July 2016 Moms
Options

Week of 5/23 Randoms

Re: Week of 5/23 Randoms

• Options
    @Brittnic531 We have an Evenflo convertible, an older version of this model https://www.evenflo.com/Products/Evenflo/Car_Seats/Triumph_LX_SureSafe/. You can browse their other convertibles but I think if your DD is approaching 40" that might be tough. I have a short kid so it's easier for me to keep her in one of these. Hopefully you find something that works. 
    DD1: Born January 2013
    DD2: Due July 12, 2016
    Two rescue dogs 

BabyFruit Ticker

July 2016 - July Siggy: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @TM14 Congrats!  He is beautiful!  I got chills reading your update <3
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats @TM14 he's beautiful! 
  • Options
    @BeachTigress go to rewardsrus.com and either create an account with your rewards number if you don't already have one and make sure your registry is linked to the account as well. Or, if you already have a rewardsrus account you will just need to log in and then select endless earnings.
  • Options
    Add me to the list of no car seat, no stroller...
  • Options
    rnyland1 said:
    that awkward moment when your old co-worker is in town and you find out that she invited everyone else in the office to lunch except for you. yup, that just happened.
    Did you get along with her when she was there? That's quite a shitty thing to do either way.
  • Options
    @YeezusButters yeah! At least I thought so....now I'm not so sure? I'm not exactly miss popularity over here anyways. We have a very weird office dynamic since I work in the oil industry. Most of my co-workers are old white dudes. There are a few younger people closer to my age but I'm the only one with kids so I tend not to fit in. Should be used to it by now.
  • Options
    @LDSJM123 If it turns out they are there somehow because people bought them for you, you might be sorry you deleted them if you want to exchange/return them. If it definitely says there are 0 purchase then I guess it doesn't matter. Could one of your parents been trying to "help" by working on your registry?
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @LDSJM123 If it turns out they are there somehow because people bought them for you, you might be sorry you deleted them if you want to exchange/return them. If it definitely says there are 0 purchase then I guess it doesn't matter. Could one of your parents been trying to "help" by working on your registry?
    Luckily no. Our parents are very laid back and I can't imagine them doing ever doing something like that. Plus, our shower was last weekend. I can't imagine that just returning for store credit would be an issue since I deleted the mystery items? Have people had a difficult time returning things to BRU? 
  • Options
    Mbondi0  thanks! Everything is already linked up and I'm surprised by how much money is in there! 
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• Options
    austinjl said:
    I've realized today that when I'm done being pregnant, I hope I appreciate being able to put pants/bottoms on with no struggle.
    Yeah. Everyone always talks about how miserable it is to be pregnant in the summer. I'm going to have to start responding with how miserable it was to deal with coats that don't fit and wrestling with boots when I was full-term in the winter. Sandals are a lifesaver. 
  • Options
    @TM14 congrats! He's beautiful :)
    We've had quite the morning.. I hate an NST this morning and they were concerned about baby's lack of movement, so we did a BPP. Didn't go super well, so I'm currently in L&D being monitored. Really hope baby can stay in there longer!
  • Options
    @schaze T&P your way! Hope baby starts cooperating for you.
  • Options
    @schaze Thinking of you and hope all goes well for you and your baby! <3
    jodi
    whitehall, pa
    every adventure requires a first step- C.C.

• Options
    @schaze thinking of you. hope LO decides to stay in there a bit longer.
  • Options
    @schaze thinking of you. Here's hoping your baby can cook for a little bit longer!!! 

• Options
    @schaze  hang in there!! Thinking of you!!
  • Options
    @schaze sounds like you're staying strong. Thoughts are with you today!
  • Options
    LF93LF93 member
    @YeezusButters  Every time I see you say "Feckin" it reminds me of a 70 year old Irish man. It's honestly the only swear word I do hear from anyone over the age of 50 here! 

I absolutely love all our crazy sayings here. Some are utter nonsense but make perfect sense to me! haha

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • Options
    @bunkie999 Do you mean color wise or fit wise waiting for the stroller?  I would think if it was fit wise reading reviews might give you a lot of ideas.
    I know they changed things for the 2016 model, but our older model indie twin fits a pretty wide variety with the universal adaptor
  • Options
    @schaze glad everything is ok.
    All these mamas heading into  L&D recently are making things seem even more real now.
  • Options
    LF93LF93 member
    edited May 2016
    I don't know whether this should be a UO but I would like to treat myself after baby gets here. Obviously he will be the best gift I could receive but I'd like to do something for myself too. It might be something as simple as getting my hair done or getting myself a new piece of jewellery. I've been concentrating on everything baby the past 8 months, I dont even remember my last hair cut. :) Does that seem selfish?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • Options
    Alright The girdle thread is shut down, but is Justine? Not yet......
  • Options
    LF93 said:
    I don't know whether this should be a UO but I would like to treat myself after baby gets here. Obviously he will be the best gift I could receive but I'd like to do something for myself too. It might be something as simple as getting my hair done or getting myself a new piece of jewellery. I've been concentrating on everything baby the past 8 months, I dont even remember my last hair cut. :) Does that seem selfish?
    Go for it and treat yourself!!!
    My husband said that he going to get me some type of spa treatment once this little lady is out of me and everything settles down. 

• Options
    edited May 2016
    @schaze Hope everything turns out okay! Sending love and prayers!
    Edit: I should have continued to read.  Glad everything turned out okay for you and baby!  It's always scary when they decide they're going to be lazy!
    July Siggy Challenge

BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I must say I have been pleasantly surprised by how many people have asked me about my pregnancy and LOVED the fact that we're not finding out what we're having! I really expected a lot more judgement and opinions on our choice but have gotten very few. That would have made these past few months so much less enjoyable. 
  • Options
    @mandyjulie - Thanks! We have/had two Evenflo carseats and have loved them, but they only go up to the 40".  Maybe she'll slow down growing soon? :) 
  • Options
    Oh I bet I would hate being pregnant in winter.  I couldn't imagine shoes, boots, heavy clothing...yuck.  I prefer flip flops please.
  • Options
    @oandmplus1 fit wise! Apparently they changed the 2016 model completely with all new adapters. The problem is, some of the adapters are on back order already. So we were just gonna go with one of the car seats that match one of the first adapters that come in, and unfortunately it's not a universal adapter! But if the stroller isn't in by next weekend I think we are just going to pick a car seat and just wait however long it takes for the adapter to come in. I doubt I will be up walking to much in the first few weeks after babes arrival anyways! 
  • Options
    @LF93 I'm doing that kind of stuff beforehand. I know I would have a hard time separating from my baby (even though this is my second) and will enjoy it more now.

@tiffrox81 I've had it mixed. Less complaints this time because it's baby #2 so people expected us to be surprised again. People all the time tell me they're too much of a planner though which bugs me. Do they think we're unprepared? I am the most type A get things done person. We just got neutral stuff for most things and had a girl's and boy's name picked out ahead of time.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I know I've only been pregnant for 8 months, but I can't remember what the heck I did with my free time before then. I get home from work and literally have nothing to do besides basic housework, and I have been so ridiculously bored the last few months. I don't remember it being like this last year at this time...I got off work for the summer and felt like I could finally relax, and this year all I can think about is what on earth will I do with myself for a whole month? Free time used to be a luxury...how do I have TOO much? I am almost looking forward to never sleeping and being needed 24/7, I really don't enjoy feeling like a bump on a log.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow!