May 2017 Moms
Options

Symptoms, symptoms, and more symptoms!

Re: Symptoms, symptoms, and more symptoms!

• Options
    @Cubslove12 How long has it been going on for? Wouldn't hurt to call your Dr. I don't think you need to worry, but maybe its the real deal presenting itself in its own way! Can you talk through it?
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @Cubslove12 my contractions only ever felt like menstrual cramps from hell. If they go away with water and rest it's nbd. If it continues/gets worse I would call.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My head is killing me. I'm thinking it's allergies, because there is no way I'm dehydrated. I'm super annoyed. 
  • Options
    My head hurts too @bacorrea :( I think there is a storm coming and the pressure from that usually gives me a headache. 

I'm currently trying not to fall asleep at my desk. I keep getting up every 1-1.5 hrs to go pee or just to get up because seriously, I might fall asleep. So...tired...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    @ShadeofGreen816 Glad you feel better. Are you done with finals?
  • Options
    @ShadeofGreen816 CONGRATULATIONS! That's huge! I hope you're celebrating!!
  • Options
    I waited to call the doctor, I knew if I called they'd bring me in and I don't want to waste sick time. This cramping is too consistent, I feel, to be anything serious yet. I'm wondering if she is just super low. There's been no other signs, I took a bath and that helped. She's still moving so I'm not too concerned yet. 
  • Options
    Congrats @ShadeofGreen816!!!
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • Options
    @ShadeofGreen816 congrats! How exciting to finally be done!

Does anyone else get a feeling in the groin muscle shooting down to their knee like a pulled muscle or the start of a cramp? Is this a form of RLP or just torture?
  • Options
    @absbubbs I get something similar. It's in my groin, but doesn't go down to the knee. I can't decide if it's a muscle spasm or a pinched nerve? I don't know, but it literally makes my leg stop working. I've had to catch myself mid-stride many times. And sometimes it does it when I'm just sitting down, too.
  • Options
    @absbubbs and @starphish18 I've had a very serious pain in my right groin that shoots down my leg, makes me unable to walk/stand. I talked to my friend who is a physical therapist and we decided together it was likely the baby pinching my femoral nerve. This is a pic of the femoral nerve, you can see it runs down the leg (into the saphenous nerve).
  • Options
    @jayandaplus That would make sense. I thought it was muscle at first when it started happening, because it was pretty quick. But then, it's gotten worse over the past couple weeks and will last a bit longer. Like you mentioned, it's really painful, but also causing a weird tingly numbing feeling in spots. So yeah, a nerve makes more sense.
  • Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    @ShadeofGreen816: A huge congrats to you, Ms. NP!!!
  • Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What an achievement!! @ShadeofGreen816
  • Options
    Thanks for the love ladies! I didn't mean to hijack this thread!  <3
  • Options
    Hijack away @ShadeofGreen816! Congrats NP!

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    @ShadeofGreen816 woooot! That's fabulous! Congratulations!! 
  • Options
    Congrats @ShadeofGreen816!!! What an accomplishment! You must feel great being done!

• Options
    Congrats, @ShadeofGreen816!!!

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    @nda_roxybabe How are your wrists?
  • Options
    Has anyone else not "dropped" yet? I'm 38w3d and I definitely haven't felt that "lightening". I actually thought my bra was getting too tight but I think it's just my uterus is so high.  I hope this doesn't mean I'm going to go way over my due date.
  • Options
    kat81kat81 member
    Has anyone else not "dropped" yet? I'm 38w3d and I definitely haven't felt that "lightening". I actually thought my bra was getting too tight but I think it's just my uterus is so high.  I hope this doesn't mean I'm going to go way over my due date.
    My second child never dropped, I don't think. So don't worry about it. In fact I thought this one wouldn't drop so I DID worry when the baby dropped (because it was way too early to deliver) but I was reminded that #1 also dropped 3-4 weeks prior to delivery.

Long story short, it's fine to drop or not drop, and it doesn't have much predictive power as to when you will deliver, if at all.

• Options
    clebl24clebl24 member
    edited May 2017
    @absbubbs and @starphish18 I've had a very serious pain in my right groin that shoots down my leg, makes me unable to walk/stand. I talked to my friend who is a physical therapist and we decided together it was likely the baby pinching my femoral nerve. This is a pic of the femoral nerve, you can see it runs down the leg (into the saphenous nerve).

Sorry for double quote, dang mobile bumping.  
    I'm experiencing the same pain in my left side.  I mentioned it to doctor and she agreed that baby is probably on a nerve.  The pain comes out of nowhere and stops me in my tracks.  

Congrats @shadeofgreen816. I'm so glad you and @jayandaplus are in our May 2017 group.  You guys have been a wealth of info.  

