May 2017 Moms
Options

Randoms and Questions 3.6 - 3.10

Re: Randoms and Questions 3.6 - 3.10

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Is it bad that I've never done a hospital tour? I did my birthing classes with DD1 at our hospital but never actually toured it (I had visited before to see friends babies). And with DD2 I did nothing for the new hospital. And this LO I feel like "meh" it's the military hospital, I walk around it every time I'm there for an appointment. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    @Jkp7749 Sending lots of positive vibes your way! It must be tough to be away from your daughter, but it's great that you're getting checked out!

@Kipperoo What a crappy thing to happen (people can be such JERKS), but I'm glad you and the baby are safe! And how awesome that the insurance company was able to track down the other car! It seems like that never happens in real life. It's like a nice cherry on top of a crappy sundae ;)
  • Options
    hp_momma said:
    Is it bad that I've never done a hospital tour? I did my birthing classes with DD1 at our hospital but never actually toured it (I had visited before to see friends babies). And with DD2 I did nothing for the new hospital. And this LO I feel like "meh" it's the military hospital, I walk around it every time I'm there for an appointment. 
    I didn't do a hospital tour with DD because I was there walking literally every inch and didn't think it was a big deal. I did all the classes though. This time I thought it would be good, mainly because they are going to give me all the hospital registration information. 
  • Options
    @MoshiMoshi7 is 4 lbs big for 30 weeks?? One of my twins was 3 and a half at my 30 week scan so maybe mine will be good sized too! My dd was just shy of 9 lbs and also got stuck and ended in emergency c. Im planning a csection this time anyway but fingers crossed for you that your vbac works!!!! You got this :)
  • Options
    hp_momma said:
    I did the tour last time and it was kind of weird since my husband works there. They got to a bit about neonatal resussitations and I was just like yeah.... you call my husband. Got it. Haha.  

May '17 labor memes
  • Options
    KMD1106KMD1106 member
    edited March 2017
    I barely had any Braxton Hicks last time and no real contractions because of planned breech csection. How can I tell if it is Braxton Hicks or something to be concerned about? I've have 3-4 times in the last hour where it's been tightening that's a little painful (nothing unbearable). 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    @Jkp7749 She said it's 75th percentile, which isn't huge but makes me a little nervous, like maybe I should just stick with a repeat C-section.  Thanks for the encouraging words, I'm trying not to wimp out  :)
  • Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    @MoshiMoshi7: It's fun to see all the movements, right? Overall, your appt seems like it went okay, which is good news! I try to remind myself that, even though people who read an u/s are professionals and know what they're doing, there's always a bit of leeway/best-guessing going on. If you were told 4 pounds, the reality might be slightly less. The Bump says 30 weeks is around 3 pounds, with a half pound and a half inch gain every week. To me, it seems like you're maybe above average, which isn't too scary, right? (But given your previous emer c-s, I can totally understand the wariness.) It sounds like you're doing great!
  • Options
    vrj0522 said:
    My insomnia caught up to me today. I've been dragging all day and been 0 productive. Luckily, it's DH's birthday and we're going out so I don't have to worry about making dinner. 
    @vrj0522 Today is my husband's birthday too!
  • Options
    I guess tonight will be the night I'm thankful for pregnancy insomnia! DD1 is my allergy kid (dairy and dogs) and she broke out in her eczema rash today. I gave her Benadryl tonight and then she started to say her tongue hurt a little later, which has me worried because my own allergic reaction is swelling of the tongue/mouth. It didn't look any different and she said it was just in one spot, but it's hard to get a 5yr old to explain if it's tingly or feels swollen. I know the Benadryl will help if it is a reaction but I'm sure I'll still be up most of the night checking on her out of worry! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    Im so frustrated! My nurse is so very obviously annoyed bc she sucks at monitoring the babies and keeps having to come redo everything and  it takes her an insane amount of time to find them (one time took her literally as long as it took us to put together a 100 piecepuzzle). On top of that, they kept saying my contractions were gone and i kept explaining that while they were much less frequent, i can feel and see my stomach contracting. Aftwr bugging them a few times they checked the monitor and i was right, it had gotten wrapped up in all the other chords and wasnt even reading my belly. Once they got it right they saw i was still contracting and gave me more procardia. 
  • Options
    @Jkp7749 Ugh - some nurses have all of the luck and sweet personality, and others .... push the monitors into your belly so hard you'd think they were monitoring your spine. So frustrating. I hope you have a good tracing and better nurses in the future!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    Just read like 90 posts... WOW! So many of us had quite the day, but...

