July 2016 Moms
Options

Week of 5/30 Randoms

Re: Week of 5/30 Randoms

• Options
    The Zika thread in November is hillarious! 
    It's nice to see that pretty much every bmb experiences the same crap.
  • Options
    @Backbypopulardemand they are the new july 16. They even have their own nanny! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't think my midwife even does cervical checks until you're full term. If that. She hasn't mentioned them. 

• Options
    I know so approve of many of their threads. They may even set the record for most shut down that early on if you search their board 
  • Options
    I know so approve of many of their threads. They may even set the record for most shut down that early on if you search their board 
    Oh yeah. There was one crazy really stirring things up. They had a great ban-fest as well. Thank goodness some boards can provide entertainment! 
  • Options
    The calling out of the October poster was hillarious too! 
  • Options
    @Backbypopulardemand thank you for pointing me in the direction of that thread, I've been having withdrawals from bump shitshows
  • Options
    sboston06 said:
    Question for STM+'s...do people still give savings bonds? These were really popular when DH and I were younger and we did get one for my niece when she was baptized 6 years ago. This year she is graduating from kindergarten and I was thinking of getting her another, but may just give her money to put into her savings account if it's not something that's really done anymore.
    Yes but they areonline only now. You have to create an online account for your kid and people can send them electronically as gifts. It was a bit of a PITA to set it up but my parents have been giving them to DS as gifts. 

IF, 5 losses, 1 son, 1 on the way.
    fall in love with someone Pictures Images and Photos  photo turtlejpg

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Do I REALLY have to get out of bed, put on clothes, and leave for work in the next 5 minutes? A super loud clap of thunder woke me up around 4am and it's just rainy and gross out...I'd much rather stay in bed with my dogs and bump until I fall back asleep
  • Options
    I'm pissed. At least 3 people in my office have had strep throat and I'm pretty fucking sure that I now have it. Damnit. I only have 6 weeks left. WHYYYYY?!
  • Options

@YeezusButters ewe good luck. I have had strep throat twice in my life and both times it was downright miserable. The good thing is, if it is actually strep they will give some good antibiotics or a shot that will have you feeling better in about 24 hours. If you have a really bad sore throat and it turns out NOT to be strep, well, then that probably sucks even more because you will have to just wait that out. Gargling with saltwater helps :)

• Options
    Guy, guys! I can breathe from my nose again!
    Omg! And now my couch is productive! I am on the mend!
  • Options
    @YeezusButters ew no! One of my biggest fears for this home stretch is that someone is going to get me sick. I'm under preventative quarantine. 
  • Options
    Ya'll, I am the dullest person on the planet. My kids are spending the night with their aunts tonight, and my hubby is working.  So I have a free friday to myself.  Now, part of me wants to take a sleep aid and catch up on some long missed sleep, but at the same time, I want to do something.  DH also wants me to get out and do something fun.  But I'm coming up blank.  Short of bar hopping and drinking, there's not much to do around here.  I'm stuck. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @samantha1206 go try a new restaurant, go to the movies, search online for any local events going on, go window shopping somewhere, check out a new spot in town you've never been to, go to a park, etc. Lots to do if you look hard enough.
  • Options
    Am I the only person who is thinking of requesting cervical checks? My midwife doesn't do them until 41 weeks and only during labor if requested. I thought this sounded great, except now I swear the baby's head is all over my cervix and all these BH have to be doing something... I need to know! DH offered to "check" based on internet how-to's and I was tempted. I'm going to ask the midwife this afternoon!
  • Options
    Am I the only person who is thinking of requesting cervical checks? My midwife doesn't do them until 41 weeks and only during labor if requested. I thought this sounded great, except now I swear the baby's head is all over my cervix and all these BH have to be doing something... I need to know! DH offered to "check" based on internet how-to's and I was tempted. I'm going to ask the midwife this afternoon!
    Maybe a FFFC: I've washed my hands, put on gloves, and checked myself when I was having unstoppable cervical pain.  I figured if I felt anything other than a nubbin (cervix) I would go to the e.r. just in case.  
  • Options
    @PootsDragon nope I am having them done weekly now per my dr's reccomendation due to the pressure and how long little one has been and stayed in the ready posjtion. 
  • Options
    @LadyFleck I squat all the way down (buttcheeks to heels). I also have long spider fingers, so that may help. 
  • Options
    LF93LF93 member
    I must ask my midwife at my next appointment about checks. The only time they've ever checked my cervix was when I had a bleed and some contraction like pains. I've never been checked by my own doctor or a doctor/midwife in the hospital apart from then. I suppose though it is a 50/50 thing I would ask for considering as pp have said that they have been 1-3cm for several weeks, I'd get so impatient waiting for it to progress.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • Options

@Nerdchild. I mean this in the least creepy way possible but I instantly thought, "Maybe she'd help me out." Pregnancy makes us want/think the weirdest things.

That said, I'm not opposed to trying that our, but I'm afraid I'll pee myself or my poor husband will walk in on me. A story for the ages.

• Options
    @LadyFleck Just hop into the shower (dry, no running water) so that *if* you pee it's easy clean up.  I guarantee it would not be the weirdest thing any of our husbands have seen us do during the misadventure that we cause pregnancy. 
  • Options
    @Nerdchild So you're saying I shouldn't try this in the work bathroom right now? Damnit.
  • Options
    @LadyFleck I don't even like to breath in shared bathrooms! LOL
  • Options
    @schaze  can you come to my house?!
    July BMB 2016 July siggy challenge

• Options
    I swear I just received the biggest baby bathtub ever! The box was taller then my kitchen counters and the tub itself is nearly that big as well. I have no idea where we are going to put this thing when we bathe him and there's no way I could lift it to empty it myself :-p 
  • Options
    @Shelby00519 Can you return or exchange it? Doesn't sound worth the hassle of keeping.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    MollyH1987MollyH1987 member
    edited June 2016
    My DH and I carpool to work and since I've lightened my workload in preparation for my impeding departure, I am always done with work way before him. Especially the last couple days, I sit at my desk waiting for him to finish for 1-2 hours before we finally end up leaving. As of right now, I finished my work 1.5 hours ago and I'm still waiting....I'm slowly losing patience everyday that I wait.

Me: 31  DH:35
    Started TTC in June 2014
    Started seeing RE in June 2015
    HSG in July 2015 = normal, started Clomid/Ovidrel/IUI cycle in August 2015
    Cycle #3 in October afforded 1st month of mature follicles - underwent IUI
    BFP on 10/27/15 - EDD 7/8/16
    DD#1 born on 7/1/16

TTC #2 in September 2018
    BFP on 12/2/18 - EDD 8/16/19
    Team Green!
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Some random girl keeps prank calling me. 3 times so far saying different things in a high pitched voice all at random times during the day. I don't know who it could be and it is so annoying. I feel like I'm in high school again. 
    H. Foxe born October 22, 2013
  • Options
    AB34 said:
    Some random girl keeps prank calling me. 3 times so far saying different things in a high pitched voice all at random times during the day. I don't know who it could be and it is so annoying. I feel like I'm in high school again. 
    Sign her number up for all sorts of spam
  • Options
    I so would if I could but she makes it so her caller ID Is blocked. It comes up as "unknown" when she calls.  :|
    H. Foxe born October 22, 2013
  • Options
    Wait what happened to Butters??