Edit typo and to try to eliminate double quote
  • Options
    Jens_HoesJens_Hoes member
    edited May 2017
    So I feel weird. I can't really explain it.  Ever since mid afternoon yesterday the top of my stomach has really been bothering me.  Her butt is in my ribs area, so the area is sore to begin with because she pushes so hard.  Nothing has helped me with the pain (lying down, drinking more, changing positions, walking, etc).  I had a SUPER hard time sleeping last night because of it.  Today it continues.  When she pushes more on me it hurts worse, but it feels like it's always there.  I currently feel a little light headed & shaky, but I'm eating lunch now and hoping that helps. My next dr's appt is tomorrow at 11am. 
    I don't want to call and cry wolf, but this pain is constant. 
    Any thoughts?
  • Options
    Jens_Hoes said:
    So I feel weird. I can't really explain it.  Ever since mid afternoon yesterday the top of my stomach has really been bothering me.  Her butt is in my ribs area, so the area is sore to begin with because she pushes so hard.  Nothing has helped me with the pain (lying down, drinking more, changing positions, walking, etc).  I had a SUPER hard time sleeping last night because of it.  Today it continues.  When she pushes more on me it hurts worse, but it feels like it's always there.  I currently feel a little light headed & shaky, but I'm eating lunch now and hoping that helps. My next dr's appt is tomorrow at 11am. 
    Any thoughts?
    Hmm :/ It cant hurt to call... Could it maybe be close to go time? I know a lot of people say they just feel "off" and can't quite put their finger on it. This baby loves sticking their butt (or foot) in my ribs too and yesterday I got a lot of discomfort/ stretching feeling, but I think it was just some dropping happening.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @chocolatelemons my boss told me this morning that it looks like he dropped...I think he may have over the weekend because I swear I kept having that "lightning" feeling, plus at my appointment Monday they said he was really really low. I'm 37+4 today...good to know it may not mean anything yet @kat81

• Options
    @Jens_Hoes The top of my stomach has been sore for a couple of weeks now too. I think it's the top of my uterus making my skin rub together. But if it's making you that uncomfortable, along with the shakiness, I would probably call.
  • Options
    @shadeofgreen816 congratulations!
  • Options
    vrj0522vrj0522 member
    Jens_Hoes said: 
    Any thoughts?
    I feel like you are describing the way I felt for a week or so before I went into labor. I am sorry that you are not feeling well. When do you have your next appointment?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    vrj0522vrj0522 member
    @ShadeofGreen816 - congrats! 

@chocolatelemons - I never had lightning crotch with either of my first two kids. This time I did yet the day before I went into labor someone commented on baby still sitting high. I tend to carry that way and have never looked like baby dropped. I wouldn't give it too much thought as it doesn't really indicate anything. Also it's very normal for babies to float down and up right until labor.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    clebl24clebl24 member
    TMI, but I've been blessed with regular poop my entire pregnancy!  Can loose stools be a sign that labor is coming soon?  I always had loose stools right before my period.  The ticking time bomb in me is over analyzing everything.  
  • Options
    @clebl24 Yes, I've heard loose stools or diarrhea can be a sign of impending labor, but again, not specific in timeframe. Thank you for the compliment.
    @nda_roxybabe Glad your wrists are better!
    @Jens_Hoes Maybe it's BH? I'd drink tons of water and lay on your left side and see if anything changes. It doesn't hurt to call, but I suspect it's either BH or baby in an uncomfortable position for you. Hope it gets better!

• Options
    Earlier I had probably 30-60 seconds of pain very low. Felt a lot like RLP but didn't go away as fast as I'm used to RLP going away. The rest of my uterus felt soft though. So is that what contractions feel like? Or was it some weird RLP?
  • Options
    kat81kat81 member
    Earlier I had probably 30-60 seconds of pain very low. Felt a lot like RLP but didn't go away as fast as I'm used to RLP going away. The rest of my uterus felt soft though. So is that what contractions feel like? Or was it some weird RLP?
    30-60 seconds of pain does sound like a contraction. But RLP doesn't sound like a contraction. A soft uterus doesn't sound like a contraction.

Contractions feel like menstrual cramps, or more painful versions of braxton hicks contractions. The whole uterus is hard, and usually the pain isn't as localized to a particular spot, such as being "very low." Granted, I'm still pregnant so I haven't done this in a while. Maybe someone who just did it can chime in. :smile:

I have, though, had a lot of fake contractions in the past few weeks (braxton hicks but more uncomfortable like regular labor), and I'd say again that the timing sounds like what you describe but the rest of it does not.

• Options
    @kat81 I agree that real contractions feel like very bad menstrual cramps. And once they get really strong I liken them to a charley horse or leg cramp throughout your abdomen. Wow, this gets me super excited to go through it all again  :#