July 2016 Moms
Options

Week of 5/23 Randoms

Re: Week of 5/23 Randoms

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    am0987am0987 member
    edited May 2016
    34w4d here and I just need to communicate how miserable I am. HOW, I repeat, HOW am I supposed to do this for 6 more weeks?? No way Jose. Get. Him. Out. Now.

ETA I'm clearly a whiny FTM. Lol.
  • Options
    What is with all these people that signed up in Nov, never posted and are just coming out of left field now?
    Stranger danger!
    Yeah. Also, I just  Googled pregnancy forum, and TB is #2 on the list. So it's not like this hard to find secret club. 
  • Options
    Just getting caught up but glad you're home and baby's staying put for now @schaze
  • Options
    Just found out that my SIL gave birth to a boy today. And took our name for our son. We don't speak to her outside of family events, due to more family drama than I could ever have time to type out. But I am devestated. We didn't tell anyone the twins names so I'm just flabbergasted as to my luck to have her pick our name. I wanted to still use it but DH says no. I can't stop crying about it because I'm upset and hormonal. Picking a new name at 31 weeks is so, so hard. 
  • Options
    @shanparadise oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. That would be awful. I hope you find a name you love more eventually, but in the meantime, I wish you all the best comfort food and soft pajamas.
  • Options
    @shanparadise I'm so sorry, that's terrible! You will find a perfect name, but it's also perfectly ok to cry about it now. 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    @shanparadise that's awful! You guys never asked her what she was thinking of naming him?  I think you're entitled to cry about it. I would be pissed too. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Options
    @shanparadise I'm so sorry that's awful! Could you still use the middle name you were thinking of at least and then pick a different name that goes with it?
  • Options
    All these random posts by random people making this blog cluttered... well they are making me NUTYY. I have avoided commenting but I really wish I could use the rolling eyes emoji on every single one.. 
  • Options
    bunkie999 said:
    All these random posts by random people making this blog cluttered... well they are making me NUTYY. I have avoided commenting but I really wish I could use the rolling eyes emoji on every single one.. 
    Do it!! 
  • Options
    @Kellyj103 We don't really speak to her. Her pregnancy was not something celebrated... the father is a convicted sex offender and she has three other children she doesn't have custody of. It never even crossed my mind that this could happen. 

@jlmartinez517 Middle name is DH's first name so we will keep that, but we are at a total loss for a first name now. 
  • Options
    @shanparadise that just gave me all of the Ickiest of feelings... Poor kid
  • Options
    Also my brother and our cousin have the same name actually they both just loved it. My brother is James Michael but goes by Michael and my cousin is Michael Jay and also goes by Michael or mike. It was never an issue and if you love the name stick with it. 
  • Options
    @Backbypopulardemand It's the worst and most definitely worthy of icky feelings. I wish every single part of the situation was different. 
  • Options
    @shanparadise I'm so sorry! Hopefully you find something you love even more.
  • Options
    @shanparadise So sorry. I'd be pretty upset too. Given the situation, I think I could see still using the name, but if DH really doesn't like it then it's best to find something you both are happy with. We liked a few names of cousins in our family that we really aren't close to and DH tried to tell me we should just use them. I didn't want to because I was more afraid of offending our parents by not considering the name already "taken."
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @shanparadise OH NO! I would be so upset, so you definitely get to cry about it. I can understand not wanting to use it now, I hope you find something you love even more! 
  • Options
    Found this short workout tonight. I didn't use any weights but it is supposed to help with hip and sciatic pain

https://www.popsugar.com/fitness/10-Minute-Leg-Butt-Workout-Pregnant-Women-23287977
  • Options
    @shanparadise what a disappointing, stressful situation to be in & I'm so sorry you have to deal with it. It's like really, what are the odds of that happening? :( Just remember that whatever name you and your husband end up choosing for your little guy, it will end up being perfect for him!
  • Options
    WevilleWeville member
    @shanparadise That really sucks and I feel so sorry for those kids!  I was actually supposed to be named something else but "my" name was hijacked by my aunt when my cousin came premature. The way my mom tells it she was really upset at first but they quickly found the name I was given and it always just fit better. I hope the same happens for you 
  • Options
    @shanparadise I'm so sorry that you are going through this right now. You have every right to be upset. Maybe once you and your husband sit down and brainstorm, you'll come up with a name that you love even more.
  • Options
    @shanparadise just name your kid the name you love.
    How often are your kids going to be together? 
    My brother, sister, and two cousins have the same name. Seriously,  it's not a big deal. Then my brother married a girl who had a son with the same name. Who has a cousin eith that same name. Some go by that name, and others go by their middle name. 

