April 2014 Moms

Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

Re: Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

• Just requested my transcript from my University. When asked why (not sure why they need to know) the girl laughed and said "for REAL!??". Everyone I've told thinks its hilarious. I mean, the NSA probably knows all about my discharge/pooping habits/eating habits from this board, and all about my distaste for certain conductors of classical music from Facebook. You would think the United States could figure out if I lived in the country for 5 consecutive years or not. 
    BabyFruit Ticker mean_girls_35345
  • Just made an appt for a new ob/gyn..am I crazy? Haven't been happy with the one I've had..I've been missing my old dr, but he was a perintalogist and did regular ob/gyn care. This past week though when I was worried about pre term contractions, which I'm at a very high risk for pre term labor, no one seemed concerned. There are 4 drs and a midwife in the practice, and I really don't think that half of them have ever looked in my chart and seen all my medical problems. Hoping this one is better..
  • Loading the player...
  • There are 95 old people ahead of me in line. I have to get my blood drawn within the next 30 min. This place doesn't take appointments.
    Hoping I make it....

Also- my feet started swelling last night. I know I'm getting to the point where it's "normal" (28w) but it's still stressing me out.

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
    April 14 August Siggy Challenge- "This time last year.."
  • @Tferr02 good luck with the dr change!
    Mom to 10 year old DS and 7 year old DD. Twin girls coming soon!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • MegJ17 said:

@Tferr02 good luck with the dr change!

Thanks!
  • Mmmm acid reflux and cheese

Oh my! =P~
    September Siggy Challenge: What I Sing in the Shower: Little Mermaid "Part Of That World"image

• OK, opinions. I know, vaccinations, UGH. TDAP is not normally given here to mothers in their third trimester. My midwife said she had never heard of it being done. They have at most one case a year here, but, part of me just wants to get it anyway to be extra safe. Should I just ask for it at my next appointment?? When do you guys normally get it??
  • OK, opinions. I know, vaccinations, UGH. TDAP is not normally given here to mothers in their third trimester. My midwife said she had never heard of it being done. They have at most one case a year here, but, part of me just wants to get it anyway to be extra safe. Should I just ask for it at my next appointment?? When do you guys normally get it??
    They told me to get it on the early side of my third trimester, instead of later in the third trimester.
  • OK, my next appointment is at 28 weeks. I probably have to go to my regular doctor to do it since its not standard practice, so, I'll just decide to do that sometime next week or the week after :-)
  • Dammit, let myself get over 300 posts behind on this thread again. Hope I didn't miss anything too juicy :)
  • pineconey said:

GTT complete. I got cut in line by another pregnant lady doing her 3 hour.
    I cried my eyes out at the poke. So nervous that I'll fail and have to do the 3. The thought of having 5 draws in a row makes me want to pass out.

DH took me to Starbucks after, then dropped me off at work. I'll be useless for the rest of the day...

I was convinced that I would fail. So was my dr. There is a ton of diabetes on both sides of my family and he thought that would make me more likely to have GD. But I passed! Fingers crossed for you that it all went well!
  • GTT complete. I got cut in line by another pregnant lady doing her 3 hour. I cried my eyes out at the poke. So nervous that I'll fail and have to do the 3. The thought of having 5 draws in a row makes me want to pass out. DH took me to Starbucks after, then dropped me off at work. I'll be useless for the rest of the day...
    I cried too! I cry every time I get my blood drawn. I have tattoos and no one understands that it's not the same! The nurse rolled her eyes at me.
    The lady that draws blood always raises her eye brows at me cause I tense up and look away. No matter how many times she sees me she ask "and how many tattoos do you have"? I answer...not enough!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker      

CafeMom Tickers
  • I started classes for semester this morning, and I am sooo happy to be back in school!
  • @AprilMay9 I have been wanting to get that subscription! How do you like it? Does your pup actually like what's given in the box?
  • SLSchuerg said:

@jellysparkles I think I'd rather take a bear in this case too! I don't think it could've sneaked into bed with us as easily.

Haha @dani do you mean The Scorpion King? I just checked though - no sign of The Rock here! ;)

Is that what it's called? All I know is Brendan Fraser is a terrible actor and Canada's awful contribution to Hollywood. But we made it up to you guys with Justin Bieb-wait.

Okay Avril Lavign....no.

