April 2014 Moms

Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

Re: Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

• I know someone that named her daughter Ckiley. Not as bad as the ones mentioned above, but bugs me all the same.
    Wtf, how do you pronounce that @tasha575?!

Just like Kylie. She wanted a unique name. 8-|
    Jimeny fuckin Christmas, there's a huge difference between being unique, and being Yooneek. HOLY HELL.
    No, there is a huge difference between being unique and being stooopid. Lord love a duck...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @dani+california Is that the BOB Revolution in Plum? I'm getting the same one!

2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • poru said:

Tasha575 said:

Yea, who with BIRL?!?! I'm jealous

Woah! Sorry! Didn't see all the questions! @poru @KatieGummow and @LittleLady77 and I. We've already decided to order the whole menu and share everything. 

Proof of the bumpfest brunch. Guesses who is who :))

Wow!!! I'm SUPER flattered that everyone who guessed, guessed me correctly! Either I've described myself really well on here, or I post waaaaaaaay too many pictures of myself. ;;)

It's the pictures! Haha but not way too many!
  • A friend of mine gave me brand new pre folds that are a bigger size.  Are there different ways to fold them to make them work in the beginning?  Do any of you have links that can guide me on folding? 

@Colleenswerb I know you sent me a link a while back, do you think any of those folds can be modified?

BabyFetus Ticker

• I'm listening to music on my phone while my husband is doing homework because I hate the sound of his typing. I hate most tappy noises.

Anyway, I got an iTunes gift card for Christmas and would like some suggestions because my list is little and sad, and I need some new stuff! Please and thank you. :)

Here's some of my current list so you can know what to recommend based on that:

Aaron Watson, Andrew WK, Bob Marley, Boxcar Racer, Brad Paisley,
    Casting Crowns, Chris Brown, Cody Johnson, Collective Soul, Curtis Grimes, Dave Barnes, A Day to Remember, Ellie Goulding, Fall Out Boy, Flo Rida, Flogging Molly, Foster the People, Fun., Hot Chelle Rae, Iron & Wine, Jeremy Camp, Josh Turner, Justin Timberlake, Kanye West, La Roux, Lady Gaga, Matisyahu, Matt & Kim, Mumford & Sons, OK Go, Pixies, Rihanna, Sherwood, The Starting Line, Straylight Run, TI, Voxhaul Broadcast, Weezer.
    February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3
  • So I finally unpacked our stroller. One of our cats loves being pushed around on a computer chair so naturally she loves the stroller! We pushed her all over the house...she's our practice baby!
    Is it OK if I hate you a little??
    :((

• fireflygirl12fireflygirl12 member
    edited January 2014
    Mamamonzo said:

A friend of mine gave me brand new pre folds that are a bigger size.  Are there different ways to fold them to make them work in the beginning?  Do any of you have links that can guide me on folding? 

@Colleenswerb I know you sent me a link a while back, do you think any of those folds can be modified?

@mamamonzo, it really depends on the size of your baby, but you *should* be able to fold it down in the back and use any of the folds. It will be bulkier than using a newborn size though. You also need to make sure that it fits completely inside whatever cover you are using so that you don't end up with wet clothes. This YouTube video shows the basic folds:

I definitely think that jellyroll is best for newborn poop, and I personally like to tri-fold in a cover once it becomes more solid. IMO, it's just a lot easier to not deal with snappis if it works for you My favorite covers for that are the Blueberry Capri's because they have a little pocket on each end that you can stick the pre-fold into. They are a little pricier, but have great re-sale value.
  • edited January 2014
    SLSchuerg said:
    I'm listening to music on my phone while my husband is doing homework because I hate the sound of his typing. I hate most tappy noises. Anyway, I got an iTunes gift card for Christmas and would like some suggestions because my list is little and sad, and I need some new stuff! Please and thank you. :) Here's some of my current list so you can know what to recommend based on that: Aaron Watson, Andrew WK, Bob Marley, Boxcar Racer, Brad Paisley, Casting Crowns, Chris Brown, Cody Johnson, Collective Soul, Curtis Grimes, Dave Barnes, A Day to Remember, Ellie Goulding, Fall Out Boy, Flo Rida, Flogging Molly, Foster the People, Fun., Hot Chelle Rae, Iron & Wine, Jeremy Camp, Josh Turner, Justin Timberlake, Kanye West, La Roux, Lady Gaga, Matisyahu, Matt & Kim, Mumford & Sons, OK Go, Pixies, Rihanna, Sherwood, The Starting Line, Straylight Run, TI, Voxhaul Broadcast, Weezer.
    @SLSchuerg Based on your current list, I'd check out Teegan and Sara, Switchfoot (LOVE them! Hello Hurricane is an epic album, but really, every album is awesome.), The Bouncing Souls, Amberlin, The Classic Crime, Postal Service, Coldplay, The Naked and Famous, Macklemore (very album is good, start to finish.), My Brightest Diamond, The Xx, and Adelle. Seriously, how do you not have Adelle? 

• @BiggerinRealLife I've heard of half of those artists but just don't have any on my iTunes list. I like Adele, but I don't know if it's enough to download any of her music. (Hope that's not blasphemous. :-O) I don't know why, but I'm really apprehensive to check out an artist past their hit singles! I guess I just don't want to be disappointed. But thank you for all of your suggestions! I'll let you know what I end up liking/buying. ;;)

• Megczapla said:
    @katieharpiceland holy crow!!! That's an expensive stroller! Is it made of gold?! ;) Sounds like you want to order from America, maybe you should just do it. Would shipping kill you on cost?

