April 2014 Moms
Options

Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

Re: Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

• Options
    kcp913 said:

Am I the only weirdo not out buying tons of clothes and such for my baby? Cuz I have bought only one outfit so far, mainly cuz I have been given sooooo many hand me downs for her. It's not that I'm not excited, I just keep thinking of all the other things I need to have before buying the fun stuff.

Hell no! Literally the only thing (clothing wise) I've purchased is a hat and booties set from WOAC. Aside from that I have the layette set I received from the onesie exchange. The families I sit for already told me they're packing up lots of clothes once I find out gender plus my sisters keep yelling at me not to buy anything until after the shower they're throwing. Anything I purchase so far is for the nursery or gear.
  • Options
    kcp913 said:

Am I the only weirdo not out buying tons of clothes and such for my baby? Cuz I have bought only one outfit so far, mainly cuz I have been given sooooo many hand me downs for her. It's not that I'm not excited, I just keep thinking of all the other things I need to have before buying the fun stuff.

Nope, I'm the exact same way. She already has about 30+ outfits, 4 pairs of shoes and a couple sets of bows between handmedowns and my MIL splurging whenever she gets the chance. After my baby showers, I don't think I'll need to buy her any clothes until she's a year old. Not exaggerating.
    February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My neighbor is also due in April. She said she's getting an u/s at her 28 week appointment (she said she has no complications - it's just standard routine at her OB office). Whaaat? Is anyone else getting one this month for routine purposes?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I wish I had my yarn and crochet hook right now. I don't have class until 7. I could totally be crocheting in my car right now

I am doing that right now. My son had to be here at 6, concert doesn't start until 7, i'm working on this blanket every chance i can :)
  • Options
    aviola329 said:

I really do not want to be at work right now. Between the regular Monday crap the stress from this weekend is exhausting me and I'm so freakin distracted. I don't know how I'm going to function until we get our results.

On another note, I sorta turned to dr google, and found a name for what baby Tommy has, though diagnosis and cause etc still waits on the amnio and follow ups....the enlarged lateral ventricles is called "ventriculomegaly".... I hate that my baby has something with a name. :(

*hugs*

• Options

My neighbor is also due in April. She said she's getting an u/s at her 28 week appointment (she said she has no complications - it's just standard routine at her OB office). Whaaat? Is anyone else getting one this month for routine purposes?

I'm getting one at my next appt. I'll be 29 weeks. The only reason I'm having one is because I'm a Diabetic and they need to monitor her size. I think he said I will be having frequent ultrasounds until delivery, maybe every two weeks.

• Options
    I'm the only full time staff person in my office right now. Everyone else went to a united way meeting that wasn't necessary for me to attend.
    Good thing DH has the car or I would totally go home right now. Also, good thing I've been crazy productive today so I don't feel guilty at all about bumping..,

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
    April 14 August Siggy Challenge- "This time last year.."
  • Options
    Is anybody in here part of the FB group? When was it even started? I'm hesitant to join if there are a bunch of people on there who don't even post on the bmb anymore. But maybe I'm just a little paranoid.
  • Options
    Ok totally prepared to get flamed for this but I stupidly used google:

I was overweight before I got pregnant and sick in the beginning so I lost a little. Recently I was finally gaining. Dr said not a huge deal. All of a sudden this past week I've been losing everything I gained. So I google and web md and the bump say to call my dr if I suddenly lose weight.

Should I call? I mean when I originally talked to him about it back in the beginning he said losing weight wasn't a huge deal and he's had woman lose weight the whole pregnancy. I'm just paranoid something is wrong bc I was gaining like I should. Am I nuts and should just shut up?
  • Options

Is anybody in here part of the FB group? When was it even started? I'm hesitant to join if there are a bunch of people on there who don't even post on the bmb anymore. But maybe I'm just a little paranoid.

I'm just not interested, what's the point in having the same group here in another group on Facebook. Wouldn't it be a bunch of duplicate posts?

• Options

I was overweight before I got pregnant and sick in the beginning so I lost a little. Recently I was finally gaining. Dr said not a huge deal. All of a sudden this past week I've been losing everything I gained. So I google and web md and the bump say to call my dr if I suddenly lose weight.

Should I call? I mean when I originally talked to him about it back in the beginning he said losing weight wasn't a huge deal and he's had woman lose weight the whole pregnancy. I'm just paranoid something is wrong bc I was gaining like I should. Am I nuts and should just shut up?

Are you feeling movement and stuff still? No cramps or bleeding? I think it's fine... My friend ended up losing 40 lbs during her pregnancy when it was all said and done and the doctor was never concerned! Baby was and is totally healthy and 100% awesome.
  • Options

Call just to be safe! I think it can be a sign of GD.

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
    April 14 August Siggy Challenge- "This time last year.."
  • Options
    Yeah I have felt her more this week than I ever have!

I passed my 1 hour. But I didn't know that could be a sign. I'll call in the morning.

