Re: Week of 5/30 Randoms

• @rnyland1 YGPM
    DD1: Born January 2013
    DD2: Due July 12, 2016
    Two rescue dogs 

BabyFruit Ticker

July 2016 - July Siggy: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Loading the player...
  • @mandyjulie thanks. I remember it now.  With the way you worded it, all I could think about was my Dad (not DH) making inappropriate jokes, which I thought would be pretty hilarious.
  • setoshsetosh member
    Thanks everyone! I just asked my doctor and she said it was fine too... back to nesting I go! ❤️
  • @foxa319 it sounds like you are in some good hands! Your son is so cute!!! I got teary eyed reading what your family did for you guys, that is so sweet! 
  • I'm kinda of worried at this point about cleaning up down there, I really don't want to look like Edward Scissor hands got a hold of me!
    July Siggy Challenge

BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lizhurtlizhurt member
    rnyland1 said:

This gorilla story needs to stop ASAP.  It's blowing up my newsfeed. And basically every radio station this morning was talking about it. I get it, it's very tragic: a loss of life (the gorilla's) occurred, and that is very sad. We are animal lovers and zoo members. But the pointing fingers and blaming and blah blah blah.....over it.

I totally agree! Why can't we agree it's a tragic, freak accident and all parties involved pledge to take better safety measures without feeling the need to blame someone? Stories like this bring out the social justice warriors and bandwagon animal rights activists (the same ones who hunt and grill steaks and wear leather - looking at you BIL) in droves.
  • LF93LF93 member
    I just finished my last ante natal class today and as informative as it was I definitely don't think it was worth going to. All the information she gave us was common sense, the only thing I found was useful was learning how to do baby CPR (I knew this already from doing a CPR course for work but it was good for others). I've learned more from Dr Google than I did in that class. Very disappointing to say the least. 

On another note, It's mine and BF's anniversary two weeks after baby is due and I'm debating whether it's too soon to go out for dinner. The restaurant is less than a two minute walk from my mothers who would be babysitting LO but I'm not sure. Plus I've been looking at all the sales online and as much as I want to buy something for myself I know it's better to wait because I will be far from my original weight for a while. Then again I suppose this all depends on when baby arrives either way :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • LNessLNess member
    @LadyFleck Hahaha, well, at least you sound like a medical sensation. I just sound like I have questionable morales. 

@randishane011804 As with a lot of things my students tell me, I just smiled. Smiled and tried to stear the conversation back to grammer.
  • @LF93 if it's near 2 weeks post due date, depending on your doc you could still be pregnant (or at least in the hospital still!). Fingers crossed for timely arrival for you and a fun anniversary, either way. Seems like not too many women make it to 42w, thankfully. 

DH and I are going to crack open the homemade wine we were supposed to drink on our anniversary this spring, as soon as we get home from the hospital. I moved the jars to a new spot in the pantry last weekend and my mouth was watering!
  • LF93LF93 member
    @jen11797 I'm hoping to be feeling a bit better at that stage so I might just go for it! Fingers crossed! :)

@erin7264 The plan is that if I go over my due date, the evening will be a no go and organised for another time definitely. I think two weeks after is pushing it slightly, any less than that wouldn't be realistic. I agree with having a drink as soon as I get home from the hospital though. Anything with alcohol in it will do at this stage. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • @LF93 I think physically you'll be fine and while it might take some timing and coordination (making sure she's fed right before you leave so she doesn't get too hungry while you're away) you'll be ready to get outside. 

Just be mindful that ALL you will be thinking about is your baby pretty much the whole time. Try your hardest to put aside the anxiety separation creates in us naturally and focus on BF for the hour or two. It will be hard but you can do it :-)
  • I wish my husband weren't so repressed that he'd do that for me! If be all for it except he's got all that Catholic guilt and shame to get over before he'd do it lol. 
  • I am so sick of baby movements. They are cute anymore they just suck!
    I'm a jerk because it's starting to annoy me when she gets hiccups.
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married: 05/31/2008
    DS: 11/06/2012 at 38w 1d
    M/C: 06/11/2015
    DD: 06/14/2016 at 37w 3d
  • I am so sick of baby movements. They are cute anymore they just suck!
    @MurphaLurph During the day, I'm cool with them. But at night. No. Child let me sleep.
    Mine pick up at about 9:30pm and go until midnight. It blows
  • @joleri23 DH offered to help this weekend but I was too tired and unsure to figure out the logistics.  I've been living in the mentality that "if I can't see it, everything's fine", but I have a feeling that's probably not true haha
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16

• Also, I had my GBS swab and a check today.  I was dilated to 2.5, which I know doesn't really mean much and that I can walk around for weeks like that, but holy crap...  It was like a reality check that yes, she is indeed going to be coming out soon!
    Mine is tomorrow, and I'm half-excited, half-nervous! I've heard cervical checks can be uncomfortable, and I know it doesn't really mean anything... but I'm also pretty curious.
    July BMB Siggy Challenge: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • LadyFleck said:
    I have an ultrasound and appt tomorrow which will also include my first "check" when they do the strep test. I'm pissed I have to shave my legs and goodies tomorrow morning. And every time I try to tell myself not to care, I think about our vajazzling convo way way back in the fall. 
    I've been on weekly appointments for a while now, and I'm always pissed that I need to shave...  Haha.  Intuition razors FTW.

