October 2018 Moms
Options

Crazy Judgement from others

Re: Crazy Judgement from others

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My own mom said the typical “are you sure there’s not another one hiding in there??” I did get wayyy bigger the last 2 weeks but hey, thanks Mom! 
  • Options
  • Options
    My mom is annoying the shit out of me. Since she found out I was pregnant  (Friday) after NOT congratulating me, she's been ranting to others about how big I am and that I must be further along than I admitted. Then she goes on to send this lame ass passive aggressive text to our whole family about how there are "secret pregnancies" in the family. Wtf lady?! This is why I didn't bother sharing from the start.
  • Options
    Ugh sorry you're dealing with that @ummibtihaj. She sounds like the worst.
  • Options
    ^ This
  • Options

I hate that people try to shame mothers in particular regardless of the choice they make.
    This.  
  • Options
    Power to all the stay at home parents out there. I love my kids to death, but I am not cut from that cloth. If either one of us were going to SAH it would be DH. He’d be an awesome SAHD and would get way more sh*t done around the house than I ever would. Plus it took me two University degrees to get where so am (shockingly the Drama Major didn’t do a lot for me...) and I love my job. 
    Im with you, I’d like to work 80% maybe, but if we had a SAH parent, it would totally be Dh.
  • Options
    We talked about DH staying home. We need his income though
  • Options
    @nasalot188 literally me. I get told that all the time. Which makes sense, because I haven't actually gained weight (also having a long torso helps hide the bump). I brought my lack of weight gain up to my OB a month ago, and he wasn't super concerned and said he usually sees pretty big babies in women who didn't gain a lot or were sick a lot. Baby takes what they need!! Sometimes I do worry about it, but I'm assuming since I'm not starving myself, and I'm still able to work out, etc, I'm probably doing ok.