Thanks for the feedback ladies!
  • Options

It is at my office - I'm going on 1/28 for my 28w appt & for my GD test, and since there's an hour in between my doc was all "well do the ultrasound then! woo!" Lol.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

image  image image

• Options
    All I can literally tolerate eating lately is apples with peanut butter and raisins. So good, but now i'm out of apples :/
  • Options
    I'm so mad! Finally got my package from Motherhood Maternity after three weeks of waiting, and nothing works! Either it's too small (leggings and pants), wrong color (pants), just looks bad (all the tops), or feels incredibly cheap (sweatshirt). And I decided to try and get a plus-size bathing suit so I can start doing swimming and water aerobics, and there's no WAY my boobs are fitting into the tea cups their plus-sized suit provided. I looked like a bad pregnant pin up.

This is my first foray into real maternity clothes; so far I've been making it work with tops and just had to buy maternity pants. But my regular tops seem to be shrinking in length, so I've been trying to get some tops before I have to go to work nekked.Is this all there is? Cheaply made and poorly fitting maternity wear?
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • Options
    fireflygirl12 I honestly think this "Secret" facebook group is comprised of those that could't handle the truth here...lol. I am in a birth month group on there and have gotten close to a few ladies that are having preterm issues. I like it here though and feel closer to all the lovely ladies in the RTT!

CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    cfthoct292011cfthoct292011 member
    edited January 2014
    Total TMI but pregnancy farts are really long and unavoidable I found this out the hard way today! Oh and the smell is really bad. Also heartburn is sooooo uncomfortable and when baby is not moving all the gas in my belly is. Why do they not tell you this??!!
    My Alice in Wonderland Baby Shower 3/30/2014
    Instagram photo by sassijae - Baby shower time... #laylascoming #sisterinlaw #aliceinwonderland #teaparty #cantwaittilltiffgetshere

October 30, 2011
  • Options

I'm so mad! Finally got my package from Motherhood Maternity after three weeks of waiting, and nothing works! Either it's too small (leggings and pants), wrong color (pants), just looks bad (all the tops), or feels incredibly cheap (sweatshirt). And I decided to try and get a plus-size bathing suit so I can start doing swimming and water aerobics, and there's no WAY my boobs are fitting into the tea cups their plus-sized suit provided. I looked like a bad pregnant pin up.

This is my first foray into real maternity clothes; so far I've been making it work with tops and just had to buy maternity pants. But my regular tops seem to be shrinking in length, so I've been trying to get some tops before I have to go to work nekked.Is this all there is? Cheaply made and poorly fitting maternity wear?
    Oh, honey! Online maternity clothes shopping sounds like a nightmare, I had to try on like, 10 pairs of maternity jeans before I found any that worked, I can't imagine trusting the interwebs to send me clothes that don't make me wanna cry!
  • Options
    Yikes! I just got a bunch of leggings and tops from Motherhood in the mail today--clothes that I ordered for work, ironically. I hope they fit!! My last pair of pre-pregnancy black drawstring pants are starting to get holes in the thighs from being worn every day.

I have no idea what my body will look like after the baby comes out, but OMG will I be happy to shop at Lane Bryant again where I can find tall, plus size pants that fit!!
  • Options

I'm getting one one Friday but it's to check on a possible amniotic band :(
    FTM to Drake born 04/19/2014
    8 lbs 7.6 oz 21 Inches

• Options

Ugh, that sucks.  I would be frustrated too!  It is sooo hard to shop for clothes online, maternity or not.  But it has to be even worse trying to find maternity clothes online because sizing is so random.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • Options
    Whew! DH just got home and asked if I'd done my pregnancy exercises I'm supposed to start doing every day. Nope! Of course I'd forgotten. So I start doing them, and my body feels so weird now! I haven't exercised other than walking since finding out I was pregnant, which is unusual for me, and I had no idea how different trying to start things now would feel! Most of the exercises I have to do are yoga-based, which I thought would be easy for me. I can't even hold a boat-pose any more with my big ol' pregnant belly! Glad I'm starting now, because my old plan of trying to start squatting again while contracting was obviously not going to work. Yeouch!
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • Options
    Mamamonzo said:

Eija3014 said:

One of my Facebook friends that I went to HS with is naming her son Braiyden X_X Why are AT LEAST 50% of the names I see people naming children unbearable?

People are fucking stupid. Everyone has to be a unique and precious special snowflake from the moment they are born. ::gags::
    We're naming are son PLucas..... The p is silent. Isn't that precious!? ;)
    The silent "p" is for precious. Duh.
  • Options
    @birl I have been doing prenatal yoga since the beginning of the second tri and I still can't squat! I'm in trouble!
  • Options
    michaelad3michaelad3 member
    edited January 2014
    So far my favorite maternity tops have honestly come from Ross. They might be cheap, but they are comfortable and fit well!

Edit: tops not tips!

Photobucket imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"