July 2016 Moms
Options

Week of 5/23 Randoms

Re: Week of 5/23 Randoms

• Options
    @TM14 omg just caught up! Good juju thoughts your way!! Keep us updated!
  • Options
    Thinking of you @TM14
    July BMB 2016 July siggy challenge

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @TM14 Thinking of you and hope everything goes well for you and baby!
  • Options
    @kellz14
    I do yoga still. Obviously it is not as fast paced as the exercise you are describing! Our "classroom" is pretty small, and our teacher encourages us to use the walls when we need them. Is this something you could do? Or participate as normal but try to control how high you kick? Maybe start halfway and go from there. If it's a class that you really enjoy, I'd definitely try modifying it; exercise is helpful to you and baby!

Mad respect for you doing such an intense sounding class! We had a substitute instructor in yoga a few classes ago and she did more of a power/cardio class than our normal breathing/stretching class. All of us were pretty winded!
  • Options
    LF93LF93 member
    @TM14 Best of luck, I hope it all goes well! :) 
    @theshannondee Good luck to you too, that'll be very nerve racking knowing baby is coming sooner than planned! You'll be fine :)

Yesterday I had my first dose of physio for my back and pelvic muscles. I got a belt for support from the hospital and was feeling fantastic after the session. Today- Woah. I am in absolute agony, I feel like I've been hit by a truck. I know it's more than likely sore from not using those muscles as much but it wasn't this sore before hand. I'll have to keep doing all the exercises I was shown and hope it improves. A soak in the bath is definitely needed this evening. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • Options
    kellz14kellz14 member
    @kendallandkate6714 Thanks, yeah maybe I'll make those kicks a little low and make sure I can still handle them :)
  • Options
    @TM14 Good luck!!!
    @stephweinstein @YeezusButters I am getting one for this delivery, for the support (I had a c-section). I am going to try the UpSpring C Panty, because I don't want to deal with one of those high waisted corset type ones that are extremely stiff. I am just going to order one, and if I like it, then I will order another pair. As of right now, I am only worried about that first week or so, and then after that if I feel like I still need something, I will move onto regular shape wear. I worry that with a stiffer corset type one, it will rub on my incision sight....and nobody wants that! 

https://www.amazon.com/UpSpring-C-Panty-Waist-Incision-C-Section/dp/B004YKZ7PA

Sending positive vibes your way!  Keep us updated!
  • Options
    @Brittnic531 Oh my goodness, that must have been such a scary experience. I'm so glad that everyone was ok. 
  • Options
    @Brittnic531 I'm glad to hear that everyone made it out safely!! 
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• Options
    @Brittnic531 so glad everyone is ok!
  • Options
    I just want to say how thankful I am that my DD is still rear facing in her car seat (she's 23 months).  We were in an accident on Sunday and not only did she come out without a scratch, but she didn't see it happen and didn't see me get hit with the airbag (baby and I are ok, thankfully).  I will never regret the time I put into research on car seat safety and even reinstalling it Friday because I noticed that it was not correct anymore.  It is so worth it to spend the time to know proper installation and how to buckle safely.  Sunday was an awful day for so many reasons, but DD is safe and nothing else matters.  
    I saw that on J-14 so glad you guys are all ok!!
  • Options
    ncm1919ncm1919 member
    We had a huge baby shower at my husband's job today's and he spent the whole evening writing thoughtful thank you cards. I'm shocked to say the least that he didn't ask me for help and he did them right away lol. 
    My husband has never done a single thank you card for all of the life events we have shared  I did all the shower, all the wedding, and I'm hearing myself up for the baby shower ones I need to complete this weekend. 

Im jealous. Maybe it's his turn to do the shower ones. He's such a procrastinator it has always seemed like it's easier to just do it myself
  • Options
    @Natinat6Up until yesterday, my husband hasn't written any thank you cards either. He's signed some in the past but nothing like this. I feel like the man has been working for Hallmark on the side lol. They were really sweet! He also ran out yesterday and got the hostesses gifts. 
  • Options
    @Heathereaddy Kudos to your husband! That is so nice of him. I got my husband to write some of our wedding thank yous - if they were his good friends or family, he did them. It's definitely ended there. He doesn't even like writing in birthday, congratulation type cards!! 
  • Options
    @TiffRox81Yeah my husband is generally the same. I got him to write a couple to his parents for their gifts to the baby but I had to ask a few times. He just started writing these out of the blue. I think he was just overwhelmed with the generosity they showed yesterday. It was nice. 
  • Options
    Oooh congrats @Heathereaddy my husband also doesn't like to write thank you notes. He always just signs the ones I write. That's so sweet that your husband remembered hostess gifts because when I told my husband about them he was like, "that's a thing?!". Yep, that's a thing!
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Options
    @TM14 I'm late to the game, but sending positive thoughts, hope all goes well and you and baby are doing ok
    @whataboutscience We have been potty training for what seems like forever. His daycare started by just switching to underwear and taking them on the hour, but the peer pressure of daycare really helped. He does awesome as long as I make him go on a regular basis.  Now if only I could get him to poop on the potty, I am so tired of cleaning dirty poopy underwear! It's so gross!
  • Options
    I'm wondering if people have any suggestions for father's day gifts for their fathers (not husbands). I've already done things like t-shirts, gift cards, and photo gifts. My mother is member of the etiquette police and is highly critical of what types of gifts I get her (or my dad). Aside from a card and some of DS1's school pictures that I printed out, I don't have any other ideas. Is that plus a phone call on father's day enough?  I just sent him a lowe's gift card for his birthday which was yesterday so definitely can't use the gift card idea again. All these holidays tend to stress me out!
  • Options
    @oandmplus1 Yeah, my DD has pooped on the potty when I've asked her to and all on her own before, but both the last 2 days I ask her if she needs to poop, she lies, and does it right in front of me in her underwear. :-( What is that? She's now scaring me with how well she's suddenly holding pee too. Yesterday morning 3 accidents in an hour. Then she stayed dry all night and only peed twice this morning after less than 48 hours of potty training. Where is it going? She's drinking a lot! I guess it's better than pee on the floor as long as she doesn't get a UTI.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Baby girl has hiccups and she is PISSED. This means that along with the little twitches, I also get kicked in the crotch. Yippee!
  • Options
    @Shelby00519 I don't personally have one, but my sister has several and loves them! 
  • Options

