May 2017 Moms
Options

Symptoms, symptoms, and more symptoms!

Re: Symptoms, symptoms, and more symptoms!

• Options
    36 weeks and noticing a decrease in discharge. I don't remember this with either of my previous pregnancies...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    @sweaterboots: It sounds like good practice  ;)
  • Options
    Woke up in the MOTN feeling extreme pressure & some pain in my pelvis. I don't know if he was "locking in" or if he just took a look down lower than usual, but it was so noticeable I laid awake for about an hour breathing through it and just paying attention to it in case it intensified. Ultimately fell asleep and feel somewhat normal today so who knows! But in the moment I was like hmmm...
    Same thing here sometimes, I think it's also practice?  I've had also period like cramping always around the same time for almost a week, I'd get out of bed and bounce and do some exercises on the exercise ball we have in my rm. It always seemed to help, then I'd be able to fall back asleep. 

Who would have thought birthing ball(exercise ball) is amazing! :D
  • Options
    What is with the nausea today? COME ON. 

May '17 labor memes
  • Options
    I'm right there with ya @jens_hoes and @Yiggle09 miserable and pooping like crazy! Not feeling great this morning and keep having to run to the bathroom. i'm having some mild cramping kind of stuff going on and my back is a little sore, but really when isn't it? I have an u/s and weekly OB appointment this afternoon so I'll talk with her about it then and probably find out more info...bleh

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    Jens_Hoes said:
    Is misery a symptom?  :s
    If it's not, I feel like it should be.

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17
  • Options
    Ugh I'm here to commiserate with you all - 

Seriously uncomfortable, feet started swelling yesterday morning, hips still seriously effing hurt and heart burn that just won't quit... 36 weeks and 3 days... c'mooon kid
    DS Born 1/12/13 - Molar Pregnancy 3/2014/D&C 3/2015 - EDD with Baby #2 May 26th, 2017

• Options
    pshaortao said:
    Feeling lightheaded at the moment. I know my iron is on the low end as well as my blood pressure. Totally kicking up my feet now and trying to relax. I also just shoveled down dinner and chugged a glass of water, so hopefully that will help asap. meh.
    Ugh, that's such a crap feeling. I hope you feel better asap.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    pshaortao said:
    Feeling lightheaded at the moment. I know my iron is on the low end as well as my blood pressure. Totally kicking up my feet now and trying to relax. I also just shoveled down dinner and chugged a glass of water, so hopefully that will help asap. meh.
    Ugh I've been getting that lately too. I try to a protein bar on top of the chugging of water so I can cover all the possiblities; low iron, low BP, or low blood sugar. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    I've been having cramping and pelvic pain lately, just went to the doctor and found out I'm fully effaced and 1.5 cm dilated. Any other moms been in this situation? I know everyone is different just trying to see what other situations have been like. My doc said it could be tonight, or 1.5 weeks.... I'm personally fine with her hanging out a few more days. 
  • Options
    @starphish18 Omg that's hysterical

• Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    I've been having cramping and pelvic pain lately, just went to the doctor and found out I'm fully effaced and 1.5 cm dilated. Any other moms been in this situation? I know everyone is different just trying to see what other situations have been like. My doc said it could be tonight, or 1.5 weeks.... I'm personally fine with her hanging out a few more days. 
    The not knowing when is so difficult. You're not alone. With my first I was walking around at 3cm for 3 weeks before he made his appearance. You just have to trust that it'll happen when it's supposed to. Hang in there!  :)
  • Options
    @starphish18 - that is hilarious and now I can not think of a better description of that feeling! This pressure is awful. I'm sitting at my desk and am so uncomfortbale!

• Options
    MTB16MTB16 member
    Swelling started in my feet over the last few days, but I'm noticing that today when I woke up the swelling hadn't subsided overnight - is that a thing to worry about or totally normal?  

I thought I read something about this in an app or book but for the life of me I can't remember!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @mtb16 severe swelling CAN be a sign of high blood pressure buts it's more concerning in your face or if you also have a headache or upper right abdominal pain. Otherwise it can be pretty normal in late pregnancy. If it persists or gets worse it may be worth a call to the OB just in case! 
  • Options
    last time around my feet were so swollen they looked like fred flinstone feet. I agree with @shadeofgreen816
  • Options
    +1 to what @ShadeofGreen816 said - that is pretty much verbatim what my doctor said at my last appointment since my blood pressure has been creeping up every appt. 

I am so so miserable today - didn't sleep well last night and just in a grumpy mood all together. My vagina hurts, the pressure is getting way worse and I was in the bathroom way to long this morning pooping. 

Here's hoping the rest of the day gets a bit better and doesn't drag. 
  • Options
    @mtb16 same as PPs...definitely get swollen feet by the end of the day. I try to keep them up at night and will even sleep with a pillow for them to be up on! It seems to help, but I also swell just from being hot so yeah lol 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    vrj0522vrj0522 member
    @MTB16 - I would recommend taking breaks from both sitting and/or standing for too long throughout the day, and drinking lots of water. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    @MTB16 Has it gotten really warm where you live lately? My swelling got out of control when it got hot here. It's cooled off a bit in the past week and I can actually see my ankle bones again. My feet while still swollen in the morning, look better than they do at night. Elevating them at work doesn't really seem to help, but laying in bed with them propped in the evenings does.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @BabyMC517 Are you the one who has been getting crazy overheated in the night too?
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @mtb16 another thing I just thought of that may help - adding lemon slices to your water. Lemon can act as a very mild diuretic and help decrease swelling without dehydrating you. Also this is super anecdotal, but we used to have a dietician who swore by milk proteins in particular for helping decrease swelling. So like a Greek yogurt or glass of milk etc. In theory the added protein in your system pulls fluid from your tissues back into your bloodstream. Figure it can't hurt! :)
  • Options
    Second other's comments @MTB16.
    100% yes @nda_roxybabe. Always hot and sweaty. 
    Also, feels like baby is finger tapping my cervix all the time. Hurts to sit on solid seats, like I feel pressure on my cervix from both top and bottom. So uncomfortable!
  • Options
    @erinh2005 - I could not agree more! I feel like its from the baby getting lower (maybe? hopefully? could just be wishful thinking on my part!). My inner thighs have been killing me today, though.

• Options
    MTB16MTB16 member
    @ShadeofGreen816 thanks so much for the lemon / milk tip I'm going to give that a try, no swelling in my face and my BP has been perfect so this is probably a normal now. 

@vrj0522 thanks, I'll definitely try and remember to move/ sit with better regularity. 

@nda_roxybabe It's gotten a little warmer here (northeast) and definitely more humid in the last few days so I'm sure that has something to do with it too!

Lilypie Maternity tickers