April 2014 Moms

Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

Re: Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

• I'm east side too! (Of the mountains)

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
    April 14 August Siggy Challenge- "This time last year.."
  • East side Seattle
  • Loading the player...
  • Whomp whomp.
    I'll hang out here in the desert by myself.

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
  • Heading to bed, but we'll have to figure out a GTG soon.
  • jbug88 said:
    Whomp whomp. I'll hang out here in the desert by myself.
    I love that Washington has so many different climates !! Do you ever come over to the west side? We go over to sun lakes in the spring to go camping; although probably not this year. ;) And I love me some Yakima fruit stands.
    rarely. when we go west we usually choose portland.

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
  • pineconeypineconey member
    edited January 2014
    aviola329 said:
    I think I'm going to have to ask my doctor for something to help me sleep. I've been able to keep my mind off everything during the day but at night i lay here and feel him move and the fear and anxiety set in, thinking about the worst and what the amnio results could show. I cried myself to sleep in DH's arms last night and I'm well on my way to that again tonight. I'm not going to be able to function like this for another two weeks. Sorry for being such a debbie downer :(
    hugs!
    benadryl?  it usually helps me....

ETA: it's also the only "real" medicine i've taken while pregnant.

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
  • edited January 2014
    aviola329 said:

I think I'm going to have to ask my doctor for something to help me sleep. I've been able to keep my mind off everything during the day but at night i lay here and feel him move and the fear and anxiety set in, thinking about the worst and what the amnio results could show. I cried myself to sleep in DH's arms last night and I'm well on my way to that again tonight. I'm not going to be able to function like this for another two weeks.

Sorry for being such a debbie downer :(

Aw, honey. You don't need to apologize. I've got Pregsomnia up the wazoo and it's the least fun thing ever. And you have way more to fret about than I do. I hate when all those mental demons come out to play at night. ZzzzQuil really has helped me. It's benedryl in a different packaging, dosed to help you sleep. I don't get fabulous sleep on it - I never do well with drug-induced sleep - but I am able to conk out and rest. Even if it isn't as rejuvenating as it could be, it's better than staying up and listening to my thoughts spin. Pre-baby, Melatonin was my go-to for insomnia, and it's way more natural and I got GOOD sleep on that. I don't know if it's ok for pregnancy though, it's a homeopathic supplement.....hmmmm, something to ask my doctor about, as I could use a non-medicine sleep aid myself.

Take care hon! I'll pray for you to get some good Zzzzzs soon. :)
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • edited January 2014
    I let DH hit the sack early tonight cause he was exhausted, and took care of bedtime duties for the munchkin (which includes snuggling on the couch with a cup of warm milk, then a story, then rocking and cuddling in the glider in his room until asleep). I was SO excited to get DS to bed quickly so I, too, could get some extra sleep since I'm also pretty beat (LOOOOONG two-year-old-tantrum-filled day of joy). Needless to say, the boy fell asleep on me whilst drinking his milk, and I dozed off with him. I just woke up from the couch after 3am, and put the kid to bed. Happily, I'm in my nice warm comfy bed, but now I'm wide fuckin awake. Oy.
    Anniversary
    RTT badgeDSCN1111  Isla
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • YOu guys, my baby is not going to have a name. I am so jealous of all those who already have this nailed down. 13 weeks and counting....

Same for us. We have nothing.
  • I'm not even mad that I'm awake right now because this is litterally the only time I have to myself before DD wakes up.
    photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • I just dropped my entire cup of coffee on the bedroom carpet. Not a great start to my day.

CafeMom Tickers

• Well, I woke up about an hour ago to my husband yelling in pain because he GOT STUNG BY A SCORPION! :| I was throwing back the sheets trying to figure out what bit/stung him, and I started bawling when I saw it was a scorpion. I didn't really know much about them and kept asking if we needed to go to the ER.

We're staying with an older couple we go to church with since we're in town for my husband's classes, and the lady woke up to see what was going on. She gave me a magnet that had the alleged poison control center number, which turned out to be a rewards hotline. I won a Bahamas cruise just for calling, y'all. <:-P Right.