@Jkp7749 I'm glad it wasn't amniotic fluid and am hoping those contractions stop real soon. Boo to having a crabby/annoyed nurse... call her/him out on it... that should get her/him out of the funk. 

@Kipperoo yuck! T-boned! Ugh! Glad you and baby girl are doing well and high-five to your co-worker for getting the plate. Karma will get that jerk-hit-and-runner for sure!

@ShadeofGreen816 Glad your headache subsided. But why do we always have bad shifts when we either got no sleep or feel like sh!t? Heard a full moon is rearing its ugly head... beware the next couple of days. 

My random: I think baby boy has stayed head down all day because the pressure is "like whoa!" And I was able to breathe even after I ate dinner. 

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    Thanks @mdlorenz... I hope at shift change  get  better one!

@mrsrep123 my husband almost did... He saw her rolling her eyes about having to move stuff again and was super ticked about it. I ended up crying (mainly bc i haven't slept but 2-3 hours   each night for the past three nights) and decided i didn't care if she was pissy about stuff. I moved as many times as it took to get comfortable and then i finally slept :) anyway, 
    I bet it felt good to breath do much easier! Its strange being out of breath from eating haha
  • Options
    @mrsrep123 That is so the truth! I didn't realize full moon was on the way. I work Sat/Sun and I'm in charge   :# oh well. I am off Friday at least. 
    I was feeling like a special snowflake because I have been having such an easy (relatively) pregnancy but this week third tri hit hard and has knocked me on my butt. I'm glad for a day off tomorrow and my spring break next week!
  • Options
    @Jkp7749, keep advocating for yourself! You know what your body is feeling better than the nurses do. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Options
    @Jkp7749 , that sounds so frustrating. Even if the monitoring is set up perfectly, the babies can shift/things can change. She shouldn't be grumpy about having to adjust them. That's just annoying. How are you feeling today?

@BabyMC517 , good luck with your 3 hour!! 

@hp_momma , fingers crossed it wasn't a major allergic reaction. It is so hard to help kids identify pain...I don't have a 5 year old, but trying to do it with my 2.5 year old is nearly impossible. 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Thanks @Kipperoo! There happens to be 2 other mamas here getting their 1 hr test done. We are all a within a week of each other! 

"A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    @BabyMC517 , that happened at my 3 hour, too! 3 moms there to take the 1 hour. And then I was left behind to finish my test, lol...
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @kipperoo at least we have some solidarity while we're here! They both have other children too and we're telling me about their past tests which was nice. One failed and then passed the 3 hr and I think the other past her 1 hour with her last baby. I'm hoping and praying I pass! I was like 12 points higher than what they wanted. 

• Options
    Glad to hear it @Jkp7749!  And good luck @BabyMC517
  • Options
    Thanks @RainyDays86! Just finished! Now off to get some food!!

• Options
    That's great news @Jkp7749! Praying nothing eventful happens over the weekend. 
  • Options
    @hp_momma we did allergy testing at 2 after we had self identified egg and dairy at about 6-7 months old. Our allergist said we could wait a couple years and then come back around 4 or 5 and do some blood work to see if some allergies resolved or if he would be a good candidate for desensitization. She didn't mention routine testing for new allergies so maybe you could call and ask? Or more likely see if your PCM will put in a new referral to go back?

May '17 labor memes
  • Options
    Dds are pretty severe but we go every 6 months so far... Havent tested for new ones though..  Do you mean the skin test? Our ped offers that if we want it, but thats not the type of allergy dd has. 
  • Options
    @hp_momma we go back yearly to monitor allergies. I think it really depends on your allergist! (And maybe your insurance too? Not sure about that.)   It wouldn't hurt to call your pediatrician or allergist and clarify whether you should have her rechecked with the symptoms that she has been having.