July 2016 Moms

Week of 5/30 Randoms

Re: Week of 5/30 Randoms

• I understand why the picture was against TOU, but just saying someone out there is a prude? That gets her banned? I'm confused.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Un-fucking-believeable. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Seriously so dumb.... 
  • What was the picture?!? 
  • I just.... Ugh.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • What the fuck. Who is so ban happy?! Oh wait... I have some suspicions. 

• What!!! I didn't notice her say anything rude AT ALL! People should find better things to do with their time! GRRR! Hopefully she comes back quickly 
  • as usual I seem to miss all the excitement that occurred last night. Seriously don't get why all this stuff keeps happening!
  • @schaze hope it goes well!! 

And im with everyone else it is tired and annoying own up to it or express a frustration with the community than never saying anything..
  • @jen11797 careful people might be too sensitive for your comment and report ;) I guess I don't understand if this has been the tone of the board from the beginning why do people think it's wrong or should change ? 
    You're right, I probably should be afraid. I've never been reported for anything, so I'm probably in line to get banned.
  • jen11797 said:
    @jen11797 careful people might be too sensitive for your comment and report ;) I guess I don't understand if this has been the tone of the board from the beginning why do people think it's wrong or should change ? 
    You're right, I probably should be afraid. I've never been reported for anything, so I'm probably in line to get banned.
    Haha wouldn't be the first time ;) 
  • @PinkLady2015 that was my thought too. Nothing is sacred in this house anymore. 
  • My poor husband has held me over the toilet when I was out-of-both ends sick, and I've done the same for him. Pooping during labor is the least of my worries. 
  • My DH is weird about that too. I couldn't care less. He and I both are easily queasy though and he did not actually watch DD be born, staying up by my head. Neither of us wanted him freaking out while I was trying to push.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • KASGKASG member
    STM: did you use a birth plan, and if so, how'd that go?

FTM: are you using one and/or have you already talked to your provider about it? How'd that go?
    Me: 28
    DH: 29
    Married: 7/4/15
    TTC #1 since marriage
    BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

• @kasg good question! I'm interested to hear others replies. I have a general list of things I want during labor and after baby is born. Tomorrow is actually my labor talk appt with my OB. I think most of the things are standard at my hospital (like immediate skin to skin, breastfeeding right away, no visitors for the first hour) but I wanted to get my ideas down on paper to discuss with her. 
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • We don't poop in front of each other but we very openly talk about our poop and squatty potty experiences. I don't think my husband would bat an eye if I pooped during labor. That's the least of my worries. I'm more worried about having a healthy baby!! Also my friends with kids say that once you have the baby you're always going to be talking about poop anyway so might as well get used to it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• My plan last time went off without a hitch. 1. Get epidural 2. Have baby. The end. Hoping for the same this time.

@kasg it's good to have some ideas and chat with your OB in advance about what the hospital/place of birth will or won't do, what's standard/default, etc.
    DD1: Born January 2013
    DD2: Due July 12, 2016
    Two rescue dogs 

BabyFruit Ticker

July 2016 - July Siggy: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • @kasg I initially had a 1 page bulleted list of preferences, but realized much of what I wanted is pretty standard.  Someone on here (I can't remember who, sorry!!) posted a simple statement so I stole that and tweaked it slightly.  It essentially says: I want to avoid interventions so keep me and DH in the loop so we can all work as a team.  Thanks! PS - I'm encapsulating my placenta so keep that.  PPS - DH is allergic to parabens so don't let him touch anything without gloves because if I have to deal with a newborn and him having a painful rash I'll lose my shit.

i sent a copy in with my L+D registration (recommended), will give a copy to my doctor next week and will bring a copy.  I think I'm pretty lucky living in VT that things seem a little more progressive here and I don't anticipate much push back.  I also don't want anything crazy, and ultimately feel like I hired my docs for a reason and if they're recommending something it's probably for a very good reason.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • I feel like a water birth would be so amazing. My house doesn't have a tub only a shower so I've only taken a bath once at a hotel and it was pure bliss. I was so jealous and "salty" when some ladies started that tub snacking thread lol! But anyways regular hospitals don't do water births do they? 
  • @victoria98 mine does.  They have 1 room with a true "water birth" tub, but all rooms are equipped with a soaking tub in the bathroom.  Assuming no issues, you can labor in any of them.  You can also deliver in any of them, but have to have signed an informed consent form prior (not needed if you just want to labor in there).