Anyway, Googled the correct number and found out they're typically harmless. He took some Advil and seems to be okay. A few minutes after he was stung he sweetly said, "I'm just glad it was you and not me. --I mean, me and not you." :-?

So, that's how my morning has started. :-bd
    February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3
  • Oh, and here's a pic of the little bugger!

• @jellysparkles I think I'd rather take a bear in this case too! I don't think it could've sneaked into bed with us as easily.

Haha @dani do you mean The Scorpion King? I just checked though - no sign of The Rock here! ;)

• edoliesmomedoliesmom member
    edited January 2014
    Brendan Fraser is in The Mummy, but I didn't think The Rock is. I know there was a second movie, but I'm not as familiar with that one. I just figured scorpion... The Rock, The Scorpion King. :-?? Those all may be terrible contributions to Hollywood, but I regretfully admit that they all hold a nostalgic place in my memory. :\"> Except the Biebs. No thank you.

I just IMDb'd it. It is dani+california

• Just scheduled my son for a CT scan tomorrow afternoon..dreading it! How do you get a 23 month old stay still for it? Luckily that'll be my husband's job while I sit in the waiting room
  • YOu guys, my baby is not going to have a name. I am so jealous of all those who already have this nailed down. 13 weeks and counting....
    Same for us. We have nothing.
    Neither do we.  I had a dream last night that I had the baby and was freaking out a little because we had absolutely no names.  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • Tferr02 said:

Just scheduled my son for a CT scan tomorrow afternoon..dreading it! How do you get a 23 month old stay still for it? Luckily that'll be my husband's job while I sit in the waiting room

Tell him to sit still because he's entering a rocket ship?
  • Tferr02 said:
    Just scheduled my son for a CT scan tomorrow afternoon..dreading it! How do you get a 23 month old stay still for it? Luckily that'll be my husband's job while I sit in the waiting room
    I remember being at children's hospital and the little ones getting a tranquilizer pill so that they stay still. Do they not do that?? That's going to be tough!!
    BabyFruit Ticker mean_girls_35345
  • SLSchuerg said:

Well, I woke up about an hour ago to my husband yelling in pain because he GOT STUNG BY A SCORPION! :| I was throwing back the sheets trying to figure out what bit/stung him, and I started bawling when I saw it was a scorpion. I didn't really know much about them and kept asking if we needed to go to the ER.

We're staying with an older couple we go to church with since we're in town for my husband's classes, and the lady woke up to see what was going on. She gave me a magnet that had the alleged poison control center number, which turned out to be a rewards hotline. I won a Bahamas cruise just for calling, y'all. <:-P Right.

Anyway, Googled the correct number and found out they're typically harmless. He took some Advil and seems to be okay. A few minutes after he was stung he sweetly said, "I'm just glad it was you and not me. --I mean, me and not you." :-?

So, that's how my morning has started. :-bd </p>

I would never sleep again! Terrifying!

• Tferr02 said:

I remember being at children's hospital and the little ones getting a tranquilizer pill so that they stay still. Do they not do that?? That's going to be tough!!

Nope no tranquilizer pill that I know of, the neurologist told us we could give him some pain meds to make him sleepy. Glad my husband will be the one in there and not me! He normally listens better for daddy anyway...daddy is cooler.
  • Bored with another calamity day off from work, so I hid a GlynnCoco reference on the board ;-)
  • Omg.. granola waffles, peanut butter and honey. Aaaamazing. 
  • FFMC- I secretly LOVE the glucose drink! It tastes like strong kool-aid to me.
  • Vinny424 said:

FFMC- I secretly LOVE the glucose drink! It tastes like strong kool-aid to me.

I just drank mine. It was lemon lime and like a flat sprite. I chugged it like a frat boy in 30 seconds no problem and it tasted good!!!
    That was me too! I had fruit punch flavor. It reminded me of the fruit punch at summer camp!
  • my glucose test isn't the drink- i have to eat 2 eggs, 2 pieces of toast with butter, orange juice, milk (subbing cheese instead) then go get tested in 2 hours.

