October 2018 Moms
Options

Crazy Judgement from others

Saw this on Nov18 and snagged it. I thought it would be fun. Maybe this will have to become a every month or every other month thread as I am sure it will get worse as we get further along! 
I bet we have all been judged or questioned for what we do while growing our tiny humans, and it's impossible to be "perfect" for everyone so...I thought this would be a fun place for everyone to share and vent about the most ridiculous things they have been judged for while pregnant (or as parents).

Re: Crazy Judgement from others

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had a family party this past week and I was expecting comments about my belly. nothing. expecting comments about me drinking diet soda. nothing. expecting comments on eating hot dogs. nothing. expecting comments at DH for sitting on the couch when I was sitting on the floor... ok FIL commented on that one! DH had offered me the couch and I took the floor so I didn't slouch as much! 
  • Options
    @knottieamusements huh. So how did they expect you to swing that?

@nasalot188 gross. Seriously, deeply gross. I hope someone said something.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    @DunkinDecaf That made me lol.  I guess it's only funny when its not your relative...
  • Options
    @SawyerRichardson yeah she’s a crazy one. Makes up crazy stories, is habitually rude to anyone who has married into the family, particularly my MIL which makes me ragey because she is an angel. Also apparently used to make gross comments to H when he was a teenager and pinched his butt a couple times, which he was understandably pretty freaked out about. She’s a strange one.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @DunkinDecaf That's just gross! 
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Options
    KFrob said:
    The only real judgement we've gotten was from DH's ex who questioned how we're going to afford another baby.  Which is making me ragey just thinking about.
    Aren't ex's fun... The night SS told his mom I was having a baby she texted me "Congratulations! I've been praying for you!". I laughed SO HARD, because I know it was fake and forced.

When DH told his ex he was having a vascetomy reversal her response was "Oh. You want more kids? Good luck with that." 
  • Options
    @KFrob  Why is ex in the picture or making any comments at all???? You are a better woman than me!  I'd have a whole lot to say about her being involved in my marriage and punch her in the nose for unwanted comments!
  • Options
    @DunkinDecaf -

Agreed with @britvahok - that is pretty disturbing. 

As for mine- I just practice my unwanted advice response- that’s good to know, will take it under advisement, did you get a piece of cake?

@melopoly - I got a script down really quick to make sure it was perfectly clear that this was my choice.  A lot of people were taken off guard because I also am not in any recognizable relationships.  
  • Options
    @mommy2ane my MIL was judging me because I still had DS1 rear facing at 8 months or "looking backwards" (as she called it.) I had to inform her about so many things that have changed since the 70's/80's about raising kids. 

Some people are judging me because of the spacing of DS2 and this LO and if this pregnancy was planned. DS1 and DS2 are 5 years apart and I got questions then about whether my pregnancy was planned.
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Options
    @KFrob  Why is ex in the picture or making any comments at all???? You are a better woman than me!  I'd have a whole lot to say about her being involved in my marriage and punch her in the nose for unwanted comments!
    Unfortunately, that's the joys of being a step parent... 
  • Options
    @KFrob I figured there were kiddos involved.  Well kuddos to you and all other step parents!  Hopefully they have a healthy co-parenting relationship but sounds like she needs to learn some boundaries about when to open her mouth!!! 
  • Options
    @britvahok it’s so ridiculous!!! Luckily, it’s now law in California to rear face until 2 so I’m not getting the same looks/comments with E. But she is sooo tiny that I think I’ll keep her rear facing past 2 so I’m sure I’ll get comments then. 
  • Options
    So far the only judgement I've gotten is from MIL, the weekend we went to visit and told her she immediately started trying to make me "eat for two" but giving me cake and ice cream and stuff like that. I tried to explain that I'm really only supposed to eat 300 extra calories a day and she got all offended "I was a nurse, I know what you can have, blah blah blah" 
    She hasn't been a nurse of years and gets offended when anyone disagrees with her about anything
  • Options
    KFrob said:
    The only real judgement we've gotten was from DH's ex who questioned how we're going to afford another baby.  Which is making me ragey just thinking about.
    Aren't ex's fun... The night SS told his mom I was having a baby she texted me "Congratulations! I've been praying for you!". I laughed SO HARD, because I know it was fake and forced.

When DH told his ex he was having a vascetomy reversal her response was "Oh. You want more kids? Good luck with that." 

I really want to know what my SS's mom said. He mentioned that she made a comment about me being pregnant after I tagged him in the announcement on FB, but he claims he doesn't remember what she said after the fact. She's got my SS, a SS of her own, and an 18 month old, so she doesn't have room to judge me for having a third kid.

Only judgment I get is from my boss when I've needed days off because of cramping. And I'm fairly certain everyone watching me is judging me right now because I fell and hit my belly on the steps last night and I'm cramping so bad, but I refuse to leave work.... for the above mentioned reason regarding my boss. Can't win.

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    I've been fortunate that I haven't received any judgement or comments about my pregnancy. 

However... @knottieamusements I was told about 5 years ago by an older gentleman that women who have kids shouldn't work because it's better for the kids if the mom stays at home. Like WTF?? I didn't know what to say then, just did the "smile and nod" thing. There is no right or wrong answer regarding being a SAHM or a working mom. Either choice is great, and in both ways you are providing for your child. I've had a couple of engineer friends who have said they want to be a SAHM after they have kids, and I know plenty of working moms as well. Why do people need to make things so black and white?? 
  • Options
    @chopchop25 ummmmm well I do feel like I became 80 and senile...  :D 1st tri was not kind to me!!
  • Options

@jellybelly114Good for you standing up for your job. You are right - you know it better than your MIL. My husband and I both work in the aerospace industry as well and he's an engineer. There are plenty of practices in place to ensure you are safe and it sounds like you will be speaking up to ensure they are followed.

Thanks for mentioning the name thing. We also aren't sharing the name until after baby is born. We haven't told anyone that's what we're doing yet but I'm going to prep myself for the complaints lol. I love that our family and friends are excited and I've been happy to share a lot, but this is the one thing we want to keep to ourselves.

Me: 33 DH: 31
    DD: 10.13.18
    baby #2 due: 7.14.20

• Options
    @sarahzett about the name thing, we always tell people that we’re still in negotiations!
  • Options
    I’m bouncing names off of a couple of close friends who I know won’t say something inappropriate.  But I also am not giving anyone the short list of possibilities.  Middle name is pretty much decided, but first name probably won’t be finalized until Blast is here.