(Btw, it has a masculine and feminine name. And some have it as a FN and other as a MN).

So you know what I did?  I gave my first child that name as her middle name. There is 9 people with this same name, either first for middle.

• Options
    @shanparadise that sucks, I'm so sorry!  Names are so tough.  I hope you and your husband come up with something you love even more.

I know yoga balls/ birthing balls are supposed to be comfortable to sit on, so am I doing something wrong?  When I sit down I feel like I start to have  BH contractions, my uterus gets very tight and hard from the top down.  
  • Options
    @shanparadise - I'm really sorry that happened :( I'd be upset about that too. Other posters have suggested some great ideas. I would be tempted to still use the name too, especially since you don't have a relationship with her. 
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Options
    @mandyjulie - Thanks! We have/had two Evenflo carseats and have loved them, but they only go up to the 40".  Maybe she'll slow down growing soon? :) 
    @Brittnic531 Man we have a short kid! Haha but I am 5 ft so not a big surprise -- she is almost 3.5 and only like 33".

I am getting the impression you will have to turn her around at 40", doesn't seem like any seats rec RF beyond that height. But you may have some time left? Is she close to 40 lbs too?
    DD1: Born January 2013
    DD2: Due July 12, 2016
    Two rescue dogs 

BabyFruit Ticker

July 2016 - July Siggy: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. It's back to the drawing board for us. Off to to stalk birth announcements for ideas!
  • Options

There are approximately eleventy billion Michaels in my family. And I never thought anything of it. I say go with the name that you'd already picked out. I can't really fathom "changing" my baby's name at this point in the game after I've been thinking and speaking of her with a particular one.

@shanparadiseHowever, if you/DH really don't want to use the same one, there are lots to choose from and you know we'd love to help. If you don't mind sharing what the name was, perhaps we can come up with a good list of similar style?

• Options
    @quartz02 The name was Finn. Little lady's name is Ruby so I wanted to keep it shorter like hers. Naming twins is super hard because they have to sound at least halfway decent together. I can also take this over to the names post if it fits better over there. 
  • Options
    My boy graduated four K today.  It was so sweet.  And I'm so pregnant so cue all the tears.  I just couldn't stand it.  I'm still having a hard time with it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @shanparadise Ruby is an adorable name! I feel for you having to re-choose and hope you find something you love for your little man! 
  • Options
    This might be TMI, but I am on day 5 of severe diarrhea:(. I am still peeing and feeling baby move, so my OB is having my GI Doctor handle it. She had me go to the ER yesterday for an IV, tests and baby monitoring. Baby is doing good even though I am having some contractions. Looks like this might be my Ulcerative Colitis flaring up. It's been 5 years since the last flare up. I am worried about baby since I might need to go on medicine, only eating BRAT foods and at risk for pre-term labor, but I will do whatever the doctor suggests. I also was supposed to go to Whistler this weekend and I am sad that is now cancelled. Anyone else dealing with digestive issues? 
  • Options
    @shanparadise I love Finn (and Ruby)!!!! SO cute. I'm a bit like you though - if that chick's life and choices but such a bad taste in my mouth, there's no way I could use the same name. At which point I'm sure I'd be crying up a storm too, because once you've named baby you don't want to change it!!! I wish you all the best in finding another name you love as much.
  • Options
    PootsDragonPootsDragon member
    edited May 2016
    @shanparadise Crazy bummer that happened, but glad it wasn't malicious and just a coincidence. If you need opinions you know we all have a million of em!
  • Options
    Can I complain about potty training again? Sorry. My DD is legit trying to make me insane as she was down to very few accidents and doing awesome and decided she didn't want to go potty today and wants baby diapers not princess underwear. While talking to my MIL on the phone asking her how terrible it would be to put her back in diapers even though she seems capable, she went to the bathroom on her own twice, once for pee and once for poop. I have no clue what I'm doing here people. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    lizhurtlizhurt member
    @quartz02 The name was Finn. Little lady's name is Ruby so I wanted to keep it shorter like hers. Naming twins is super hard because they have to sound at least halfway decent together. I can also take this over to the names post if it fits better over there. 
    I don't know if you want suggestions, but some other great short names that I can think of off the top of my head to go with Ruby would be Miles, Joel, Beau, Grant, Vaughn, Rhys, Jude, Graham. Good luck! So sorry that you are in this pickle!! 
  • Options
    Jude goes great with Ruby! 
    I'm so sorry this happened @shanparadise. My MIL kinda ruined our name choice too and I'm irrationally ragey about it, even though we could still use it, it's almost tainted now. I get how you're feeling.