@megczapla I t would still be cheaper even with the shipping and 25% VAT tax they add. I probably will end up doing it :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker mean_girls_35345
  • edited January 2014
    SLSchuerg said:
    @BiggerinRealLife I've heard of half of those artists but just don't have any on my iTunes list. I like Adele, but I don't know if it's enough to download any of her music. (Hope that's not blasphemous. :-O) I don't know why, but I'm really apprehensive to check out an artist past their hit singles! I guess I just don't want to be disappointed. But thank you for all of your suggestions! I'll let you know what I end up liking/buying. ;;)
    @SLSchuerg You can sample a lot of people's stuff on YouTube, or by making a Pandora station off of an artist. Or Spoitfy.

• Irritated

So

Irritated tonight :-q
    September Siggy Challenge: What I Sing in the Shower: Little Mermaid "Part Of That World"image

• @BiggerinRealLife I know.. But it just take so much time and dedication! :((

• Also, I'm awake at 5am because I had a dream I stayed in a hotel that Marilyn Monroe stayed in, and her ghost made the shower attack me. Not a huge MM fan and I don't believe in ghosts. Scary dream though!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker mean_girls_35345
  • Um Olivia Wilde on the Golden Globes looking like a pregnant mermaid goddess :x
    September Siggy Challenge: What I Sing in the Shower: Little Mermaid "Part Of That World"image

• DH and i did a bunch of errands tonight.  i convinced him to go to red robin for dinner (WIN!) and we ran into a friend i haven't seen in a year.  she proceeded to attack my stomach and then told me how drunk she was. it was really hilarious.  she told me all about how she's thinking about maybe possibly becoming a doula.  she's very much typical 21 of these days and stated "yeah, i'm not really sure what i want to do with my life".  she did a year of (expensive) music school, worked in a pre-school, sold makeup at macy's, and i'm not sure what she does at the moment. anyway, it was really funny to chat with her so drunk.

when DH and i got home i finished my nursing cover- and i'm IN LOVE. can't wait to wash it and see how the dye looks!!! it has a realistic butterfly pattern on it and it was black and white. i'm dyeing it orange so the monarchs look like actual monarchs.

then i hemmed my new jeans 4 inches because i'm  a shorty and they've been dragging all day.  i am too tall for petite, but too short for regulars. agh!  they are perfect now.

DH is putting together bookshelves, which we really needed. maybe THIS will be the week we finish unpacking... (we've lived her since september)

tomorrow is my GTT! so thankful i don't have to drink the drink! i love my midwife...

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
    April 14 August Siggy Challenge- "This time last year.."
  • Welcome @Vinny424!

• pineconey said:
    DH and i did a bunch of errands tonight.  i convinced him to go to red robin for dinner (WIN!) and we ran into a friend i haven't seen in a year.  she proceeded to attack my stomach and then told me how drunk she was. it was really hilarious.  she told me all about how she's thinking about maybe possibly becoming a doula.  she's very much typical 21 of these days and stated "yeah, i'm not really sure what i want to do with my life".  she did a year of (expensive) music school, worked in a pre-school, sold makeup at macy's, and i'm not sure what she does at the moment. anyway, it was really funny to chat with her so drunk.

when DH and i got home i finished my nursing cover- and i'm IN LOVE. can't wait to wash it and see how the dye looks!!! it has a realistic butterfly pattern on it and it was black and white. i'm dyeing it orange so the monarchs look like actual monarchs.

then i hemmed my new jeans 4 inches because i'm  a shorty and they've been dragging all day.  i am too tall for petite, but too short for regulars. agh!  they are perfect now.

DH is putting together bookshelves, which we really needed. maybe THIS will be the week we finish unpacking... (we've lived her since september)

tomorrow is my GTT! so thankful i don't have to drink the drink! i love my midwife...
    FFSC: I suck at sewing. DH sews my buttons back on my shirts for me.
  • @medic99 YOU ARE THE LEADER!!! you're number one in points right now! woohoooo!

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
  • pineconey said:
    i would just like to say that we saw a rutabaga at the store today- it is definitely smaller than a cauliflower. who the hell made these fruit/veggie decisions anyway?!
    I saw a cauliflower at a grocery in Indianapolis that was HUGE! I mean well bigger than any pineapple I have ever seen! I think the people who make those decisions are on crack...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Vinny424 said:
    @fireflygirl12 you should see if there is a sewing shop in your area and take classes. It's an awesome skill to have! As a sewing teacher I might be biased though ;)
    Na, I'm not very interested and I figure no point since I can just have DH fix my stuff. :) I've never been very crafty, it's just not me I guess.
  • I got kicked in the belly while trying to give DH a little oral affection. Talk about distracting!!

Also, not having to work for the foreseeable future makes me realize I need more books or something to keep me occupied. After all, I can only re-watch Downton Abbey episodes so many times. I've started working my way through The Tudors and Rome again while I wait for Game of Thrones Season 3 to come out. I think I need a new hobby haha!
  • A Bump GTG sounds like so much fun. Anybody else in WA out there??

Portland OR.. Close enough!
    We need a Pacific Northwest GTG

• I'm in WA!

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
  • What the what, really?! NW GTG!!
  • I'm on the east side.

Now's a really good time to ask, because it's mainly PST people on now. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"