I need some advice:  After you had your first LO - how much outside help did you depend on or need? 

I am debating between a job I was offered, and the main concern/difference is starting a new job with a new baby, and leaving the familiarity of where I am now.

Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Bored out of my mind. Today is the last day of school and all of my kids finished their finals either yesterday or within an hour this morning, so I have been sitting here with a bunch of bored teenagers and none of us have anything left to do but watch the clock. 3 more hours. I am thankful it's the last day though...can't really complain about that!!! Now time to wait for baby. 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    My super kind bosses decided to throw me a surprise work shower today!! They also kindly bought me the over priced Bumbleride stroller I had on our Amazon registry. We'd already purchased a Britax travel system for ourselves, by thankfully haven't taken it out of the box YET. That was this weekend's chore. I hadn't given much thought to taking the other stroller off, as I assumed anyone buying us something had done so. I'm SUPER excited to have this stroller....I'm just stumped on what to do about the car seat. Should we buy the adapter and car seat that pairs with it....or should we not worry about the adapter and just buy a car seat? Is it a pain getting (infant) baby out of the car seat and into the bassinet?
  • Options
    @DeriveMyPi I didn't have any outside help from anyone other than my husband, since we live far away from any family members. My main concern with starting a new job with a newborn around would be to make sure that your new job/boss is aware that you have an infant at home and you might need some flexibility, especially for doctor's appointments and everything. In the first year of my son's life he got sick a lot, so I had to leave work often to pick him up from daycare, etc. 
  • Options
    rnyland1 said:
    @DeriveMyPi I didn't have any outside help from anyone other than my husband, since we live far away from any family members. My main concern with starting a new job with a newborn around would be to make sure that your new job/boss is aware that you have an infant at home and you might need some flexibility, especially for doctor's appointments and everything. In the first year of my son's life he got sick a lot, so I had to leave work often to pick him up from daycare, etc. 

Thank you!  I didn't even think about the doctors appointments the first year.  Fortunately I told them during the interview about my pregnancy, so I assume they are aware since they both admins are mothers themselves.
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I got my first "So you haven't popped that baby out yet" today. I was like um no I have a month to go still... I think the worst part about it was this girl KNOWS when I'm due, it's obviously not for awhile yet. I mean really people? Ugh.

Side note, looking at Father's Day/anniversary gifts for DH does anyone here have a yeti cooler? Worth the money or no? I know their cups are awesome but I've never spent that much on a cooler before... 
    They are worth every dime, assuming you use a cooler frequently.  We camp and boat so we are always using a cooler.  They hold ice for days!  DH had told me that the original selling point is that they float also, so I guess if your boat flips you have an extra flotation device.  
    July Siggy Challenge

BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @DeriveMyPi DH had an amazing paternity leave, so he was home with me for 3 months. I thought I would get tired of him after that long, haha. Well, DD was colicky and I was tired and a nervous wreck all the time. With DH's help, I got an average of 3.5-4 hours a sleep a day for the first few months, typically fragmented. Some of it had to do with my anxiety about taking care of a colicky baby. I wasn't able to just hit my pillow and fall asleep. I would be thinking about the next time she would wake up screaming or listen to her screaming with DH. I cried when he went back to work and with the level of stress I had, am fairly confident I would have had PPD had he not had his paternity leave. I know lots of moms do it by themselves, but given my experience I honestly don't know how.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    ncm1919ncm1919 member
    I got my first "So you haven't popped that baby out yet" today. I was like um no I have a month to go still... I think the worst part about it was this girl KNOWS when I'm due, it's obviously not for awhile yet. I mean really people? Ugh.

Side note, looking at Father's Day/anniversary gifts for DH does anyone here have a yeti cooler? Worth the money or no? I know their cups are awesome but I've never spent that much on a cooler before... 
    Totally worth it. But it's like having a target on your tail gate/ camp site etc.- everyone wants one and I feel like I'm keeping my eye on it the whole time. Which when you're at a sporting event gets tough the more you drink. If you only anticipate using it in private situations this is moot. But is something I worry about personally. 
  • Options
    @natinat6 That's so sad that you have to worry about shit like that. I hate feeling I can't trust the people around me, strangers or not. 
  • Options
    When are you all installing the car seat base into your car? I'm doing mine next week when I hit 35 weeks but I am not sure if I want to keep the actual car seat in the house waiting or just install that as well. I'm just thinking worse case scenario if we get into a car accident I would hate to have to replace it. I also think I'm going to keep my hospital bag in the trunk as well. 
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• Options
    @BeachTigress I'm actually wondering rhe same thing. I have to wait at least until 36 weeks because my husband is playing a show next week and we will need to be able to put the seats down to get all the drums there, but once I do put it in I don't know if I should just put the base or the whole thing!