Keanu Reeves...shit.
    @dani+california You LITERALLY just listed off all of my least favorite people in Hollywood. Grrrrr.
    It's a good thing I LOVE me some Bryan Adams.
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • Ok this is NBR... I keep finding my 2 yr old DD with her hands down her pants and/or making humping jesters. Is this common or something I should be worried about? I know they reach a stage of curiosity, I am just worried she has seen something she shouldn't have. I don't remember my 14 yr old DD going through this. 

CafeMom Tickers
  • Ok back to work :( we have 30 people waiting in line!
    :((
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    BFP#2 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14 Birthday : 4/10/14 Adalyn Nanette :)
    BFP#1 6/29/12 LTMC 10/20/12 (20 weeks) induced delivery 10/22/12
    Pregnancy Ticker

• ColleenSwerb Thank you, I find her laying somewhere quiet and doing this. Usually it is us at home. I just wasn't sure what to think, she is usually at daycare but has been home this last week, I wasn't sure if she was getting this from other kids or what. 

CafeMom Tickers
  • I just painted a second coat and the outer boarders of the bottom half of the nursery. This is going to take for freaking ever to finish and we pretty much have to repaint all of the trim white again, as well as some spots on the ceiling. The previous owners painted the room this ugly peach/ orange color and they did a shitty job so there are spots to cover. I wish I could just pay someone to finish it! 
    photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • We have a realtor coming tonight to check out our house and give us an idea on price and any ideas for improvements, but this means the house needs to be clean.  Including our secret rooms we never use EXCEPT to store everything to make our house appear clean when normal people come.  Isn't everyone allowed one junk room in their house?  I want to cry because I feel like we are disgusting people and I'm mortified just thinking about her (or anyone ever) seeing it, but seriously-there is nowhere to put it.  It's boxes, and junk that is trash but won't fit in our trash bin so there are literally zero places for it to go. 
    =((
  • Bored? Read some awesome amazon reviews for one of the most completely ridiculous baby products I've ever seen!

• We have a realtor coming tonight to check out our house and give us an idea on price and any ideas for improvements, but this means the house needs to be clean.  Including our secret rooms we never use EXCEPT to store everything to make our house appear clean when normal people come.  Isn't everyone allowed one junk room in their house?  I want to cry because I feel like we are disgusting people and I'm mortified just thinking about her (or anyone ever) seeing it, but seriously-there is nowhere to put it.  It's boxes, and junk that is trash but won't fit in our trash bin so there are literally zero places for it to go. 
    =((
    I just cleaned out our garage because at first the nursery was the "junk" room and then I moved it all to the garage. I broke down all the boxes and stuffed the trash in the trash can, then took all of it to a recycling center. It really made the garage look a lot better. 

Or maybe you could get some storage bins to use instead of the boxes and then stack them neatly. That way it looks "cleaner" and more organized. 
    photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • 6th grade orchestra concert tonight, I'm a horrible mom because I really, really don't want to go...but I'm going to anyway. Here's hoping it's quick.
  • katieharpiceland said:
    Bored? Read some awesome amazon reviews for one of the most completely ridiculous baby products I've ever seen!

Not going to lie. I kinda want one but in adult size...for me. Hands free wooooo!
  • pineconey said:

GTT complete. I got cut in line by another pregnant lady doing her 3 hour.
    I cried my eyes out at the poke. So nervous that I'll fail and have to do the 3. The thought of having 5 draws in a row makes me want to pass out.

DH took me to Starbucks after, then dropped me off at work. I'll be useless for the rest of the day...

I cried too! I cry every time I get my blood drawn. I have tattoos and no one understands that it's not the same! The nurse rolled her eyes at me.
    It's totally not the same!! I get the same eyerolls because I'm literally covered (sleeves, hands, neck, chest, next to my eyes) but my nurse now totally gets that I'm not being dramatic, that I have a vasovagal (sp?) response and its not the same and there's nothing I can do about it but tell them beforehand they need to lay me down. One more reason I love my OB's office.
  • kcp913 said:
    Am I the only weirdo not out buying tons of clothes and such for my baby? Cuz I have bought only one outfit so far, mainly cuz I have been given sooooo many hand me downs for her. It's not that I'm not excited, I just keep thinking of all the other things I need to have before buying the fun stuff.
    I was the same way with my son. I got sooooo many handmedowns, and I still buy a ton of stuff from the baby consignment store. I am going to splurge on a new take home outfit for this baby since everything else will probably come from his brother.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"