*sigh* our icemaker has been broken for a week and DH has attempted to fix it about 4 times. i keep asking him to just call the apartment maintenance to come work on it and he insists every time that "this" is the time it's actually fixed.

it's not. it's not fixed. it's still very broken and i'm THIS close to ordering ice cube trays on amazon...

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
  • edoliesmomedoliesmom member
    edited January 2014
    J&NL I've been trying to sleep for the past two hours, but I don't think I ever actually dozed off. I think I was psyching myself out because I kept feeling random shooting pains over my body. The lady of the house kept saying things like, "I bet you wish this was your last night here," and "I bet you wish you could go somewhere else huh?" In my head I was like "YES! Get me out of here!" But she felt so bad that I didn't really say anything. lol

@TallaB Thanks, I think he's feeling okay. He was able to put his shoe on without any discomfort, and he even said it just feels numb now. I guess that's a good thing.

@Jessieann1020 I didn't either! There was a church camp I used to go to, and one of the first things they would tell us is to watch for scorpions in our dorms. They were low quality, old dorms, but the house we're in is pretty nice. I never expected scorpions to be able to find their way in here! Hopefully we can sleep peacefully tonight. :-S

• Mamamonzo said:
    Peanut was a total jerk today. Head down facing my back! They had me on my head,upside down,thumb in my ear, saying the alphabet backwards trying to get a face picture... Nothing! Stubborn child! He's measuring at almost 30 weeks I'm 28 weeks on Wednesday. Short legs and huge belly! Still got a chunker on my hands!! The best news is......... No more cervical checks!!!!! We can have sex once a week and I can do yoga! All restricted activities have been lifted!!!!!! Wooo hooo! They still say I won't make it to 40 weeks but we're officially out of the woods!!!
    Sooooooo happy to hear this @mamamonzo!! :)
  • Sweet baby Jesus do I miss sleeping on my stomach. Possibly stupid question-sometimes I accidentally 'flamingo' sleep...half on my stomach, half on my side, one leg brought up close to me and the other straight down. The baby usually wakes me up, kicking and wriggling until I move. Should I be avoiding this position? I feel like I'm crushing it and it's like 'OH GAWD GET OFF ME HEIFER' and I get momentarily worried when I wake up.
    I do the same thing and usually end up tipping back of my stomach a little - mostly because its hard to sleep while baby is repeatedly punching me. But, I really don't think its harmful...I would assume its mostly just easier to feel baby in that position because its pushing you further in. Baby could just move up an inch!

Did any of that make sense??

• Sweet baby Jesus do I miss sleeping on my stomach.

Possibly stupid question-sometimes I accidentally 'flamingo' sleep...half on my stomach, half on my side, one leg brought up close to me and the other straight down. The baby usually wakes me up, kicking and wriggling until I move. Should I be avoiding this position? I feel like I'm crushing it and it's like 'OH GAWD GET OFF ME HEIFER' and I get momentarily worried when I wake up.

I sleep the same way... Do you prop a pillow under you?

BabyFetus Ticker

Possibly stupid question-sometimes I accidentally 'flamingo' sleep...half on my stomach, half on my side, one leg brought up close to me and the other straight down. The baby usually wakes me up, kicking and wriggling until I move. Should I be avoiding this position? I feel like I'm crushing it and it's like 'OH GAWD GET OFF ME HEIFER' and I get momentarily worried when I wake up.

I was just wondering this exact thing at 4 am this morning.

Same here! I miss it so much. I do the same thing too but it usually doesn't last long because he will kick and roll until I roll over. The best thing I could find was laying halfway onto my pregnancy pillow so that way most of the pressure is on my side and not the middle of my belly. It still doesn't last long though.
  • Mamamonzo said:

Don't judge me... This may sound really dumb! If baby is head down... Doesn't all the blood rush to their head?? How uncomfortable!

Eh, they kinda float around in there...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"