May 2017 Moms
Options

Randoms and Questions 3.6 - 3.10

15678911»

Re: Randoms and Questions 3.6 - 3.10

• Options
    @ShadeofGreen816 - I asked my doctor the same thing a few days ago at my 28-week appointment. I have days when the baby is super active, but I had had a couple right before the appointment when she seemed relatively quiet, enough for me to bust out the Doppler for the first time in weeks. No anterior placenta here. My OB didn't seem worried as I was "still early" and feeling "some movement" every day. She recommended drinking something cold and then doing kick counts if I were worried about movement. And of course encouraged me to call whenever. Naturally, the next day baby was moving like crazy, to the point where I almost googled if there was a such thing as too much movement.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ShadeofGreen816 I'll echo what everyone else said plus you mentioned you were really busy. When I have busy days I don't notice baby as much as when I'm doing something more sedentary so I use that as a consideration too if I feel baby has been lazy because usually it's just me being distracted. 

May '17 labor memes
  • Options
    @ShadeofGreen816, I know you already got a bunch of responses and she's moving again, but I'm just chiming in to say I'm the same date as you and I had one very quiet day this week. It made me nervous, too, but then he was back to his usual active self the next day! I would be one to call the doctor if I were worried, but I think babies just have some days where they're sleepier than others. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Options
    @ShadeofGreen816 Yesterday afternoon I was thinking that my LO was awfully quiet as well. Turns out he must have just been sleeping because I got kicks all.night.long. This better not be foreshadowing to a night owl of a baby! 

@pshaortao My OB isn't having me do kick counts either! Or hasn't mentioned it? I kind of just do them every night out of habit, but it does seem strange as I had to do them without DD1 and DD2. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    @pshaortao my office actually hasn't counseled kick counts either. However sometimes I think I don't get taught things because they know I'm almost a Family NP and they assume I know things. I'm like - treat me like any other person off the street and assume I know NOTHING!! I only have been doing them from time to time because the OB I do clinicals with advises them after 28 weeks so when I'm insecure I'll do one