, that one was uncalled for.
  • Options
    kynbar5 said:
    Yay Friday and yay level 2 violation for NOT cussing. I guess when you quote people back to themselves but use their own words to prove them wrong (without name calling) it's somehow against the TOU. I'm really loving the way this site works! :-w
    That's BS. Similar to my level 2 warning but I got mine overturned eventually. It did take a week or so and two messages from me so hopefully the same happens to you! I don't want you banned :( 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ecwk said:

kynbar5 said:

That's BS. Similar to my level 2 warning but I got mine overturned eventually. It did take a week or so and two messages from me so hopefully the same happens to you! I don't want you banned :( 

I don't want to get banned either! Especially over the comment that was reported! And the OP (which I'm pretty sure is who reported me) was doing all kinds of nonsense. Just annoyed about that one.
  • Options
    That's bs! Your comment was removed too! Which I don't understand because you didn't say anything out of line, other than quote her with a quote box.

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Options
    That's bs! Your comment was removed too! Which I don't understand because you didn't say anything out of line, other than quote her with a quote box.

Wait, @kynbar5 - your QFPed and got a warning for that??? Good lordy none of us are safe anymore.

michael jordan smh annoyed frustrated smdh

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Options
    So our stairway is 44" wide - one side is a wooden post, the other is drywall.  We really don't want to destroy the post with either pressure/hardware.  I saw this on facebook - has anyone ever done anything like this and it worked? 

https://simplykierste.com/2014/01/barn-door-baby-gate.html
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Options
    Haha, me either @sarafoley98 !

In which thread did this occur, @kynbar5 ? Or has it already been deleted?
  • Options
    skruhmin said:

So our stairway is 44" wide - one side is a wooden post, the other is drywall.  We really don't want to destroy the post with either pressure/hardware.  I saw this on facebook - has anyone ever done anything like this and it worked? 

I'm curious about that too. I love that idea!
  • Options
    kitteh81 said:

Haha, me either @sarafoley98 !

In which thread did this occur, @kynbar5 ? Or has it already been deleted?

3rd tri board 3D u/s
  • Options
    kynbar5kynbar5 member
    edited November 2015

Wait, @kynbar5 - your QFPed and got a warning for that??? Good lordy none of us are safe anymore.

That's what confused me. I QFP and then I basically said everything she did. But corrected her.
    ETA- this is what I said-
    This^ is actually the first comment I've read that does indeed sound "ridiculous". Reality check: they're done a limited amount of times to indeed make sure there aren't problems with the baby or mother. NOT to find out the sex, to get a good picture or go 3D so you can see what he/she will look like when in a limited amount of time you will deliver said baby and get all of those answers you so vainly want. If you would realize this then you wouldn't say "unnecessary things" and have some "common sense". Also, rude much? :-q
    ETAA- the things in quotations are the things she was saying. Her post was much more rude than mine.
  • Options
    kynbar5 said:

That's what confused me. I QFP and then I basically said everything she did. But corrected her. ETA- this is what I said- This^ is actually the first comment I've read that does indeed sound "ridiculous". Reality check: they're done a limited amount of times to indeed make sure there aren't problems with the baby or mother. NOT to find out the sex, to get a good picture or go 3D so you can see what he/she will look like when in a limited amount of time you will deliver said baby and get all of those answers you so vainly want. If you would realize this then you wouldn't say "unnecessary things" and have some "common sense". Also, rude much? :-q ETAA- the things in quotations are the things she was saying. Her post was much more rude than mine.
    I have been so busy at work this morning with grades due today- I'm gonna have to go check this thread out...
    February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

All I can say @kynbar5 is Dafuq? Geez.

• Options
    OMG speaking of 3D ultrasounds they did part of my second A/S in 3D. They didn't give us any warning I was like WHAT THE HELL IS THAT. Mom of the year over here.
    They better not do that with mine or I'll make them move the screen away. I draw the line at seeing my baby's face.  I want to know the sex, but some things need to be kept a surprise.

• Options

OMG speaking of 3D ultrasounds they did part of my second A/S in 3D. They didn't give us any warning I was like WHAT THE HELL IS THAT. Mom of the year over here.

That happened to me too! I would've appreciated a heads up about the 3D portion. Me and DH were hoping see baby's face for the first time at birth. Now I know baby has DH's bulbous nose! Lol (it looks cuter on baby!)

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I got a 3D scan of DS1 - it was during our check to see if the placenta previa resolved itself at 28 weeks.  And It actually wasn't creepy at all - if you compare it to him sleeping right now, you can definitely tell it's the same kid.  I actually have it hanging in my office at work.  But the tech asked if we wanted to have it done since it was easy to switch. 
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Options
    skruhmin said:

We didn't do a barn door, but we did zip tie ours up (we had a brick wall on one side and a metal railing on the other). So on the brick side my hubby wedged in a piece of 2x4 and that's what we drilled into. On the metal railing side we zip tied. It worked really well. It was a pressure gate (the kind you have to turn the knob on to tighten...heh heh, knob) anyway, we had to check it periodically because it would occasionally shift slightly and need to be moved back and tightened...but that was usually after our 75# bulldog plowed into it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Wow I'm hungry today :( 1 hour until lunch
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Options
    I know, me too. I had my egg sandwich and an oversized bowl of yogurt and I'm STARVING...I have to get lunch out, but nothing is appealing to me, either. Pregnancy problems.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    That Philly Cheesesteak and Fries are sounding amazing right now (must need the iron, right?)...I have my lunch planned out at the cafeteria.  I just need time to fast forward!
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Options
    smount2011smount2011 member
    edited November 2015

I'm feeling much better emotionally today.  Although my under arm is still very sore and I think its getting worse.  I'm beginning to think its not an abscess but a big cyst.  That may be why my other one hurt so bad because it was a deep cyst and not an abscess like I thought.  But the nimrods at the ER where I went just take my word for things and drained it like it was an abscess (all my discharge paperwork said abscess).  I know a cyst can turn into an abscess but that is usually when it becomes infected.  This one is not yet.  Its a very hard lump that rolls around but it hurts to even touch it.  I hope it goes away on its own- if not I'll make the nurse do something next week.  I'm not going back to that stupid ER.