October 2018 Moms
Options

Crazy Judgement from others

1234568»

Re: Crazy Judgement from others

• Options
    @SweetSweetTooth
    I'm in the same boat. I know they mean well when they say it, but I don't care for it. 

I also kind of have to get used to the idea of "mom" in general so that may be why I feel uncomfortable when I hear it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @nikimelon to me Mom isn't so bad, but I cringe at mama. But that name is reserved for me to be used by our kid, not random people and friends. That is what annoys me! 
  • Options
    Same. It's a weird thing to hear.
  • Options
    @knottieamusements I get that EVERY time we see MIL. She knows they're coming early so she says how cool it'd be to have them on her birthday!? And FIL add or my grandfathers birthday! The day before MILs... like no.. no it wouldnt be cool at all. Thanks.
  • Options
    There's a gentleman that works in the cafeteria that calls me Momma, but it really doesn't phase me one bit. I talk to him fairly regularly about my kids and he's seen me throughout all my pregnancies, so there's enough history there that it doesn't seem weird to me.

I can't believe this is my third pregnancy and I haven't gotten any off the wall comments or unsolicited touching to date. I either have really good RBF, am unapproachable, or I'm just straight oblivious/obtuse. Maybe some combination of the three? I've gotten a few surprised responses when people I know ask my due date, but I know I look about the same size as I did when I had DD, so it doesn't surprise/offend me that people are using previous experience to gauge the current situation.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Honestly the mamma thing doesn’t bother me at all. I guess if it was some creepy dude who said it all the time I might find it weird..
  • Options
    On the few jobs I worked when I just found out I was pregnant a couple of the guys started calling me mama, it didn't bother me at all but I've also gotten a lot of the typical pet names before that and those didnt bother me too much either as long as I wasnt getting like creepy eyes with it