Also, I had my GBS swab and a check today.  I was dilated to 2.5, which I know doesn't really mean much and that I can walk around for weeks like that, but holy crap...  It was like a reality check that yes, she is indeed going to be coming out soon!
    I would be ecstatic if I were dilated even a little at this point. Just the light at the end of the tunnel would help get me through. Last time I was clamped right up until 39.5 weeks when I was induced for low fluid. I'm hoping since this pregnancy has pretty much been the opposite that this LO is more eager to give me hope toward the end. 

Ps. At this point I only shave my (lower) legs when DH noticeably covers my calves when I'm resting my feet on his lap. Everything else is as needed, for doctors only lol. 
  • I have no appetite for eating anything. Nothing is appealing to me. Normally I am craving something or at least in the mood for it but nope, not the last two weeks. Im hungry and I know I should eat but everything seems to trigger a gag reflex.
  • @megstervt I was living in denial for a looooong time! Since I have an exam tomorrow I figured now was the time. It took a bit of maneuvering for sure, so if you want DH's help, be prepared to be patient!
    July BMB Siggy Challenge: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • joleri23 said:

Also, I had my GBS swab and a check today.  I was dilated to 2.5, which I know doesn't really mean much and that I can walk around for weeks like that, but holy crap...  It was like a reality check that yes, she is indeed going to be coming out soon!
    Mine is tomorrow, and I'm half-excited, half-nervous! I've heard cervical checks can be uncomfortable, and I know it doesn't really mean anything... but I'm also pretty curious.
    She checked me last week too because I'd had some painful contractions over the weekend.  I wasn't dilated then, and my cervix was up BEHIND the baby's head, so she had to really reach for it.  That hurt.  Otherwise, cervical checks don't bother me too much.  Now membrane sweeping...  Shudder!
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married: 05/31/2008
    DS: 11/06/2012 at 38w 1d
    M/C: 06/11/2015
    DD: 06/14/2016 at 37w 3d
  • Yup @BecauseBabyIamAPug is right, no one cares what your vag looks like as long as it's clean and not smelly! Lol I used to see like 5 vaginas a shift when I was an L&D nurse and I'm sure the providers in the office see even more! My only recommendation is to be nicely trimmed between the vag and the butt hole for delivery. If you tear and  need stitches it will be easier to maintain after birth! You don't want long hair getting stuck up in stitches that are already uncomfortable! 
  • LadyFleckLadyFleck member
    edited June 2016
    @backbypopulardemand Mine comes with nifty gadgets. Like a Swiss Army knife. Oh and a spot for a glade plug in! 
  • I will add to what @foxa319 said... I'm pretty au naturale when it comes to the lady bits but I tore with DD and with the tenderness and bleeding pp, I'm definitely planning on trimming up a bit more this time.  Peri bottles were my friend.  
  • Am I weird or just lucky that baby's kicks don't bother me? This is baby #2 and it's much calmer than DD was who almost never stopped moving. She was punching and kicking ALL THE TIME. I never thought anything hurt though and wasn't ever woken up by movement. I'm not a very heavy sleeper either. All the comments have me wondering if my experience is pretty odd. I have had an elbow just sticking in my side for a while that kind of feels weird at times.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Baby kicks/hiccups aren't bothering me but I'm thinking its maybe because I have an anterior placenta.  My doc said I won't feel the movements as much as women with posterior placentas.  I'm still enjoying the movement I feel at 34 weeks!
  • @whataboutscience the baby kicks don't bother me either and haven't woken me up.  Not sure if it's because i have a calm little dude or because it's still early,  I'm 31w6d. He's also been lying horizontally this whole time,  not sure if that affects it at all.
    And yes I'm awake at 2am bumping but not cuz of baby kicks.  Haha.  I'm at a hotel and these matresses are rock freaking hard so i can't sleep at all :-( contemplating switching hotels tomorrow just cuz of the mattress. 
  • @whataboutscience My DS was calm. the only time he really went nuts is when I was in the bath tub and it was cute. This LO is a lunatic and has been since about 17 weeks. Her hiccups only bother me when they push against my rectum but her larger movements feel like she's using a crowbar on my cervix. Sooooooo she can stop now.